Grow Mediums Welcome to the Autopot Forum!

most of those garden store " self watering" pots are not so great. The auto pot system uses an ingenious, yet simple valve to control how much water/nutrient the pots get. The flood tray has to dry out completely before the valve re-opens to let more in, thus maintaining a fairly even level of moister in the pots. Plus having a resivior that reduces time spent watering for a week or more depending on res size and pot count.

Are they worth it? Hell yes! Look at some of the grows done in them here, Hansbrick, etc. I an finishing up my first grow in them and I'm totally sold and will go all autopot in stages.

Here's the Sweet Trainwreck I just harvested:

View attachment 564312
You're always getting down with some of the bombest buds, bud!!!

First time autopot grower!!! One forum stomper and one blue toof special... Qb288 135w kit... How do they look? Still have a little more work to do to the cabinet... They are both 39 days from seed and the toof seems slow to flower... First pic is from my very first auto grow!!! 2 Skunk autos and one nl big bud auto... Got 4 and 3/4oz.
IMG_20180625_213604.jpg
15330829548811073052072.jpg
15330830038761834202321.jpg
15330826839301601674755.jpg

If you use auto pots, your fine here! Nice to se a long term users. I've not heard of many people switching back to any other system once they've run auto pots!

I now have enough for my various grow spaces, 10 pots in total. I'm buying a 30 gallon trash can to convert into a res to feed all pots from a single res
Take me on as your humble student, Sensei!!! XD

I hasten to add that I still think Autopots are great, but as I grow in an attic, the thought of 200 l of water from my reservoirs escaping through a hanging/stuck auto valve is no laughing matter. I've never had a malfunction yet through some 30 plus autopot grows, so it's not something I worry about constantly, but first glance when going up to the grow room every day is the carpet around the tents.....

The WaterFarm Think Big was in coco rather than clay pellets and it was my first Cocoponic grow.... aye, sampling some TB can have semantic consequences....... and actually the reason for trying the WaterFarm apart from the leakage worry, is the annoying hassle of getting rid of soil with perlite which to me is a dead giveaway or at least suspicious, and might lead someone to call the snitch line for botanical constable snooping.
I've also got the 25 L Aquafarm ACS system with 4 pots and it's about to enter active duty in a couple of days, albeit with a 200 L reservoir rather than the standard reservoir, which will retire as a stand for pits with plants when changing the dilution, so no hands on tales yet. One major niggle with this system is recirculating and although I got away with not using the water chiller I've borrowed, I put it down to beginners luck that no bad pathogen got attracted to the WF, it's prolly just a matter of time.
Another disadvantage, at least for me, is that in the WF the plant is feeding from the solution, rather than off the reservoir like in the Autopots. The ACS system actually come with a drain pump, so changing solution is quick and simple. I'll mod t and tweak the the whole system a hit to fit my specific grow setup

I generally use the GH line of feeds and additives, FloraNova ,following on the footsteps of @captain beefheart here https://www.autoflower.org/threads/how-get-huge-autos-with-coco-and-now-autopots.46286/ and I'll try FloraDuo with the Aquafarm system. The TB was grown with Flora Nova Bloom from start to finish as the main stable, finished with GH Ripen and Florakleen the last 2 weeks, and liquid Great White Myco. Dunno if it actually worked, but since no baddies emerged, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. I very happy with the GH nutes, and although I dance with this that and the other, it is my preferred nute line.

Choosing between Autopots and the GH drip systems is really a question of what best suits a specific grow setup and personal preferences, both are top notch grow "pots"/systems, and I'll likely only ever again use my Airpots and smartpots for the odd novelty grows in the vegging snug.....First up a 30 L Airpot on a rotating display stand, either DP's AutoExtreme or auto Euphoria .... Lol..... Can canna get dizzy.... That would be a poetic turn of the tables so to speak......... View attachment 630871
Im gonna go with just megacrop nutes for the whole grow... It is the bomb!!!

What's up pop22?

You're always getting down with some of the bombest buds, bud!!!

First time autopot grower!!! One forum stomper and one blue toof special... Qb288 135w kit... How do they look? Still have a little more work to do to the cabinet... They are both 39 days from seed and the toof seems slow to flower... First pic is from my very first auto grow!!! 2 Skunk autos and one nl big bud auto... Got 4 and 3/4oz.View attachment 936822 View attachment 936819 View attachment 936820 View attachment 936818

Take me on as your humble student, Sensei!!! XD

Im gonna go with just megacrop nutes for the whole grow... It is the bomb!!!

What size is the tent sir?

Whatever Sativa you are smoking, I WANT SOME! :pighug: Slow down a little, you move too fast. :coffee:
I’m getting dizzy just coming back here every twenty minutes. :dizzy:

Soooooo, I got to looking at my res and it looks like it the water level hasnt changed much... When I looked at the water at the bottom of the pots, it looks kinda brackish, like you can see the glaze on the water... Also, when I got my autopots the filter was broken... I used an airstone in place of the filter and it seemed to work just fine... I dont know if that may be a bad thing to do or not, but I had to improvise quickly... Could it be possible for it to get clogged up?

Whatever Sativa you are smoking, I WANT SOME! :pighug: Slow down a little, you move too fast. :coffee:
I’m getting dizzy just coming back here every twenty minutes. :dizzy:
Don't really smoke since im on probation!!! All of this is new to me so I ask a lot of questions... Pop knows that I can't wait to get to higher levels in the growing order... If you don't ask, you'll never know or grow, and I'm here to do both good sir!!! Sorry if it bothers you...

Back