New Grower Updates and Question to My Dutch Passion Super Skunk Grow

Here's my understanding of leaves:

Fan leaves - larger ones with no trichs, they collect light for the plant.

Sugar leaves - little leaves on buds that get covered in trichs, hence the name

And among the fan leaves, there are those with 3 and 5 "fingers"...

Discussions are an important way to share and question knowledge. Civilized individuals who aren't insecure should be able to express, and also question, their knowledge during intelligence discussions, without feeling the need to defend themselves because they're not being attacked to begin with.

That's what makes this forum so amazing, lots of intelligent and interesting people who share a passion and gather here to explore and enjoy it together.

You guys are awesome!

[emoji106] [emoji122] [emoji178]
Could not agree more!

And what a load of great info and well constructed arguments.

Discussions are an important way to share and question knowledge. Civilized individuals who aren't insecure should be able to express, and also question, their knowledge during intelligence discussions, without feeling the need to defend themselves because they're not being attacked to begin with.

That's what makes this forum so amazing, lots of intelligent and interesting people who share a passion and gather here to explore and enjoy it together.

You guys are awesome!

[emoji106] [emoji122] [emoji178]
Agreed !!

Fan leaves do collect light. However, I believe their primary role is stomach/fat....they store nutes.....This is why I have no issue with aggressive defoliation...Your gals are already getting the best light they could ask for with no cloudy days and I feed them just what the Doctor ordered. Inline with the current theme of this thread, Do we keep them there so we can flush them? Guess what, there is never going to be a drought in my tent or a nutrient shortage in my medium. The fan leaves sit on the bench and the coach never has a chanced to put them in the game. They do cheer (grab light).

Sugar leaves collect sunlight as well & help catch pollen.

And among the fan leaves, there are those with 3 and 5 "fingers"...

I have a plant with nine point fan leaves... This varies from strain to strain and plant to plant....I believe the more tips can be a sign of good health?? (anyone?)

I also have a pathetic free seed plant that sported a few RARE one point fan leaves......PATHETIC....

Awe man Hash ,I just got a free sample of FF kelp product from the grow store yesterday,I've never used fish products or crab or kelp( really seen no need for them) but that still doesn't mean my products are totally safe and free of other "nastiness"...going back to something I said my previous post about nutrient profiling,this is not a theory,this is proven scientific fact and coincides with the Lucas Formula.. Both are a quick read but will open people's eyes as to how much the plants DONT need,deficiencies are usually easier to fix than lockouts and toxicities.I try as much as possible to use a minimalist K.I.S.S. approach since any other way is not only wasted money but risks your plants health and yours ..Peace brothers and sisters...

Oh I agree. I have done amazing grows where I only added one homemade tea from start to finish, K.I.S.S. should be the first thing a good grower should realize.

Free kelp eh ? .....

Well you just gave yourself a reason to start flushing !

(I just couldn't resist that one)

:crying::crying::cheers::crying::crying:

And.... they all supply the energy to complete the life cycle !

That's why they eat themselves from the bottom up to finish.

:pass:

Back