Outdoor Woolly's Honey Holes

Got the dark devil in the ground and the line in the water.. Only caught worthless sunfish though..:coffee2:
upload_2016-5-22_21-8-27.png
upload_2016-5-22_21-8-54.png

Hello All

Thanks for taking the time to check this out. I will be doing a small grow this season - ten plants a few different varieties. I enjoy deep woods trekking to get to fishing spots (honey holes as we anglers call 'em), most of mine are two miles in from the trail head, hard to get to unless you're in waders and or a canoe / kayak but this stream has real low spots (ankle deep) so it deters people since they do not want to have to portage.. Enough back story - let us get to what will be growing :coffee2:.

I have one Sweet Seeds Dark Devil at day 15 - this gal has been outdoors since day 3 and is stunted / set back from nights getting down to mid 30s and averaging 40s. I was trying to see how hardy they could get and how early I could push my season.

The rest which all put their heads up are as follows.. All autos and fem'd. Outside during the day and in at night still.

2x World of Seeds Sugar Mango Ryder
1x Sweet Seeds Killer Kush
1x Sweet Seeds Bloody Skunk
2x Sweet Seeds Dark Devil (the older one above, and one at day 1)
1x Dinafem Blue Cheese
2x Nirvana Northern Lights
1x Buddha Seeds Purple Kush

A lot of people talk about how Rudies come from primarily Mexican gene lines. I don't agree with that. There is a ruderalis landrace in Denmark that has been grown there for a damn long time. Also, there is talk about the observations made in Siberia of wild ruderalis cannabis, Eastern Europe, etc. Depending on her genes, there's a pretty good chance that Dark Devil won't really give two sh!ts about low temps. Optimal conditions? Perhaps not. But I've seen stranger things and done even stranger things with the original LowRyder. More botanical observations of landrace ruderalis has been made on the Asian continent than anywhere else in the world. From the perspective of a botanist, it doesn't make sense to me that autoflowers would naturally stablize in a landrace populace that close to the equator[Mexico]. However, I can always accept than an exception to the rule doesn't change the rule. Everywhere else in the world ruderalis landrace strains have stablized in sub-arctic/temperate climates. Also, the original LowRyder had nothing in common, as far as growth traits, with landrace Mexican sativa, I've grown both. I believe it was imported at best. Which isn't to say you'll get an optimal crop off of her, it is to say she'll do alright. Years ago I grew LowRyder under 4' fluoros in a barely heated outbuilding in Alaska.

/edit "Years ago I grew LowRyder under 4' fluoros in a barely heated outbuilding in Alaska." In winter.

Enki that's a great way to look at it thanks for that. I was fairly confident it would't die but with "how sensitive autoflowers are in their first few weeks.." I would expect it to hurt the final result or just stretch out the 8-10 week seed to harvest grow.

I do not believe autos flower just by time, they must reach a certain level of maturity which just like us humans, does not happen by time alone. Which may be obvious to some but I think a lot of us get hyper focused on the "8-10 week harvest time." Under the absolute ideal conditions one can achieve these time frames but I rarely see anyone harvest sub 10 weeks. I am going to add Sweet Seeds Fast Bud 2 or speed bud I forget the name that claims 5 weeks seed to harvest. I imagine closer to 7 with 15-20 grams. Yet that sounds very appealing to me, quick turn low yielding. All mine is for personal use - maybe 10 grams a month? Maybe more now in the summer months it's too hard to not while going for a hike or wading out in the water, just better with a doobie hanging out of my mouth.

The first time I grew it was a lowryder hindu kush x afghani kush, got me into growing and never really looked to photos.

Just have more confidence in causally guerilla growing a shorter plant and in less time. Those 5 weekers sound like a dream too me.

got her mulched with leaves, cool

Yeah, she is in the woods in a little opening of trees - probably only gets 6 hours of direct sunlight but used some leaves in the hole and then on top for mulch so there is not a large freshly looking dug hole from the sky. Try my best to work them into the local vegetation, even use other plants to LST my plants. Plants helping plants :coffee2:..

Got the everything else planted up, did not take pictures of all but here is the Bloody Skunk and one of the Sugar Mango Ryders.. They Sweet Seeds Killer Kush was the most developed but of course did not snap a pic of that one. They are roughly ten days old now. A little early to transplant but I was ready for mother nature to take care of these.

Also caught this bass after getting all the girls in their homes, great day out!

upload_2016-5-29_7-48-36.png
upload_2016-5-29_7-49-1.png
upload_2016-5-29_7-49-51.png

Yeah, she is in the woods in a little opening of trees - probably only gets 6 hours of direct sunlight but used some leaves in the hole and then on top for mulch so there is not a large freshly looking dug hole from the sky. Try my best to work them into the local vegetation, even use other plants to LST my plants. Plants helping plants :coffee2:..

Got the everything else planted up, did not take pictures of all but here is the Bloody Skunk and one of the Sugar Mango Ryders.. They Sweet Seeds Killer Kush was the most developed but of course did not snap a pic of that one. They are roughly ten days old now. A little early to transplant but I was ready for mother nature to take care of these.

Also caught this bass after getting all the girls in their homes, great day out!

View attachment 576233View attachment 576234View attachment 576236
good spot, looks like good soil and fish!!!

Aha Largemouth Bass!! I had a feeling it had to have been bass, when the sunfish was caught!

Lst using other plants..sweet..i do the same. Wires around whatever works to hold the branches where I want 'em.

Judging by the shape of the leaf in the last seedling pic you should be growing out Frisian ducks!! Leaves(stealth variety) look quite similar to the plant in the right of the frame. :D
IMG_3676.JPG

Judging by the shape of the leaf in the last seedling pic you should be growing out Frisian ducks!! Leaves(stealth variety) look quite similar to the plant in the right of the frame. :D
View attachment 576425

Never seen that one before, is that one you grew? How was the smoke? I had been eyeing the frisian dew though I thought maybe you had a typo but nope Frisian Duck looks interesting, too bad no auto version!

Never seen that one before, is that one you grew? How was the smoke? I had been eyeing the frisian dew though I thought maybe you had a typo but nope Frisian Duck looks interesting, too bad no auto version!

Hey..its my first year trying out the Frisian Duck. That pic was around day 35 I think. Oh I bet the guys at DP are working on an auto version! I grew out my first Frisian dew last season, and it was a solid plant(pulled 3lbs 4oz + 1.5lb under formed bud off the Dew). A solid body stone with some head stone.

3.25 pounds off the auto Frisian dew? How long did it grow for? In your journal from last season?

Back