Live Stoners Virginia is for Growers

The point of a co-op is not to maximize profits for owners or shareholders. A co-op is primarily intended to benefit its members in some way, who often use or purchase what the company produces themselves.

Virginia's law is set-up to limit vertical integration by large businesses (although I think there are some vertical integration exceptions for small businesses) - so you couldn't necessarily setup a combined grow/retail business like a farmer's or grocery co-op. You'd primarily have to rely on partnerships / marketing to local retail outlets to sell excess yield, but that would still be mainly just to help cover operating costs.

I'm thinking more along the lines of just a way home growers to get around the 4-plant limit, share knowledge, and evaluate small-scale growing techniques to promote education and experience for home cultivation.

(Did I just write a mission statement?)
[/QUO
Fuck the government?:funny:
best advice ever!!! Weed is the devil. Wait that not true it’s amazing! Fuck the government

I'm thinking more along the lines of just a way home growers to get around the 4-plant limit, share knowledge, and evaluate small-scale growing techniques to promote education and experience for home cultivation.

How about promoting civil disobedience? Have everyone ignore the 4-plant limit, citing that it's just too restrictive, not logical, etc.

Otherwise, home growers apparently have no and need representation. Maybe consider organizing a state home growers/gardeners club (trade association, lobbying group, etc.).

How about promoting civil disobedience? Have everyone ignore the 4-plant limit, citing that it's just too restrictive, not logical, etc.

Otherwise, home growers apparently have no and need representation. Maybe consider organizing a state home growers/gardeners club (trade association, lobbying group, etc.).
I can’t think this inside the box. I am not kidding I may be on the spectrum. I can’t currently accept the no option or the option being criminal, but you are making my wheels spin which I thank you for.

The point of a co-op is not to maximize profits for owners or shareholders. A co-op is primarily intended to benefit its members in some way, who often use or purchase what the company produces themselves.

Virginia's law is set-up to limit vertical integration by large businesses (although I think there are some vertical integration exceptions for small businesses) - so you couldn't necessarily setup a combined grow/retail business like a farmer's or grocery co-op. You'd primarily have to rely on partnerships / marketing to local retail outlets to sell excess yield, but that would still be mainly just to help cover operating costs.

They are giving 450 people a monopoly on selling with no competition. Sounds screwed up like a soup sandwich. Better odds playing the lottery.

I see your point and it’s valid. I think cottage is the best answer for the community. Let’s think this out.
So we agree craft is overall a good solution.
We anticipate big business to push us out. How do we stop this? There is an answer.
I know down our way there is a big push for the "buy local" type movement. If anything, the explosion of microbreweries here have shown that. The era of corporate chains seem to be starting to draw to a close, talk to people of the millennial or gen-z generations and you'll find that they would much rather support the little guy who is pouring his soul into his work vs someone who is only out for cash. I mean hell, just Google "millennials killed the" and you'll find hundreds of articles about the industries we've supposedly destroyed. Grassroots is en vogue, and people much rather be able to know where the products they are consuming come from (e.g. the farm to table movement) than to support big businesses. They want to be able to talk shop with the people producing the items or providing the service, mass production is a dying way of life in these sorts of ventures. JIT manufacturing is becoming a thing of the past, though I'm sure Henry Ford is rolling in his grave over it.

I know down our way there is a big push for the "buy local" type movement. If anything, the explosion of microbreweries here have shown that. The era of corporate chains seem to be starting to draw to a close, talk to people of the millennial or gen-z generations and you'll find that they would much rather support the little guy who is pouring his soul into his work vs someone who is only out for cash. I mean hell, just Google "millennials killed the" and you'll find hundreds of articles about the industries we've supposedly destroyed. Grassroots is en vogue, and people much rather be able to know where the products they are consuming come from (e.g. the farm to table movement) than to support big businesses. They want to be able to talk shop with the people producing the items or providing the service, mass production is a dying way of life in these sorts of ventures. JIT manufacturing is becoming a thing of the past, though I'm sure Henry Ford is rolling in his grave over it.
Destroying corporate while drinking Starbucks and snapgram’n on their iPhone. Got it. Who knew it was so easy.

Destroying corporate while drinking Starbucks and snapgram’n on their iPhone. Got it. Who knew it was so easy.
I mean if you say so? Not sure about where you are but around here most young people generally avoid chain coffee shops like the plague. Unfortunately technology is a necessity these days, so until there is an ethically sourced, US made option for cell phones and other various tech I'm not sure what else we are supposed to do. Clearly if you don't have any locally owned businesses to chose from for say coffee, you're going to have to go with your best available option. At least Starbucks pays decent and provides benefits, and ethically sources their coffee. I won't spend my money there, but that's because we have better options here, and also I'm not looking to drink over roasted bitter ass coffee. :rofl:

Plus my husband makes some ridiculously good French press coffee, lmao. But the same applies to beer, people would much rather go to a local brewery to drink or buy their beer. Next best option would be a gastropub that serves beer from various craft micro breweries, or buying local packaged beer from the grocery store. The only people I still see buying mass produced beer are my parents' age.

Point being, you can't beat mass production/corporations at their own game. Its not feasible. To earn your cut of the market share in these sorts of things you have to accentuate what you *do* have, which is a small scale, hand grown product that you take pride in. I have a hard time believing that employees of large commercial grow ops as a whole care as much about the plants they're growing as we do. *That* is the difference, and *that* is where you break in to the market.

Back