And that can only be a good thing...

I grow in 11 litre pots, does the larger volume add time? I'm also looking at self watering pots as I can't start another grow till mid August due to a holiday, would they keep a plant going for 2 weeks?
The term self-watering I suppose is a little disingenuous.

The pots are 19 litres (correction 16litres) but split into two sections a reservoir holding 3litres of water and the top part holding 16 litres of medium. The design enables large root structure by giving access to nutrients if and when required by the plant. The pots are expensive at £50 a punt but they grow big specimens, you'll only get 2 days max between watering. A plant in full bloom will drink the entire reservoir a day. I've found bottom feeding helps keep the top layer dry which deters the f****** bugs to.

Last edited:

The pots are 19 litres but split into two sections a reservoir holding 3litres of water and the top part holding 16 litres of medium. The design enables large root structure by giving access to nutrients if and when required by the plant. The pots are expensive at £50 a punt but they grow big specimens, you'll only get 2 days max between watering. A plant in full bloom will drink the entire reservoir a day. I've found bottom feeding helps keep the top layer dry which deters the f****** bugs to
Cheers dude, they sound great, I'll give them a look. :toke:

The pots are 19 litres but split into two sections a reservoir holding 3litres of water and the top part holding 16 litres of medium. The design enables large root structure by giving access to nutrients if and when required by the plant. The pots are expensive at £50 a punt but they grow big specimens, you'll only get 2 days max between watering. A plant in full bloom will drink the entire reservoir a day. I've found bottom feeding helps keep the top layer dry which deters the f****** bugs to.
What’s pots are these then man?

What’s pots are these then man?
Lechuza planters, I thought mine were 19litre but they're only 16litre, that's a better result than I thought, ref yield ratio. Mine are the Cube 30. I take the posh exterior pot away and give that to the mrs and just use the container.

Lechuza planters, I thought mine were 19litre but they're only 16litre, that's a better result than I thought, ref yield ratio. Mine are the Cube 30. I take the posh exterior pot away and give that to the mrs and just use the container.

I see. It’s like a one pot auto pot without the res then?

I see. It’s like a one pot auto pot without the res then?
Exactly, each pot has its own water res which is all encased. There's a dwg on the specs page on that link that shows how it works. I've had 6 runs from them now and nothing under 5z dry weight out of 13 litres of soil. I use Vermiculite at the bottom then a thin layer of perlite. All the root balls have been nice and white, it's virtually imposable to over water once you get to fill the res beginning of week two.

Last edited:
Exactly, each pot has its own water res which is all encased. There's a dwg on the specs page on that link that shows how it works. I've had 6 runs from them now and nothing under 5z dry weight out of 13 litres of soil. I use Vermiculite at the bottom then a thin layer of perlite. All the root balls have been nice and white, it's virtually imposable to over water once you get to fill the res beginning of week two.

Interesting…. I’m attempting for a one plant - one kilo grow soon. I’ll bear this in mind

Back