hi Maria :pass:my first thought was,we playing battleships ? then was ahh X marks the spot.
then i started reading and it all became clear,sounds/looks like a good plan.not that id know as i know diddly bout the outdoors,and not a lot more about indoors.
does the river see much action ? you any good at climbing trees ? no dont be silly.
have heard of leaving some loose change near the scene,chances are if it has visitors.....find a penny pick a penny.but maybe thats as old as the hills and its shows my lack of sense spose.
anyways good luck as allways.
:pighug:

Almost no action at the river at all, apart from a lot of birds and fish, and at some places (though not here) some lazy fishermen chilling out.
I am good at climbing trees, but the ones here aren't that tall, and wouldn't want to draw attention to myself. Would attract a lot of attention here.
Cos lots of other people on the walking / cycling road, day and night.
Right nearby is a garden, which will prob have gardener come a couple of times a week.
But that's about 20m away.
Last grow I did a couple on an abandoned mountain garden, had 8 plants in two areas.
But half way in, the gardeners cleared out one side, and mowed down 3 plants...
Still got the other few.
I think this area is better, because doesn't seem that my area has been used for several years.
Soil much better here, weather much better, drier and less rain, a bit more sun.
It's winter, but around here, usual temps are around 16-24C this month, with colder snaps.

Those on the window sill all looking nice after the topping.
Some little laterals starting to poke their way out.
Will wait a bit before I take off the first node laterals...
Weather was ok, a bit of sun, but got cloudier, and then a drop of rain.
Rain forecast for the next couple of days.
But those on the balcony are sheltered from the rain.

Got my little DWC box set up today with some nicely sprouted rocket, kale and lettuce.
Should have the cheap Chinese COB light in the mail within a week.
Some other herbs may just make their way under the light... ;-)

Raining and cloudy, low sunlight, though as mentioned before the herbs are sheltered from the direct rain.

Things are getting close now, will you show photos of your DWC/COB setup? The description of the plant places made happy and i'm sure you choosed it right on!

I will get some photos up soon. Smashed my phone up and it's getting fixed right now.

It is just a small box, about 50cm x 30cm, but with 27 plant holes.
Sprouted the seeds for a couple of days in water before sprouts in the sponge nets today.

So, exactly 7 days after I dropped the first round in the water...
In a sudden moment, I dropped another
8 auto - one each of the original 8 strains of autos.
8 photo - all Safari Indica X.

I'm going to reseed each pot with 2 autos again, and 1 photo.
And the other 8 photos are going into a new 1L pot of their own.

I figure no use having a bunch of seeds and now planting them.
The more in the pot, the more choice I can have.
More chance one of them will make it through to the harvest.

So, just down to seed stash of 3 autos - the Sweet Seeds strains, cos originally bought 3+1 seeds each.
The Fast Buds, Mazar and Blue Amnesia all used up.
Only one seed looked rather week, a Fast Buds Green Crack.
Out of all the original batch of seeds bought, the only one that looked slightly weak.
I figure it's still quite viable, and will probably crack at least.

Now more seeds on the go....
I've found if you want big plants from your fems, plant several seed and grow forward with the most vig/biggest one

Day / Week whatever...

With a bit more sun, the older ones are doing much better, though still very small.
I think that the taller ones are mainly the Safaris, and the Indica/Afghani pheno at that.
The smaller ones are prob some of the autos, which are ... surviving.

Pots 1-2
View attachment 843960

Pots 3-4
View attachment 843961
the tall reg sprouts will probably be males, high % anyway
All pots looking from 1 to 4.
View attachment 843959

So, looks like we have 3 fairly healthy but small Mandala Safari indica-afghani pheno F1,
they are just now putting out their 4th node of true leaves, but still on 3 or 5 pointers...
and possibly a better auto in Pot 3, which would be either Jack 47 or Green Crack.
But a total of 12 living plants total...

Problem: the little ones are very small still,
but the bigger ones are getting too big for security on the window.
But they're all together in the same pots. So, do I ...
Just put them all outside in the guerilla garden (as yet not prepared...)
Or, top the larger Safaris, and wait another week or too
(though no guarantee the autos are really going to get much bigger).

?

Any thoughts?
I'm thinking the tallest lankiest regs have a high % of male

Last edited:
Back