New Grower Updates and Question to My Dutch Passion Super Skunk Grow

Your response and the manner it was given is greatly appreciated ,not all discussions have to turn in to arguments and I'm not trying to "push"
My views an anyone,just trying to clear some of the smoke that the nute companies feed us,,this is a great discussion and it is best that people look for as much info from as many different places a s possible to make an educated decision for threir situation,, :slap: For your knowledge and for sharing with the community..

Thanks for the slapper Bro !

Oh, I agree with you on the whole advertising aspect, but I was trying to get people to think about what's actually in these accumulator plants.

They are planted over toxic waste sites for a reason....

But that's also why I always encourage everyone to do their own research and think for themselves.

I really get a kick out of some of the "advertised" organic products myself. If people only knew the actual percentage.....

Unless you make it yourself or have it analyzed it's best to assume the majority is not, as I'm sure you already know.

I really love the ones who use all the fish and shell fish byproducts and kelp. Ask any of them about lab analysis and they seem to avoid answering that and go straight into touting how they are "certified organic"

It's like they think no one is smart enough to know that the byproducts are made from the bottom of the barrel waste, not from food grade. (And even the food grade has mercury)

Have you seen they now sell a handheld heavy metals tester / scanner for weed ?

You can get a quickie reading right through the bag !

Thanks for the slapper Bro !

Oh, I agree with you on the whole advertising aspect, but I was trying to get people to think about what's actually in these accumulator plants.

They are planted over toxic waste sites for a reason....

But that's also why I always encourage everyone to do their own research and think for themselves.

I really get a kick out of some of the "advertised" organic products myself. If people only knew the actual percentage.....

Unless you make it yourself or have it analyzed it's best to assume the majority is not, as I'm sure you already know.

I really love the ones who use all the fish and shell fish byproducts and kelp. Ask any of them about lab analysis and they seem to avoid answering that and go straight into touting how they are "certified organic"

It's like they think no one is smart enough to know that the byproducts are made from the bottom of the barrel waste, not from food grade. (And even the food grade has mercury)

Have you seen they now sell a handheld heavy metals tester / scanner for weed ?

You can get a quickie reading right through the bag !
Awe man Hash ,I just got a free sample of FF kelp product from the grow store yesterday,I've never used fish products or crab or kelp( really seen no need for them) but that still doesn't mean my products are totally safe and free of other "nastiness"...going back to something I said my previous post about nutrient profiling,this is not a theory,this is proven scientific fact and coincides with the Lucas Formula.. Both are a quick read but will open people's eyes as to how much the plants DONT need,deficiencies are usually easier to fix than lockouts and toxicities.I try as much as possible to use a minimalist K.I.S.S. approach since any other way is not only wasted money but risks your plants health and yours ..Peace brothers and sisters...

"although I already cut almost a third of my first plant in bud samples."

The number is growing fast dude!!!!...............:cheers: You gots to get to growing so you have back-up. I should shut-up, I think you are aware of my 3-week early falling a few months back.....:baghead:
No, I missed that. Sorry to hear! :)

And that's the plan, to have enough so I never need to rush. My Broken is showing me how much I benefit from waiting. I get a sample bud and leave her flushing. When I come back, she shows me I was right just taking a sample instead of harvesting the whole plant because she looks more and more ripe each time I see her.

"although I already cut almost a third of my first plant in bud samples."

The number is growing fast dude!!!!...............:cheers: You gots to get to growing so you have back-up. I should shut-up, I think you are aware of my 3-week early falling a few months back.....:baghead:
Oops... that was supped to be:

"Sorry to hear... :("

I've used canna flush.

Stuck it in the res for a day or so ,dumped it out and then plain water for 4 or 5 days.

You could see the salts the canna flush had grabbed out, floating on top of the res.

I reckon it cuts the flush time down by 3 or 4 days.

I

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
I'll try the one I have when I start flushing Skunkie in a few days, but at some point, I want to grow two of the same plant and try different methods/products to see what I like best. :)

Do you mean start cleansing when leaves go yellow, i.e. dying ? Do you continue with nutes until the leaves dies off?
The first plant have only 2 crisp 5-leaves (I dont know what the correct names of different leaves) and 3-leaves on buds.

Lot of questions...
Here's my understanding of leaves:

Fan leaves - larger ones with no trichs, they collect light for the plant.

Sugar leaves - little leaves on buds that get covered in trichs, hence the name

Just a simple discussion amongst friends, it's all good.

I think more about getting rid of the dangerous contaminates myself, I don't focus on just the nutes. But once heat is introduced they can come into play as well.

I mentioned a while back in another thread that everyone should think back to their intro to chemistry 101 class and remember what can happen when you apply heat to a compound.... it can then produce other compounds.

So even some of the basic building blocks required by this plant give off hazardous compounds when heat is introduced into the equation.

Since I use it for meds I want to reduce that possibility as much as I can myself.

To start any research on this is as simple as googling : cannabis heavy metals

I try to combine flushing with the yellow leaf method myself. A perfect flush for me is getting rid of as much excess stored nutes and as much contaminates as possible while the plant uses up what it needs and eats itself from the bottom up just as it does in nature.

Warning... old guy speach ahead....:smoking:

I grew up in a time when I could drink straight from most rivers and streams and lakes.

Before it was unsafe for kids and pregnant women to eat too much fish due to contaminates and mercury.

I laughed when bottled water first started being sold as I thought no one would ever be dumb enough to pay for a 16 oz bottle of water.... and now I won't even let my dogs drink tap water.

There is so much crap in everything around us anymore that I myself just choose to eliminate as much of it as I can from my meds.

Commercial growers in several states are now learning just how hard that can be. MA for example has not had many that have been able too pass the mercury tests.

People there complain that it's just the government setting the requirements too tight to hinder the industry and that a can of tuna has mercury in it.

What some don't understand is the difference required for ingestion (PPM) and why inhalants need to be measured at PPB.

Contaminates in cannabis are something I would encourage any grower to do some research on.

:smokeout:
Ok, that's it! If I ever create a new band, it'll be called "Cannabis Heavy Metals"! ROFL [emoji12] [emoji16] [emoji28]

Your response and the manner it was given is greatly appreciated ,not all discussions have to turn in to arguments and I'm not trying to "push"
My views on anyone,just trying to clear some of the smoke that the nute companies feed us,,this is a great discussion and it is best that people look for as much info from as many different places as possible to make an educated decision for their situation,, :slap: For your knowledge and for sharing with the community..
Discussions are an important way to share and question knowledge. Civilized individuals who aren't insecure should be able to express, and also question, their knowledge during intelligent discussions, without feeling the need to defend themselves because they're not being attacked to begin with.

That's what makes this forum so amazing, lots of intelligent and interesting people who share a passion and gather here to explore and enjoy it together.

You guys are awesome!

[emoji106] [emoji122] [emoji178]

Last edited:
Back