Mephisto Genetics UPDATED Seed starting advice in real time with slowandeasy

@slowandeasy on page 2 you mention you are feeding full strength nutes after a week. I am assuming you mean full strength for the seedling stage? Somewhere like 400-500ppm?

Full strength Veg nutes. 1.2EC. not diluted at all. I feed them that during the first week and they flourish. Small amounts, more frequent is better than a soak. Especially in Coco. Btw, bottom feeding my cups is how I get my roots to explode during the first week. Top feeding will not give the roots a reason to grow downwards as the roots seek moisture. Plus a majority of people will overwater via top feeding during the first week. Feel the cups. Look at the moisture in the cup...that's the point of using clear cups. Let the Coco wick up the nutes, it should suck it up rather quickly from the feeder cup. If it doesn't wick it up almost instantly, wait longer or use less. Peace, slow

Last edited:
From my personal experience im touching seeds only in bare hands, never gloves. In last 3 years i germinated about 200 seeds. Failed about 6 and it was not becauase my hands were dirty or so but becauase i just got bad gene in seed( i know people can argue and say- how do you know it was bad gene in seed not your hands- you cant scan seed inside to know what caused fail in germination- so i will leave it as it is and i believe it wasnt because of touching by bare hands). So for me and looking from my point of view gloves are not necessary. But i m always using bare hands becauase when i can see that seedling cant take off shield itself - im helping nature with hands and tweezers and never had issue with this method. Im not saying follow me and others are wrong but my point is as we can see you do not need wear gloves "to protect your plants" . So in my case i m not lazy becauase when i have gloves on i dont feel a "touch "in gloves as same as by bare hands. Just wanted to add my 2 pennies. Cheers

Aiding a shell off the seedling is not the same concept, the seed is already germinated. I could care less about weather other people use gloves or not. I have said it multiple times, touching seeds is not the point of this thread. I don't care what others do or believe in. How about someone else starts a thread on seed starting. Let's have a race. I can 100% guarantee that I will win and my plants will be a week ahead in growth.

I'm a nobody here but I really don't get it! Slowandeasy is nice enough to share his method and experiences. I took what I can and gave nothing back in return.

The glove part is such a small part of his guide. Why focus on that? I'd focus on his success rate and decades of experience. Even if there is something we feel strongly about, im sure we can discuss it like we do with other stuff.

Chill out all! I for one am grateful to anyone taking the time of day to help out others! Especially if I belong to those who can benefit...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a nobody here but I really don't get it! Slowandeasy is nice enough to share his method and experiences. I took what I can and gave nothing back in return.

The glove part is such a small part of his guide. Why focus on that? I'd focus on his success rate and decades of experience. Even if there is something we feel strongly about, im sure we can discuss it like we do with other stuff.

Chill out all! I for one am grateful to anyone taking the time of day to help out others! Especially if I belong to those who can benefit...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'm just trying to share my personal method. I am not here to debate glove vs no glove. And I am really confused at why others are focusing on that. Instead of having 100% seeds above ground with shells off in 2 days.

I am thrilled that he shared this info. I have asked him his routine numerous times. His plants at 10 days are usually the same size of mine at 28 days. He is clearly doing something right and I have been making some rookie mistakes. Now I have an idea what I can do to have better results as soon as I plant my seeds.

I am thrilled that he shared this info. I have asked him his routine numerous times. His plants at 10 days are usually the same size of mine at 28 days. He is clearly doing something right and I have been making some rookie mistakes. Now I have an idea what I can do to have better results as soon as I plant my seeds.
Hey if you try this method of germinating can you post back in this ride with your results?

Sent using Tapatalk

Slow and Easy, Thanks for the great seed starting technique, I just started my 2nd auto crop beans on Tuesday wish I would have caught this thread earlier. I will most definitely try on third, I grew photos in coco for past ten years and always use large tweezers to plant seeds. Firm believer in clean kitchen- clean food. Dirty Kitchen dirty food. Cheers Chef

I hope you don't mind Slow. But you give so much to others, wanted to give you something back. Just a couple of things you might want to add to your germ game. And this is just a joke bro. Having a laugh.

First off, I'd be worried about someone kidnapping your beans when germinating. So that is why I have a wifi security camera pointed at the germ station, so I can watch over them 24x7!
I also like to over do it with temp and humidity. My preferred setup is to have 2 hygrometers. One inside the tray dome, one outside. And I have a laser point and shoot thermometer to check the temperature of the medium (you coco, me rapid rooters) as well.
I also take a deep breath and exhale in to the dome once per day to give them a boost of CO2.

Well, that's all my friend. One more thing. I have 5.5 out of 6 germinated now using the plugs.

20180422_170500.jpg

Back