what size tent have you got its always going to be a bit of a fucker this time of year for us in the UK
It's a 2x4 with a 4" extractor and filter, I needed to add bars on the tent sides to stop them getting sucked in. The filter is 18mths old so I'm hoping that's the issue. It's not super stinky just yet but enough that it needs addressing.

It's a 2x4 with a 4" extractor and filter, I needed to add bars on the tent sides to stop them getting sucked in. The filter is 18mths old so I'm hoping that's the issue. It's not super stinky just yet but enough that it needs addressing.
id say that's your filter going I know the rhino pros can last 2 years plus also I bought a mountain air you can get 3 years from them I believe but the cost goes up longer they last

id say that's your filter going I know the rhino pros can last 2 years plus also I bought a mountain air you can get 3 years from them I believe but the cost goes up longer they last
I concur ref filter, mines a basic Rhino and I knew it would go soon.... I liked the mountain airs, 3yrs running Nrth Americas fav :jointman: but couldn't find any, went with the Carbo-air which should be here any day now along with lights and soil ready for the DP grow and show. Thanks again for sorting that out:bighug:, I'm really going to give that grow everyhting:vibes:

I concur ref filter, mines a basic Rhino and I knew it would go soon.... I liked the mountain airs, 3yrs running Nrth Americas fav :jointman: but couldn't find any, went with the Carbo-air which should be here any day now along with lights and soil ready for the DP grow and show. Thanks again for sorting that out:bighug:, I'm really going to give that grow everyhting:vibes:
it's a great opportunity my bro and it should save you a few quid on buying seeds and stay safe bro and speak again soon

@DeanOnAuto - I had smell escaping my tent, I thought my brand new filter was faulty or just terrible. Turns out it was mostly from unsealed vents and ports on the tent itself. If you're happy with the way it runs currently, I would advise taping shut all the vents, openings, and "cord sock" areas with the pull strings. The stitching is quite loose around those areas. Pay special attention to any vents that are closed with velcro.

I used aluminum foil duct tape on the inside as its shiny and I don't know if you can find it there but I had really good luck with Gorilla Waterproof Patch and Seal tape on the outside.

I also built a large 5 gallon bucket scrubber to vent the exhaust through. Bought some carbon granules, drilled a ton of holes, wrapped and ziptied furnace filters around the outside. 0 smell now unless I unzip during flower. A bit overkill with it all but after my first one started flowering I was sure I would be caught. Now, it's pretty good.

See if you can find these also. I hung a few around the, ah, storage areas. Put em outside on a bright summer day to recharge them.

@DeanOnAuto - I had smell escaping my tent, I thought my brand new filter was faulty or just terrible. Turns out it was mostly from unsealed vents and ports on the tent itself. If you're happy with the way it runs currently, I would advise taping shut all the vents, openings, and "cord sock" areas with the pull strings. The stitching is quite loose around those areas. Pay special attention to any vents that are closed with velcro.

I used aluminum foil duct tape on the inside as its shiny and I don't know if you can find it there but I had really good luck with Gorilla Waterproof Patch and Seal tape on the outside.

I also built a large 5 gallon bucket scrubber to vent the exhaust through. Bought some carbon granules, drilled a ton of holes, wrapped and ziptied furnace filters around the outside. 0 smell now unless I unzip during flower. A bit overkill with it all but after my first one started flowering I was sure I would be caught. Now, it's pretty good.

See if you can find these also. I hung a few around the, ah, storage areas. Put em outside on a bright summer day to recharge them.

I was running fine until this sun appeared over the weekend gone ;) I'm going to switch out the Carbon filter in any case and tape those vents up etc, which I think is a great idea. :toke: I'm off to Bees and Q's later, to see if I can find anything to make an external scrubber with, until that CarboAir turns up:jointman:

Have you got a variable speed plug mate that's a pretty powerful exhaust could get away with turning it down a little if you're having low humidity then you wouldn't need the reinforced bars due to the negative pressure in your Tent?
Just a thought. The Ona block is in the public stairway working wonders.
Going to get the Neutraliser you've mentioned too @St. Tom before my tangie and strawberry pie too start stinking.
Thanks for the tip will put it outside the room though for sure.
Happy Growing Gang
Everyday Growing is a Day Learning

Here's a picture of the Strawberry Pie on the chopping board
92g of absolute fire.
Happy grower here.

20210530_103831.jpg

Luckily I've a new carbon filter arriving ;) I had a visit to the garden and in this heat, I could smell flower. I might have to get some additional scrubbing to help out. @St. Tom would putting that neutralizer in there risk tainting/absorbing my buds aroma if left in there to long?
I put an ona tub on top of my tent for a few days once ..... Don't do it :crying: honest it was bad even the carpet under the tent stank of it for months . I had use Dettol and ipa to wash the whole tent and all my gear I'll get a pic of the filter cover after it even that had a tint of colour on it . Deffo powerful stuff like . I was all ways told after that by ppl else were to put the block or tub inside your filter or venting never had the guts to try it tho ?

It's definitely an impressive piece of kit but I'm not about that Ona Haze or Ona Kush or even Ona Dawg for that matter so gonna pull my finger out and install my carbon filter now I have more space to work with.
20210529_152121.jpg

The Tower Fan I've got is awesome. Keeping the tent at 24 degrees and between 45 & 65% Humidity will do nicely. Have to tweak again once the Carbon filter goes in but the ladies are loving not feeling like ravers in a low ceiling rave with sweat dripping off the walls.
Enjoy the freedom while you can ladies I'm going to be trying my first double Potter this week.
Not sure what strain yet but it's go hard or go home time.

Happy Growing Gang

Have you got a variable speed plug mate that's a pretty powerful exhaust could get away with turning it down a little if you're having low humidity then you wouldn't need the reinforced bars due to the negative pressure in your Tent?
Just a thought. The Ona block is in the public stairway working wonders.
Going to get the Neutraliser you've mentioned too @St. Tom before my tangie and strawberry pie too start stinking.
Thanks for the tip will put it outside the room though for sure.
Happy Growing Gang

Here's a picture of the Strawberry Pie on the chopping board
92g of absolute fire.
Happy grower here.

View attachment 1324633
Yep that strawberry pie is a stinker double carbon filter job but she's worth it still need to grow this again. Chuck me a nugget of your tray buddy looks banging..

Back