Update.......................

Last night I topped the four larger plants, 2 each in pot 2 and pot 3.
Today the sun was shining, and they're looking pretty happy.

I have been checking out the plant out sites lately, too.
The nearest sites are too ... busy. Those gardens are regularly worked by the locals.
My earlier idea, however, which is about 20 min walk / 10 min bike ride away, is better.
There is a great area next to some gardens, that is sheltered from the river by larger trees,
and also sheltered from the path / recreational area by some smaller but still helpful reeds.
I think that this area has been worked / gardened in the past,
as there is a fair amount of wild local sweet potato growing there.
But hasn't been worked for at least a year or so, at a guess.
The soil quality is really quite nice, deep rich brown.
Part is that it's the broader flood plain of the river, and also that it's been worked before.
The soil is much, much, much better than my last guerilla grow on the mountain side.
Still a possibility that it's going to have some gardener prep it up for spring.
But I doubt it. And better than the nearby garden areas, which are obviously very busy.
Also, this site has full sun exposure, except maybe the last 30 minutes at dusk.
Surrounding vegetation is a range of wild weeds / grasses / wild veges, about max of 1' tall, but sparse.

So... tomorrow night, around dusk, I'm going to go in and dig some holes for my babies.
Will drop in two things: local brand chicken shit fertilizer, and crushed egg shells.
The chicken fertilizer is high P and K (IIRC), though the pH is high at 8...
I've been saving egg shells for months now, and have a full jar, which I shall grind up to use.
Though... I'm wondering if either or both of these will attract dogs and other local critters.
Last thing I need is a local dog digging up the newly transplanted babies...
Any thoughts on this last point?

I'll then water the sites down, and maybe transplant out in a week...

Love and hugs,
MJS
:love:

Last night was back to canna-ninja mode for me.
All dressed in black, backpack full with hand trowel, chicken poop and eggshells.
Went in just after dark, around dinner time, less people around.
The area has good cover. It looks something like this:

===========================================
=========================================== River area
***************************************************************** row of trees at river edge, about 5m = 15' wide
...........................................................................................
.................................X........................................................ Low grass / garden area, about 10m = 30' wide
...............................................X..............X..........................
......*******.........************..********......*********....*****...... Patchy barrier of tall reeds, about 1m = 3' wide in places
............................................................*..............................
..*....................*..........................................*....................... Low grass / scrub, about another 10m = 30' wide
....*..................................*.........*...................................*....
=========================================== Drainage ditch
..........................................................................................
______________________________________________ Walking / cycling road, about 4m = 12' wide, with flood lighting

X is where I dug out three holes, near the gardens in the low grass,
but nicely behind the tall reeds, which act as a wind break
and security barrier from the walking / cycling road and flood lighting.

No photos. It was dark, and a flash would have been obvious.
The soil is pretty good for a guerilla site.
Plants have not been planted out yet, just dug the holes only.
I'm going to check next week, see if the holes are okay, and then maybe plant out.

If my new COB gets in soon, maybe they'll get some time under that.
But for security reasons, don't want them in the house, need to get them out soon.

Meanwhile... the topped plants are slowly starting to branch more.
Good weather for today, and then maybe some rain / showers for a couple of days.
Will be good for the chicken poo and eggshells.

MJS

Last night was back to canna-ninja mode for me.
All dressed in black, backpack full with hand trowel, chicken poop and eggshells.
Went in just after dark, around dinner time, less people around.
The area has good cover. It looks something like this:

=========================================== River area
***************************************************************** row of trees at river edge, about 5m = 15' wide
...........................................................................................
.................................X........................................................ Low grass / garden area, about 10m = 30' wide
...............................................X..............X..........................
......*******.........************..********......*********....*****...... Patchy barrier of tall reeds, about 1m = 3' wide in places
............................................................*..............................
..*....................*..........................................*....................... Low grass / scrub, about another 10m = 30' wide
....*..................................*.........*...................................*....
=========================================== Drainage ditch
..........................................................................................
______________________________________________ Walking / cycling road, about 4m = 12' wide, with flood lighting

X is where I dug out three holes, near the gardens in the low grass,
but nicely behind the tall reeds, which act as a wind break
and security barrier from the walking / cycling road and flood lighting.

No photos. It was dark, and a flash would have been obvious.
The soil is pretty good for a guerilla site.
Plants have not been planted out yet, just dug the holes only.
I'm going to check next week, see if the holes are okay, and then maybe plant out.

If my new COB gets in soon, maybe they'll get some time under that.
But for security reasons, don't want them in the house, need to get them out soon.

Meanwhile... the topped plants are slowly starting to branch more.
Good weather for today, and then maybe some rain / showers for a couple of days.
Will be good for the chicken poo and eggshells.

MJS
Sounds good .

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Sounds good .

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's actually a pretty cool site in the end.
Open to a lot of light exposure, but also sheltered from wind.
Has good cover, rows of reeds, some grass,
but the grass is just about 6"-12" high so the ganja can grow up through it.

Luckily it was a full moon, and fairly clear skies.
Enough light to work with at night, to balance feasibility with security.

Will work on some photos.... :p

Hi @archie gemmill -- thanks for popping by.
Any comments and criticisms welcomed!
hi Maria :pass:my first thought was,we playing battleships ? then was ahh X marks the spot.
then i started reading and it all became clear,sounds/looks like a good plan.not that id know as i know diddly bout the outdoors,and not a lot more about indoors.
does the river see much action ? you any good at climbing trees ? no dont be silly.
have heard of leaving some loose change near the scene,chances are if it has visitors.....find a penny pick a penny.but maybe thats as old as the hills and its shows my lack of sense spose.
anyways good luck as allways.
:pighug:

Back