Not sure I would go that route. I've seen it suggested to leave plants in the dark for 24 hours before harvest, I have no opinion one way or another if that works. However, 24 hours of darkness and only doing a partial harvest seems like there is more potential to stress the remaining plant that you won't be harvesting and I do not believe it to worth any potential gains.

You also mentioned flushing with plain water, I would double check that as typically giving strait tap water leads to bad things in coco.

Not sure I would go that route. I've seen it suggested to leave plants in the dark for 24 hours before harvest, I have no opinion one way or another if that works. However, 24 hours of darkness and only doing a partial harvest seems like there is more potential to stress the remaining plant that you won't be harvesting and I do not believe it to worth any potential gains.

You also mentioned flushing with plain water, I would double check that as typically giving strait tap water leads to bad things in coco.
I've been phing the water and only giving it when my pot goes light

I've been phing the water and only giving it when my pot goes light
If your going to keep ur bottom buds going I wouldn't put it in darkness also its days in dark that seems to work well now I would harvest in sections so you can try different ripeness on this strain which will give you different effects.

So I cut her down. What a job to cut and wet trim then hang in my tent. Hung all the larger bud and then any small stuff I brown paper bagged. Next time I'll remember to not sit on the ground infront of my tent cross legged to do it. As I've now burst a blood vessel behind my knee. But I think ill have a pretty good yeild and hopefully she won't shrink too much. My rh in the tent has been around 50% and about 22°c and I'll just wait it out. External fan at the bottom and an extraction fan and filter at the top. Here's some pics. @MesaBoogie @Fitzy @Django_TO @Garage_Grower @blue
20201115_134424.jpg
20201115_181425_01.jpg
20201115_144801.jpg

So I cut her down. What a job to cut and wet trim then hang in my tent. Hung all the larger bud and then any small stuff I brown paper bagged. Next time I'll remember to not sit on the ground infront of my tent cross legged to do it. As I've now burst a blood vessel behind my knee. But I think ill have a pretty good yeild and hopefully she won't shrink too much. My rh in the tent has been around 50% and about 22°c and I'll just wait it out. External fan at the bottom and an extraction fan and filter at the top. Here's some pics. @MesaBoogie @Fitzy @Django_TO @Garage_Grower @blue View attachment 1253960View attachment 1253961View attachment 1253962
Great job bud hope she smokes well for ya.

Drying
So my dry seams to be going crusty. I'm about 3.5 days into drying. Averaging 23°c and 46%rh. Is this normal. Each time it seams to have gone crusty and then quite fluffy. Have done the snap test and by that its not quite ready. I'm fine with giving it longer but could I have too much airflow or will my cure fix this and make the buds re tighten. @MesaBoogie @Fitzy @Garage_Grower @Django_TO
20201118_181011.jpg

Snap test has always worked for me. It's normal for the buds to be kind of crusty to the touch. The stems hold all the moisture and the buds will suck it in. If you stick it in jars before the stems start to become snappy the moisture will come right back into the buds. It can be a bit of trial and error to start. I suggest you order a small hygrometer that will fit into your curing jars. I aim for about 60-63% RH. Keep in mind it takes at least 24 hours to get a reliable initial reading from it. Another test or another snap test i suppose it just simply break a piece of bud off the stem. IF it breaks off cleanly it's looking good. If it doesn't and you get a bit of a stringer with it you know it's not ready.

Snap test has always worked for me. It's normal for the buds to be kind of crusty to the touch. The stems hold all the moisture and the buds will suck it in. If you stick it in jars before the stems start to become snappy the moisture will come right back into the buds. It can be a bit of trial and error to start. I suggest you order a small hygrometer that will fit into your curing jars. I aim for about 60-63% RH. Keep in mind it takes at least 24 hours to get a reliable initial reading from it. Another test or another snap test i suppose it just simply break a piece of bud off the stem. IF it breaks off cleanly it's looking good. If it doesn't and you get a bit of a stringer with it you know it's not ready.
I don't reckon my lights are strong enough. The bud is quite airy which is very annoying. Owell. Learning i guess
20201118_205007.jpg

I think they could have gone at least another week before harvesting. That may have helped with the size and firming up a bit. Looked like a lot of white pistols still on your last pic before harvest. In my experience you have to wait for more of them to turn brown and shrivel up.

Back