Grow Mediums Welcome to the Autopot Forum!

I also have fox farm ocean forest soil do you water with nutes r just plain water b4 turning on rez?
I have no experience with any commercially available soils and don’t know how hot FFOF soil is. So it would be impossible for me to tell you that. I make my own blend and it’s very light so I will water it into the pot with beneficials like Recharge, Voodoo, or MammothP until the fifth day. Then I will water with light nutes about 250ml for each pot right around the seedling to encourage the tap root to head for the bottom. I will water with nutes again on day 10 and 15 using 500ml and 750ml respectively and usually turn the reservoir on around day 21.

Has anybody diy their own rez for the autopots???
There were some that used some 13 gallon kitchen trash cans from Lowes/HomeDepot to make a second res. You could probably do the same thing with a larger 30 gallon.

There were some that used some 13 gallon kitchen trash cans from Lowes/HomeDepot to make a second res. You could probably do the same thing with a larger 30 gallon.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking since I seen the 1 plant module I can add my own rez it'll save me $30-$40

Has anybody diy their own rez for the autopots???
I have the Easy2GO modules in my greenhouse and when I needed an extra reservoir for different nutrient solutions to different trays, I grab a 5 gallon opaque bucket and drill a 10mm hole near the bottom, popped a grommet in with a filter and like magic another reservoir. Pop a lid on it and I can stack them on top of each other if necessary. I never like to make more than 2-4 gallons of solution at a time unless I’m traveling, so a five gallon bucket works just great for me.

I have the Easy2GO modules in my greenhouse and when I needed an extra reservoir for different nutrient solutions to different trays, I grab a 5 gallon opaque bucket and drill a 10mm hole near the bottom, popped a grommet in with a filter and like magic another reservoir. Pop a lid on it and I can stack them on top of each other if necessary. I never like to make more than 2-4 gallons of solution at a time unless I’m traveling, so a five gallon bucket works just great for me.
See thats what I was getting at running 1 plant I don't think I need the 13 gallon rez and with the module do it come with rez connections like the filter and grommet or do I have to buy that separate

See thats what I was getting at running 1 plant I don't think I need the 13 gallon rez and with the module do it come with rez connections like the filter and grommet or do I have to buy that separate
It’s on their website and looks like this.
E73DF49A-03F8-41C5-976B-AABB71D5F359.jpeg

easy2GO Kit includes:
1x AQUAvalve
1x AQUAvalve Cover
1x Circular Spirit Level
1x 1/2”-1/4″ Inline Filter
1x 1/4″ Golf Filter
1x 1/4″ Top Hat Grommet
5ft of 1/4″ Pipe

It comes with everything u need except the reservoir & tray. Here is how I have them setup.
2143F11A-27BC-429A-9D7D-640F15AADC67.jpeg

The only rule about the trays is they can’t be bigger than a maximum tray size 13 ft sq. So a 3x3 or 3x4 tray would work fine.

It’s on their website and looks like this. View attachment 930496
easy2GO Kit includes:
1x AQUAvalve
1x AQUAvalve Cover
1x Circular Spirit Level
1x 1/2”-1/4″ Inline Filter
1x 1/4″ Golf Filter
1x 1/4″ Top Hat Grommet
5ft of 1/4″ Pipe

It comes with everything u need except the reservoir & tray. Here is how I have them setup.
View attachment 930495
The only rule about the trays is they can’t be bigger than a maximum tray size 13 ft sq. So a 3x3 or 3x4 tray would work fine.
Screenshot_2018-07-15-01-35-15-1.png
Screenshot_2018-07-15-01-35-01-1.png
this is the one I'm thinking since it going to be in a closet just wondering about the connections to a rez since it's the only thing missing

View attachment 930499 View attachment 930500 this is the one I'm thinking since it going to be in a closet just wondering about the connections to a rez since it's the only thing missing
You need to get the following parts listed under Fittings:

1/4Inch Top Hat Grommet

1/4inch In-Line Tap
1/4” Golf Filter Case
1/4inch Golf Filter Material
(you could use green scrub pad material)

Then you just need a five gallon bucket or a kitchen trash can.

You need to get the following parts listed under Fittings:

1/4Inch Top Hat Grommet

1/4inch In-Line Tap
1/4” Golf Filter Case
1/4inch Golf Filter Material
(you could use green scrub pad material)

Then you just need a five gallon bucket or a kitchen trash can.

What about the inline filter and I appreciate the help!!!

Back