i think your doing a stellar job working with what you have also when i used to grow with hps i had a dimmable ballast and a cool tube and it made so much difference in the summer months also regarding the cfl i always found them great for early veg
I'm with Tom on cool tubes etc, my hps bangs em out but I still want it out of the tent to balance the temps across the tent... Check that the 600w hps bulb is OK to be dimmed.. I was under the impression that if you swap it down to 400w you need to put a 400w bulb in it as the bulbs are designed to run at the designated level... I may be out of date with this though... I ran 30 600 w lamps for a while about 25 years ago... But lots has changed and I got old and forgetful lol
Your plants are looking bloody good though @THE BEAR :vibes: :d5:

I'm with Tom on cool tubes etc, my hps bangs em out but I still want it out of the tent to balance the temps across the tent... Check that the 600w hps bulb is OK to be dimmed.. I was under the impression that if you swap it down to 400w you need to put a 400w bulb in it as the bulbs are designed to run at the designated level... I may be out of date with this though... I ran 30 600 w lamps for a while about 25 years ago... But lots has changed and I got old and forgetful lol
I used to dim my 600w all the time and you don't need to swap bulbs

I used to dim my 600w all the time and you don't need to swap bulbs
Yeah it's the other way round, :baked: I had a moment of lucidity after I posted and realised it was arse about face... Don't turn a 400 up to 600 is what I meant.... But couldnt be arsed to correct myself :rofl:

Yeah it's the other way round, :baked: I had a moment of lucidity after I posted and realised it was arse about face... Don't turn a 400 up to 600 is what I meant.... But couldnt be arsed to correct myself :rofl:
your correct bro and as i said in the warmer months in my 4x4 tent a cooltube was the only way to grow

hi uk growers starting some new stuff today we got seedstockers gorilla glue and gelato 41, rocbudinc the fringe alien cookies x Rockberry , jean-os genetics straw dog, and mephisto genetics northern cheese haze. Bit of a variety and trying new stuff out.
20210415_162348.jpg
20210415_162319.jpg
20210415_161746.jpg
20210415_161659.jpg
20210415_161635.jpg
20210415_161616.jpg

i think your doing a stellar job working with what you have also when i used to grow with hps i had a dimmable ballast and a cool tube and it made so much difference in the summer months also regarding the cfl i always found them great for early veg
The ballast I'm getting is dimmable and I can attach
Thanks mate, the ballast that's coming is dimmable and I'm using a 600w duel spec,
Must look at these cool tubes that you and @St. Tom speak off. I could possibly attach a pc fan to the back of the shade sucking the heat away and towards the extractor and carbon filter,
I'm thinking I may start the new ones under the hps, should I dim the light abit, and keep seedlings at a safe distance,

Cheers @St. Tom yeah they love big blue in early veg, but they deffs want something better now, ballast delivery never came today so it's just a waiing game now,

But on the upside, I've got everything ready for the solo grow except the seeds but they will probly come shortly and I'm ready to rock and roll, :headbang:

Back