Live Stoners Virginia is for Growers

No. I’m saying that China and Amazon killed more small business then anything else.
Yes, I understand that. And again that boils down to the individual values of the consumer. But that is neither here nor there in this case, because neither of them have anything to do with corporate cannabis in VA vs more artesian, small batch focused local businesses. If Amazon starts selling Chinese grown cannabis with next day delivery, that would be a different story. Till then its a non sequitur, I'm simply giving my professional opinion on what would be an effective and most likely necessary way to carve out a market share for small cannabis businesses in Virginia.

Yes, I understand that. And again that boils down to the individual values of the consumer. But that is neither here nor there in this case, because neither of them have anything to do with corporate cannabis in VA vs more artesian, small batch focused local businesses. If Amazon starts selling Chinese grown cannabis with next day delivery, that would be a different story. Till then its a non sequitur, I'm simply giving my professional opinion on what would be an effective and most likely necessary way to carve out a market share for small cannabis businesses in Virginia.
You just get the government out of the way let the free market reign. I’m happy with the law the way it is. Open a few dispensaries tax the hell out of it drive up the market price. Sounds like a winner to me. :pass:

You just get the government out of the way let the free market reign. I’m happy with the law the way it is. Open a few dispensaries tax the hell out of it drive up the market price. Sounds like a winner to me. :pass:
Unfortunately the free market is a flawed economic model (due to the reasons we've just been talking about in the last several posts), and taxing cannabis too much is going to require business owners to drive down profits in order to stay competitive with street prices. But I digress.

As long as things don't go the way of Big Virginia Tobacco with lobbiests pushing for huge additional taxes (like the E liquid tax for vape juice, $0.066/ml is nuts) in order to try to push consumers to *their* products, it should be ok. When they start adding on all these additional taxes all it does is drive the margins down for everyone else involved. Which would be super shitty. Have they even proposed what the cannabis taxes will be going towards, or is that still too far out to determine?

Have they even proposed what the cannabis taxes will be going towards, or is that still too far out to determine?

First hit from a quickie google search:

1631842693681.png

Unfortunately the free market is a flawed economic model (due to the reasons we've just been talking about in the last several posts), and taxing cannabis too much is going to require business owners to drive down profits in order to stay competitive with street prices. But I digress.

As long as things don't go the way of Big Virginia Tobacco with lobbiests pushing for huge additional taxes (like the E liquid tax for vape juice, $0.066/ml is nuts) in order to try to push consumers to *their* products, it should be ok. When they start adding on all these additional taxes all it does is drive the margins down for everyone else involved. Which would be super shitty. Have they even proposed what the cannabis taxes will be going towards, or is that still too far out to determine?

0199B9B2-3500-4F12-8BE8-AA3F1D00243B.gif

So, there's another possible element for our business model - provide vocational training programs for people to get hired by the mega-growers...
96345514-9F4C-4205-A280-5C534A8B9AC0.gif

to much trouble for to little return.

Back