Grow Mediums Welcome to the Autopot Forum!

Should you add perlite to Roots Organics original potting soil when you use it in an autopot system? I see a lot of people saying 50/50 soil/perlite but roots already has a shitload of perlite in it.

Should you add perlite to Roots Organics original potting soil when you use it in an autopot system? I see a lot of people saying 50/50 soil/perlite but roots already has a shitload of perlite in it.
Most of us that have switched to soil are using either 70/30 soil/coco or 70/30 soil/perlite. If it already has plenty of perlite in it I would run with it the way it is.

I ended up just going with roots original right from the bag, no added perlite or coco. Here’s where I stand at day 26. Mephisto Grapey Walter on the left, orange diesel on the right. The GW was topped and tied down, the OD was just tied down.

FC4BBEC2-D8E2-46BA-B0E4-275787CF4951.jpeg

I ended up just going with roots original right from the bag, no added perlite or coco. Here’s where I stand at day 26. Mephisto Grapey Walter on the left, orange diesel on the right. The GW was topped and tied down, the OD was just tied down.

View attachment 955058

I'm using roots greenlight, has coco mixed in. Just started so it will be interesting to see how it works.

View attachment 955058

OD looks normal, the GW looks like it's in a slow phase. Is that from the topping or was it always a bit of a runt?

OD looks normal, the GW looks like it's in a slow phase. Is that from the topping or was it always a bit of a runt?

The bigger plant looks like it’s slow and a runt?

Edit: did the sarcasm go right over my head? :doh:

I definitely stunted and stalled out the OD for about 5 days it just froze and refused to move after I sprayed some neem oil on it after seeing a few unwelcome bugs hanging around. I was going to cull it but decided to just give it a chance. Live and learn :shrug:

I definitely stunted and stalled out the OD for about 5 days it just froze and refused to move after I sprayed some neem oil on it after seeing a few unwelcome bugs hanging around. I was going to cull it but decided to just give it a chance. Live and learn :shrug:

interesting on the neem oil stalling a plant. I have used it a couple of times but later in like early flower and can't say i noticed anything stalled but they all could have been without me knowing it.

I'm trying to take an approach with my latest grow where I try to not stall for any reason. I have 8-10 plants germinating or popped already for the next run. Final count will depend on if any look like like runts and I'll cull them. Once underway, I'll LST only and mildly. No HST. And I'm going to reduce the amount of nutes I normally use. Hopefully it will result in a faster end to end run.

That's all that we can do really...

Back