Grow Mediums Welcome to the Autopot Forum!

Oh I don’t blame the neem oil, I understand and accept it was user error. What I believe happened is I mixed the spray too strong and overdid it on a 10 day old plant, which left behind oil after it dried that in turn choked the young leaves. I wish I took photos of what it looked like but I was too busy being embarrassed at my f**k up. At the time I thought i had ruined the plant completely and would have to start over, but now I can look back on it as a learning experience. If I get an ounce and a half off the plant I’ll be more than happy with that, stunted or not.

Oh I don’t blame the neem oil, I understand and accept it was user error. What I believe happened is I mixed the spray too strong and overdid it on a 10 day old plant, which left behind oil after it dried that in turn choked the young leaves. I wish I took photos of what it looked like but I was too busy being embarrassed at my f**k up. At the time I thought i had ruined the plant completely and would have to start over, but now I can look back on it as a learning experience. If I get an ounce and a half off the plant I’ll be more than happy with that, stunted or not.
Hell yeah!!!

I've always grown in hydro, but am getting tired of doing all the work, and am thinking about switching to autopots.
I have some questions:
1. There is a SmartPot version of AutoPots. Would SmartPots work better than the pots that come with the regular system? What about AirPots?
2. I've never used soil or coco, don't trust soil, and prefer something that doesn't resemble dirt that critters might like. Would pure perlite, vermiculite, rockwool, hydroton, etc, or some mixture of those work?

I've always grown in hydro, but am getting tired of doing all the work, and am thinking about switching to autopots.
I have some questions:
1. There is a SmartPot version of AutoPots. Would SmartPots work better than the pots that come with the regular system? What about AirPots?
2. I've never used soil or coco, don't trust soil, and prefer something that doesn't resemble dirt that critters might like. Would pure perlite, vermiculite, rockwool, hydroton, etc, or some mixture of those work?

The smartpots are pretty big are they not? Big pots are not good IMO, but others like em. I got the small size regular plastic autopots. 2.5 gallon I think it is. But I would like to try a smartpot version, but a smaller one. I guess you could just fill them up half way or something. I dont believe that airpot and autopot combos exist yet, but that could be an interesting combo. Another thing, get the 1 pot autopots so each pot gets it own tray and valve. There is some autpot products that have two pots sharing a tray which is not good. And there is a one pot kit in a box that has the res and 4 full autopots and that kit is pretty cheap and ships as one box which is nice.

Just go with all coco friend. Or add in 10% hydroton. I'm not a believer in mixing up mediums with autopots because I have had issues with it before. And coco is just a great medium for drainage and moisture so you don't need to complicate things by mixing.

Hey guys, I'm pleased to announce that AutoPots is officially coming on to the forum as a vendor and will have an official representative dropping in as well to say hello! It wasn't a hard sell when I told them we already had a forum created for them with thousands of posts :rofl: Great guys, looking forward to making it official :d5::d5::d5:
Is there an Autopot Rep ?

I bought mine just before starting this grow and snapped this pic from their marketing pamphlet...
20190110_145321~2.jpeg

My $0.02: I'm using what I thought was a coco/perlite mix product but it turns out it's pretty much potting soil. My girls are doing well now that I've moved to soil pH #'s and one is about to finish (while the other worked as a pH buffer for 20days and is now a giant monster just starting preflower). That said, I'll probably go with (and recommend, based on the evidence in the forums here) straight coco the next run for more control too.

The owner of my local (yeah, local for the boonies) grow store is very interested in my grows with the auto-pots. Trying to convince him to carry them and all the parts and accessories!!

Hello all I have a 4 pot rootspa system on 16th day from planting. Using clay pebbles and 3 part floragro food with platinum 300 light in a vented 2 x4 gorilla tent. Does anyone have any experience with this system or are there any threads relevant? I’m brand new making medicine for my wife.

You need to look and post in the Hydro section. Your system is considered to be DWC ( Deep Water Culture )
Auto pots are not a hydro system, they are bottom watered pots that contain a grow medium, like soil or coco.

Hello all I have a 4 pot rootspa system on 16th day from planting. Using clay pebbles and 3 part floragro food with platinum 300 light in a vented 2 x4 gorilla tent. Does anyone have any experience with this system or are there any threads relevant? I’m brand new making medicine for my wife.

Back