Indoor Tropical Outdoor: White Widow Max, AK47, Cheese, Great White Shark, Northern Lights

Hi @Maria Sanchez ill sub to your grow..
eimages.jpg

Some basic grow site / location information:

Latitude:
somewhere between 23°0~25°0 North​

Geography:
fairly mountainous, at around 500-700m altitude
soil type, not sure, but looks fairly fertile if not a little rocky in places​

Climate (for August - October):
heavy rainfall ~300mm / month
average temperature ~20-27° C (the altitude helps)
probably a few tropical storms coming, too​

Light situation (for August - October):
daylight hours ~13.5hrs / day now, down to maybe ~11.5hrs / day by end of October
sunshine hours ~170hrs / month (= ~6hrs / day)​

In short, it is mostly sub-tropical, fairly hot and humid / wet, and also at slight altitude.

Last edited:
New Grow Journal

Outdoor Guerrilla:
White Widow Max, White LSD, AK47, Sour Diesel

Seeds from www.marijuana-seeds.nl :

(The top three from the left are freebies, unmarked Northern Lights, Auto Cheese, and Great White Shark (fem).)
View attachment 611042

5 X White Widow Max Auto Fem
(These remind me of my own old Northern Lights X local outdoor sativa hybrids, with the those strong tiger stripes across the seeds.)
View attachment 611044

5 X White LSD Auto Fem
View attachment 611043

5 X AK47 Auto Fem
View attachment 611045

5 X Sour Diesel Auto Fem
(You can see that one seed is particularly huge, perhaps it is a large calyx phenotype!)
View attachment 611046

(Plus freebies that I'm not germinating for this grow, 2 X Cheese Auto Fem, 3 X Great White Shark Fem, 5 X Northern Lights Reg)

Put these 20 seeds on soak on 20160803 (the little bags are under the glasses):

View attachment 611051

White Widow Max
View attachment 611050

White LSD
View attachment 611049

AK47
View attachment 611048

Sour Diesel
(12 hrs later, most of these were already sprouting, good sign of vigor)
View attachment 611047

That was already 24 hrs ago. Checking the germination process this morning, all the Sour Diesel's have broken through, and most of the others have also. I was originally planning for a 80% germination rate (maybe 4/5 seeds per strain), which in my experience is a bit low, but planning for the worst and hoping for the best. Looks like I'll get upwards of 90%, and perhaps 100%!

I'm preparing the seedling pots very soon. I know that one should start autos with the pots that they are to continue with. But, this is extremely difficult in my present circumstances, so will start in some smaller pots to begin with, and soon transplant out. I haven't prepared the guerrilla garden sites yet, and this will take some strategic planning and work. Want to get them up and growing for a week or two first, where I can put them out in the sun when the weather is nice, but take them inside when the weather is bad (and supplement a little light at night).

More photos once they are in the pots. It's going to be a fully organic grow, just like my old Northern Lights, Silver Pearl, Afghani and my own hybrids from many years ago.

Happy to learn from you all,
Lots of love and hugs,
Maria <3
Hi Maria
Nice selection of strains you got good luck with your grow.
@tobe, @budelee, and @Kate -- here's the journal you wanted me to tag you in.
Thanks for tagging me.
Some basic grow site / location information:

Latitude:
somewhere between 23°0~25°0 North

Geography:
fairly mountainous, at around 500-700m altitude
soil type, not sure, but looks fairly fertile if not a little rocky in places

Climate (for August - October):
heavy rainfall ~300mm / month
average temperature ~20-27° C (the altitude helps)
probably a few tropical storms coming, too

Light situation (for August - October):
daylight hours ~13.5hrs / day now, down to maybe ~11.5hrs / day by end of October
sunshine hours ~170hrs / month (= ~6hrs / day)

In short, it is mostly sub-tropical, fairly hot and humid / wet, and also at slight altitude.
You got a good research for your location, cant wait to see your baby's growing in the sun.

cu tobe

Germination

36 hrs after the start of the soaking for germination, I prepared the seedling pots and sowed in soil.
Germination rates (seed case cracked open, white shoot starting to protrude) for each strain as follows:

Auto Sour Diesel: 5/5 = 100% These started quickly, and overall looked the strongest.
Auto White Widow Max: 4/5 = 80% Most were fine, just one pale looking seed (may still germ yet).
Auto AK47: 5/5 = 100% Looking very good, also strong and healthy.
Auto White LSD: 5/5 = 100% Very good, with one giant round seed, though one seed barely cracked.

Total Germination Rate: 19/20 = 95% So, good work from MSNL (www.marijuana-seeds.nl) for selection.​

I didn't take any photos of the germination seeds in or just out of the water.

Potting

Expecting about 80% germination rates, I was a bit under prepared, so had to quickly find some other pots. (Luckily had some on hand.)
I have the following:

15 X 9cm x 9cm x 8cm deep square shaped seedling pots in a nice tray with drip tray.
1 X 10cm dia x 10cm deep round seedling pot (originally to make up 15 + 1 = 16 germinated).
4 X 12.5cm dia x 12.5cm deep round seedling pots, which I put the nicest germinated seeds in, one for each strain.
20 pots in total.​

Here's what they look like, before the seeds were sown:
20160805 Outdoor Guerrilla, Germinated, Potted (1).jpg

And after the seeds were sown. The white patches are strain labels, though they are not that clear in these photos:
20160805 Outdoor Guerrilla, Germinated, Potted (2).jpg

15 X 9cm x 9cm x 8cm deep square shaped seedling pots in a nice tray with drip tray.
20160805 Outdoor Guerrilla, Germinated, Potted (3).jpg

1 X 10cm dia x 10cm deep round seedling pot (originally to make up 15 + 1 = 16 germinated).
4 X 12.5cm dia x 12.5cm deep round seedling pots, which I put the nicest germinated seeds in, one for each strain.
20160805 Outdoor Guerrilla, Germinated, Potted (4).jpg

Soil and Fertilizer / Nutrients

The soil was a not very well prepared mix of a number of things easy to access and mix.
Wanted to avoid drawing too much attention to my activities.
75% regular garden shop seedling / potting mix, NPK given as 0.5-0.1-0.4
20% bulk garden soil mix
5% 1.5cm thick coco coir cut pellet at the bottom of the pot (edit)

This was supplemented with some regular local organic vegetative pellet type fertilizer, rated at NPK 15-5-5.
Not too much, but should be okay as it will take a bit to slowly break down and be available to the seedlings.
I have some bloom fertilizer ready for once they start to flower.

Last edited:
Germination

36 hrs after the start of the soaking for germination, I prepared the seedling pots and sowed in soil.
Germination rates (seed case cracked open, white shoot starting to protrude) for each strain as follows:

Auto Sour Diesel: 5/5 = 100% These started quickly, and overall looked the strongest.
Auto White Widow Max: 4/5 = 80% Most were fine, just one pale looking seed (may still germ yet).
Auto AK47: 5/5 = 100% Looking very good, also strong and healthy.
Auto White LSD: 5/5 = 100% Very good, with one giant round seed, though one seed barely cracked.

Total Germination Rate: 19/20 = 95% So, good work from MSNL (www.marijuana-seeds.nl) for selection.​

I didn't take any photos of the germination seeds in or just out of the water.

Potting

Expecting about 80% germination rates, I was a bit under prepared, so had to quickly find some other pots. (Luckily had some on hand.)
I have the following:

20 pots in total.​

Here's what they look like, before the seeds were sown:

And after the seeds were sown. The white patches are strain labels, though they are not that clear in these photos:
View attachment 611611

View attachment 611613

View attachment 611615

Soil and Fertilizer / Nutrients

The soil was a not very well prepared mix of a number of things easy to access and mix.
Wanted to avoid drawing too much attention to my activities.
75% regular garden shop seedling / potting mix, NPK given as 0.5-0.1-0.4
25% bulk garden soil mix

This was supplemented with some regular local organic vegetative pellet type fertilizer, rated at NPK 15-5-5.
Not too much, but should be okay as it will take a bit to slowly break down and be available to the seedlings.
I have some bloom fertilizer ready for once they start to flower.

You want to watch out with the pellet type fertilizer as it can take a while to break down and the roots will hit those little pellets and get big ole doses of nutes that can burn them. So just make sure you keep on the look out for nute burn early on. Great detail and I think you will do great!

You want to watch out with the pellet type fertilizer as it can take a while to break down and the roots will hit those little pellets and get big ole doses of nutes that can burn them. So just make sure you keep on the look out for nute burn early on. Great detail and I think you will do great!

Good point, @derek420colorado.
I initially thought of at least grinding the pellets up before adding them, and really should have done so.

I just added an edit to the previous post, as I forgot to mention that each pot has a little cut pellet of coco coir at the bottom.
Hopefully that will aid in preventing soil loss during watering, as well as maintaining moisture levels down low of course.

Just gave them a little watering, eagerly awaiting the first dicotelydrons to poke their heads out of the surface!

I USE some pellet type ,but almost always top dress with granulated Triple PHOSPHATE,DURING STRETCH, NPK RATIO 0-45-0..then just water in, BLOWS THE BUDS UP. ALSO alittle exta high nitrogen Bat guano , just to carry them gals to the promised Land. the brand is HIGH YIELD, TRIPLE PHOSPHATE...0-45-0

Very nice intro and off to a great start. You used the seed source that I used for my first grow. I also bought their AK47, white widow max, and white LSD. I had a lot of problems with germination on my first grow( 2 of 7) but it was all my fault. I'll be popping in to see your results. Good grow :karmacloud: to you. Oh and take a bit of this :slap: to get ya started.

I USE some pellet type ,but almost always top dress with granulated Triple PHOSPHATE,DURING STRETCH, NPK RATIO 0-45-0..then just water in, BLOWS THE BUDS UP. ALSO alittle exta high nitrogen Bat guano , just to carry them gals to the promised Land. the brand is HIGH YIELD, TRIPLE PHOSPHATE...0-45-0

Thanks for the tip, @geddy. :)
I'm doing some little tests to see how well those pellets break down in water.
Still some time until I'll need the high P fert.
Still waiting for them to break the surface after germination and sowing.

Very nice intro and off to a great start. You used the seed source that I used for my first grow. I also bought their AK47, white widow max, and white LSD. I had a lot of problems with germination on my first grow( 2 of 7) but it was all my fault. I'll be popping in to see your results. Good grow :karmacloud: to you. Oh and take a bit of this :slap: to get ya started.

Thanks, @Duckster!
Looks like you also went for the exact same "Strong Feminized Auto" package deal they offer.
Do you have a grow journal / log that I can check out? :-D

I've grown quite a few batches of regular photoperiod plants organically in soil in the past.
So, with autos the start of the process should be pretty much the same.

Thanks for the "rep" -- still figuring out this forum, haha!

Back