Grow Mediums Welcome to the Autopot Forum!

What about the inline filter and I appreciate the help!!!
If you are using a small reservoir the 1/4” golf filter and the golf filter material you put inside of it works as an inline filter. The inline filter they sell is for the 1/2 inch lines they sell with the bigger systems.

If you are using a small reservoir the 1/4” golf filter and the golf filter material you put inside of it works as an inline filter. The inline filter they sell is for the 1/2 inch lines they sell with the bigger systems.
How long would you estimate a 5gal rez to last for growing 1plant

How long would you estimate a 5gal rez to last for growing 1plant
That’s really hard to say as it would depend on the size of the plant. When they are young I don’t bother putting in more than a couple gallons at a time. One because they drink so little, two because it gives you the opportunity to make corrections to your nutrient levels easier. Now when they get bigger, like the mother plant I’m SCROGing I put five gallons in my reservoir, this measures 10.5 inches deep, and she drinks 1/2 an inch of solution a day. I have seen fully grown ladies in full bloom drink over a gallon a day. My 5 two liter autos and one big photo plant in a five gallon pot are drinking 3 gallons every four days. So there are quite a few variables to work with but I have yet to see the reservoir ever empty during one of my weeks away when I have it filled to 10+ gallons, no matter how many plants I had on the reservoir. (4 max)

That’s really hard to say as it would depend on the size of the plant. When they are young I don’t bother putting in more than a couple gallons at a time. One because they drink so little, two because it gives you the opportunity to make corrections to your nutrient levels easier. Now when they get bigger, like the mother plant I’m SCROGing I put five gallons in my reservoir, this measures 10.5 inches deep, and she drinks 1/2 an inch of solution a day. I have seen fully grown ladies in full bloom drink over a gallon a day. My 5 two liter autos and one big photo plant in a five gallon pot are drinking 3 gallons every four days. So there are quite a few variables to work with but I have yet to see the reservoir ever empty during one of my weeks away when I have it filled to 10+ gallons, no matter how many plants I had on the reservoir. (4 max)

I'm going away for 5 days next weekend for a fishing trip. I have 8 autopots with young ladies going right now. Thankfully I have a friend to check things, refill the humidifier daily and just generally watch out for issues like plugged lines or faulty valve fuckery. But I'd rather not have him mixing nutes and PHing etc, even though its dead simple with mega crop. I am going to be out of cell phone range so the plan is to make this just a babysitting job for him and let the autopots do what they were designed to do. So I'm going to load up 2 of the autopot reservoirs right to the top, each one supplying 4 autopots. They are 12 gallons each so that should be more than enough.

I'm going away for 5 days next weekend for a fishing trip. I have 8 autopots with young ladies going right now. Thankfully I have a friend to check things, refill the humidifier daily and just generally watch out for issues like plugged lines or faulty valve fuckery. But I'd rather not have him mixing nutes and PHing etc, even though its dead simple with mega crop. I am going to be out of cell phone range so the plan is to make this just a babysitting job for him and let the autopots do what they were designed to do. So I'm going to load up 2 of the autopot reservoirs right to the top, each one supplying 4 autopots. They are 12 gallons each so that should be more than enough.
I have never had to fill them all the way up and I have been away for up 10 days. If your ladies are young enough five gallons for each four pots will probably be more than enough.

Must be nice to have someone you trust to check on them for you. I spent 10 days in Japan with a tent full and I worried every day about them. Next big trip I’m putting a camera that I can access remotely and that way I will at least know what I’m coming home to or if I should just stay out of country if I saw the police cleaning out my grow. So far, each time I go away the ladies do better without me, I wonder what they are trying to tell me. :crying:

I have never had to fill them all the way up and I have been away for up 10 days. If your ladies are young enough five gallons for each four pots will probably be more than enough.

Must be nice to have someone you trust to check on them for you. I spent 10 days in Japan with a tent full and I worried every day about them. Next big trip I’m putting a camera that I can access remotely and that way I will at least know what I’m coming home to or if I should just stay out of country if I saw the police cleaning out my grow. So far, each time I go away the ladies do better without me, I wonder what they are trying to tell me. :crying:

I had my res run dry when I was away 5 days this spring. My friend figured he could mix the nutes up without even telling me. PH was way off. They were on his feed mix for a day. Not sure if that harmed them or not. But I decided I'd like to avoid that next time. So I'm going to load them right up.

Wifi cameras are great for remote watching your grow. I use it to check temp on a hygrometer basically. I can't really use it look at all the plants the way I have it setup.

I'm looking forward to coming back and seeing all the ladies and how well they did without me almost as much as I'm looking forward to going fishing! Not really. I'll taking fishing over anything any day. But still it will be interesting to see how much they changed.

howdy peeps of the autopot section :pass:these airdome things.does everybody use them,and at what day or about what size of plant would you turn them on ?
thanks folks :d5:
@Shantam come check this section out.folks please have a lookin on Shantam :pass:
:pighug:

howdy peeps of the autopot section :pass:these airdome things.does everybody use them,and at what day or about what size of plant would you turn them on ?
thanks folks :d5:
@Shantam come check this section out.folks please have a lookin on Shantam :pass:
:pighug:
I've used the airdomes on both my grows so far. I turned mine on between day 15-20 and then at day 20 the reservoir was started.

Back