Inkbirds, they have a selection of gadgets - I use one for humidity which starts the Dehumidifier or humidifier, and one on the radiator and AC - when electricity does not entail the sale of a kidney they work perfectly keeping everything within the parameters defined...bloody cost of leccy ruin my fun :crying:
I've got a dehumidifier in the tent but when the humidity rises and the dehuey kicks in, it creates more heat in the tent. I don't like to see it hit 30º in there so back and fourth I go lol.

I've got a dehumidifier in the tent but when the humidity rises and the dehuey kicks in, it creates more heat in the tent. I don't like to see it hit 30º in there so back and fourth I go lol.
I've got solar too but I don't think I can physically fit AC in there with everything else! I running in stealth mode too...

True story mate, the struggles for us growers that can't run with an AC, I guess most of us have had those days, always a battle to think what is best for the ladies...

Another idea is to use suitable genetics that can withstand those moments you have both high temperatures and high humidity or even higher temperatures with normal/low humidity during summer grows, and the opposite when doing winter grows with low temps and possibly low humidity/medium humidity.
Cold and high humidity is killing for almost any cultivar, but then your broke ass just needs to buy a dehumidifier :crying:

Last edited:
I've got solar too but I don't think I can physically fit AC in there with everything else! I running in stealth mode too...
All those things are horribly noisy - I built a lung room in the garage which houses the tent, I control the temps and RH in the lung room which controls the air going in the tent and makes the tent easier to manage - but without the lung room it would sound like I had a truck running in my garden

Solar, thats the way forwards :cheers:

What AC unit do you run?, ideally some solar panels and part of a Tesla battery would be nice, to have zero elecy costs..
its just a 10ltr jobby from the big river site... it does the job, but alongside a dehumidifier, a humidifier, it just costs too much to run as is for only four plants. I will get solar for sure but I am just waiting to move house

That's exactly why I have stayed away from any AC in the shed because of the noise. Like Antoni says, having cultivars that can cope has helped me out. I tend to run my dehuey at 50% in flower which is a compromise but when I start cranking it down to 40 and open my bedroom window on a calm night I can hear the fan whining. Ideally a removable panel to vent to the outside would be nice but cutting circular holes in heavy duty metal panels draws to much attention for me.

Inkbirds, they have a selection of gadgets - I use one for humidity which starts the Dehumidifier or humidifier, and one on the radiator and AC - when electricity does not entail the sale of a kidney they work perfectly keeping everything within the parameters defined...bloody cost of leccy ruin my fun :crying:
It's awful m8 init.. I actually turned one of my 2 lights of when this reeker was vegging to save a couple quid lol it was the only plant in the tent and it was eating me having 2 lights burning o er it when it didn't even have flowers at that's stage. 2nd light went on again when she started to flower.. and I'll may do the same here for a couple weeks when the reeker comes down. Cost of living still seems to be rising weekly.. its depressing!

It's awful m8 init.. I actually turned one of my 2 lights of when this reeker was vegging to save a couple quid lol it was the only plant in the tent and it was eating me having 2 lights burning o er it when it didn't even have flowers at that's stage. 2nd light went on again when she started to flower.. and I'll may do the same here for a couple weeks when the reeker comes down. Cost of living still seems to be rising weekly.. its depressing!
it has become obscene - I have had to cut back on the gadgetry which increases the manual effort and I am not as efficient as a gadget, once I chop this tent down in a week or so I am done until the Autumn, I am now officially a fair weather diver and a cold weather grower :crying:

All those things are horribly noisy - I built a lung room in the garage which houses the tent, I control the temps and RH in the lung room which controls the air going in the tent and makes the tent easier to manage - but without the lung room it would sound like I had a truck running in my garden

Solar, thats the way forwards :cheers:
Yep, that's what I run too, works pretty well! I've got a dehumidifier that sucks air out of the tent and into the small room that houses the tent. The dry air then gets sucked back into the tent through the open vents. It took me a lot of trial and error to get this working well and I usually find the tent runs about 5% higher humidity than the dehumidifier is set to. I like to keep a beady eye on the VPD so for the first week or two I like to run at close to 70% then down to about 60% for most of the grow. 50% for the last few weeks. So far so good. This is a very useful VPD chart where you can enter your variables: https://vpdchart.com/#C,47,29,25.5,0
I kinda avoid the need for AC by switching stuff off when it's too hot. If you keep an eye on your DLI then you can still pretty much give them all the photons they need. All this is a lot of fucking about but that's one thing us UK prohibition growers are good at, fucking about! Anything for quality buds!

Yep, that's what I run too, works pretty well! I've got a dehumidifier that sucks air out of the tent and into the small room that houses the tent. The dry air then gets sucked back into the tent through the open vents. It took me a lot of trial and error to get this working well and I usually find the tent runs about 5% higher humidity than the dehumidifier is set to. I like to keep a beady eye on the VPD so for the first week or two I like to run at close to 70% then down to about 60% for most of the grow. 50% for the last few weeks. So far so good. This is a very useful VPD chart where you can enter your variables: https://vpdchart.com/#C,47,29,25.5,0
I kinda avoid the need for AC by switching stuff off when it's too hot. If you keep an eye on your DLI then you can still pretty much give them all the photons they need. All this is a lot of fucking about but that's one thing us UK prohibition growers are good at, fucking about! Anything for quality buds!
Very true, I have recognisable credentials in fucking about :crying:

Back