Grow Mediums Welcome to the Autopot Forum!

Out of control? Kinda like this auto pot grow? :smoking:"

The plant in the back left hit 84" tall........... in an 80" tent had to break the top lol! It was my first photo period grow in auto pots.... lesson learned!

QB Tent pic1 -7-4-2017.jpg

I usually like it when that happens. I did let one get way out of control a few years back when I grew in DWC. The picture was taken just a couple weeks into flower and I fought this for weeks. I learned a lot about super cropping that grow.
View attachment 927999

Attachments

• QB Tent pic1 -7-4-2017.jpg
    QB Tent pic1 -7-4-2017.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 196
Yea, that was back when I was just getting back into growing, first indoor and DWC grow. I had no idea WTF I was doing. Vegged way too long and that 4x4x6 was so full when I opened the tent the buds would fall out. It was insane and probably the biggest harvest I ever had indoors. In the end I had square tomato cages around each 5 gallon bucket to support the whole mess. Now I actually work at keeping my ladies short. This year I’m doing photos in the greenhouse and hope to grow some monsters using the Easy2GO autopot valves.

Out of control? Kinda like this auto pot grow? :smoking:"

The plant in the back left hit 84" tall........... in an 80" tent had to break the top lol! It was my first photo period grow in auto pots.... lesson learned!
View attachment 928041

We all learn as we go hopefully! I know I have. This grow is getting to be just a bit long at day 113 for the ANQ grow. They are beasts yes, but I would like to get up at a normal time now. I have done two consecutive grows, and normally I don't like to do that. For me, one winter-spring grow and then one fall-winter grow is my normal. This season got a little out of whack because I traveled to Mauritius in the winter for work.

I will post pics in a few minutes. Here she is 10 days ago or so.

IMG_1719.JPG

IMG_1768.JPG
Ok, here are the ladies now in this day 113 ANQ from Dutch Passion - 2 phenos, as promised.

IMG_1770.JPG

Hard to really tell here, but this is ^^^^^ Stretch and one of her colas, you can see all the foxtailing on this phenotype. Her sister has none of that structure, and neither did any of the other times I grew her. She is a new pheno for sure! Crazy sticky stuff too. Another girl over 200 on the scales. Looking forward to seeing how she smokes as well.

IMG_1772.JPG

The big girl with the blonde hair is the one called "the Thing", and her flavor profile is light strawberry and some peppery like spices and very smooth smoke. Yummy in the morning with a good cup of coffee. Her buds are huge and solid as rocks. She will be over 200 grams for sure!

IMG_1777.JPG

Poor girls are so heavy they just can't hold themselves up! This was the one called "Stretch" and will be a very strong flavor of strawberrymilkshake with a twist of dank(yes please!).

day 113 for the ANQ grow.
Wow! Drives me crazy when autos go that long. Anything over 110 days and I’m wondering why I’m not just growing a photo strain instead. :biggrin: I love DP’s genetics grew quite a few of their auto mazars and indoors never had one go less than 100 days. Some I swear could just keep on going if you fed them the right nutes. I liked that one so much it quickly went on my reversing schedule and created a few seeds for the collection.

I recently had one I chopped at 100 thatstill looked like it was stuck in the first week of flower. Never again, I now have a 90 day limit... lol!

Wow! Drives me crazy when autos go that long. Anything over 110 days and I’m wondering why I’m not just growing a photo strain instead. :biggrin: I love DP’s genetics grew quite a few of their auto mazars and indoors never had one go less than 100 days. Some I swear could just keep on going if you fed them the right nutes. I liked that one so much it quickly went on my reversing schedule and created a few seeds for the collection.

I recently had one I chopped at 100 thatstill looked like it was stuck in the first week of flower. Never again, I now have a 90 day limit... lol!

You couldn't have harvested these girls, nor would you have tossed them either. I get you, but these are just going to be big monsters. That was not what I was expecting from this train, but ok, I won't complain. I will have overnight 400 grams of quality smoke in the next three weeks, so in the end I will pull nearly 700 grams from this grow in a 4 x 4 tent. All that with around 600 watts of led, various types. I think that is pretty good, and tbh I don't want any more huge grows like this. I Ike my 60 to 120 gram, under control, mid-size ladies. Some of these genetics are out of control.

Just because we like to confuse folks, there are a few of us here that have tried several combinations and while MedCzech is correct according to Autopots documentation, it is not what myself and pop22 now recommend after many grows. Check out his post right above yours by Pop22 where he mentions using 70% soil, 30% coco. We are both recommending a combo of soil and coco to have the soil help buffer any issues. I’m currently testing soil and perlite in the same 70/30 mix and it seems to be about the same as soil/coco. I don’t use any hydroton on the bottom either, cannabis doesn’t seem to care one way or the other. Although, I do recommend use of the airdomes if you can.

If you are going to use all coco or coco/perlite do yourself a favor and add some dolomite lime to the mix because you will almost always have cal/mag deficiencies with coco as the primary. I use about a half cup of lime to every 5 gallons of medium. No lime? Prebuffer your medium with a good dose of cal/mag and be prepared to use it for most of your grow.
I also have fox farm ocean forest soil do you water with nutes r just plain water b4 turning on rez?

Back