New Grower Today is Day 5 - should I be concerned

organics pesticide
whole dried chillies chopped or ground with pestil and mortar Garlic clove , dish soap , apple cider vinegar (optional) or if u want to go full killer
Soak cigarette stumps in a bottle of water for a few days add some dish soap spray on the little fuckers the Formaldehyde and other healthy ingredients that are in cigarette tobacco kill anything and everything if applied liberally . Don't spray on fully formed fruit for obvious reasons thank me later :headbang: :smoking:

Thanks for this - I will try it out. I have in the past made a concoction of green chilly, garlic and ginger with bit of neem oil and dish soap (emulsifier), but the cigarette thing is new and interesting!

Thanks for this - I will try it out. I have in the past made a concoction of green chilly, garlic and ginger with bit of neem oil and dish soap (emulsifier), but the cigarette thing is new and interesting!
I've stayed away from neem since I found this out but ppl rave about it so I can't comment

Reduced ability to have children (infertility): There is some evidence that neem can harm sperm. It might also reduce fertility in other ways. If you are trying to have children, avoid using neem. There is more. Than one way to skin a cat tho I think it was @DeanOnAuto that showed me u can also use molasses as pesticide . The sugars form on the insects and harden so they can't move about. A good mix of the above should see u good I've got loads of fruit and veg up at a plot with 4 ft high meadow grass less than a meter away from my beds and I haven't had a single issue yet so seems to be working for me
Here's to hoping u get a bumper harvest :shooty: :smoking:

@Mañ'O'Green @Bill.de.Cat @Ryno_nuggs I managed to take a few pictures with my digital microscope and my sense is that there doesn't seem to be a spider mite problem just yet. The white spots on the leaves seem to be natural. Would love to get your take on it - thanks much!
All you can do is wait n watch at this point. Good chance it is early variation as they get settled in.

Just don't put it on tomato plants, nicotine is a good way to kill a tomato plant. Recommended to wash hands before messing with tomatoes if you smoke and not to smoke around them.

All you can do is wait n watch at this point. Good chance it is early variation as they get settled in.
makes sense, will wait and watch.

Just don't put it on tomato plants, nicotine is a good way to kill a tomato plant. Recommended to wash hands before messing with tomatoes if you smoke and not to smoke around them.
Oh, glad you mentioned this - I had no clue this was the case.

So, I have read here that if you are growing in a medium that contains soil, compost, etc, then we shouldn't look into PH too much, but since I am growing in a combination of coco + soil + compost, should I be concerned that my cheapo soil PH meter shows the PH to be between 7 and 8?

My lady is growing (day 11 today), but seems to be slower than other pictures I have seen here. I do want to mention that my grow bag is a large one - 7 gallon or 27 liter bag.

Here is a picture that I took yesterday:
Day10.jpg

So, I have read here that if you are growing in a medium that contains soil, compost, etc, then we shouldn't look into PH too much, but since I am growing in a combination of coco + soil + compost, should I be concerned that my cheapo soil PH meter shows the PH to be between 7 and 8?

My lady is growing (day 11 today), but seems to be slower than other pictures I have seen here. I do want to mention that my grow bag is a large one - 7 gallon or 27 liter bag.

Here is a picture that I took yesterday:
View attachment 1327430
patience, since you mentioned the large pot my guess is it's still building the root structure to support the next phase which is veg growth. looking like a good start, just follow good watering practices and pretty sure she'll start to surprise you.

patience, since you mentioned the large pot my guess is it's still building the root structure to support the next phase which is veg growth. looking like a good start, just follow good watering practices and pretty sure she'll start to surprise you.

Thanks much - you guys are incredibly nice and helpful!

I have been reading here that PH matters a lot, so I was just a bit concerned about what my soil meter was reporting.

Also, all these days, I was keeping her under a 50% shade net, but since yesterday, I am keeping her under direct sunlight and making sure to water her when the top soil has dried up.

comparing against your 1st posted pic there is growth, albeit slow, but it is growing...

coco peat + compost + soil mix is a little vague. so can't get really sure how soil ph is going to be. just keep the water ph around 6 to 6.5 and it should be ok.

Back