New Grower Today is Day 5 - should I be concerned

Thanks folks - appreciate the input.

I switched her over to flowering nutes (as per the earlier recommendation, I was feeding her veg nutes till this time to ensure that a few more leaves grow). She has completed 7 weeks as of today. How much longer do you folks think I have before harvesting her?

EDIT: I lowered the lights to 18 inches and my ppfd is now 900+ (which I believe is the recommended number during flowering).
You know that is like asking how long is a rope!

You know that is like asking how long is a rope!
rofl - what I meant is that beyond the bronzing and other signs, is there any sure shot indicator that says "now is the time". I have obviously been reading and understand it needs to become cloudy, etc and I have a digital microscope through which I will be looking at her.

The issue I have also is that it looks like a single large bud, but the bottom of the bud is still developing while the top has progressed farther, so do I chop the top half and let the remaining part of the plant mature? This is all very new to me, so pardon my ignorance.

rofl - what I meant is that beyond the bronzing and other signs, is there any sure shot indicator that says "now is the time". I have obviously been reading and understand it needs to become cloudy, etc and I have a digital microscope through which I will be looking at her.

The issue I have also is that it looks like a single large bud, but the bottom of the bud is still developing while the top has progressed farther, so do I chop the top half and let the remaining part of the plant mature? This is all very new to me, so pardon my ignorance.
Some people actually do a multiple stage harvest that allows lower buds to more fully develop. I don't bother. I also need the vegetation of the whole plant to slow the drying process here in the desert I live in. This is part of becoming the farmer. Think on the countless decisions you have made to get this far. It is an accomplishment. Try it you might like it.

Some people actually do a multiple stage harvest that allows lower buds to more fully develop. I don't bother. I also need the vegetation of the whole plant to slow the drying process here in the desert I live in. This is part of becoming the farmer. Think on the countless decisions you have made to get this far. It is an accomplishment. Try it you might like it.

Makes sense - once again, thanks much for the advice. Just want to be able to enjoy the fruits of the labor (however small it might be :D)

I took a few images of the bud at a few different places. The lighting for the first one wasn't great, so I took the remaining under the 3500K + deep red LED's - the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th images are of the top of the bud. 5th and 6th images are of the lower buds.

Let me know if it's not good enough to review, and I will take a few more tomorrow. This was taken with my digital microscope.

@Mañ'O'Green and other gurus here, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know if the plant is close enough to harvest soon - thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4442.JPG
    IMG_4442.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4443.JPG
    IMG_4443.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4444.JPG
    IMG_4444.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4445.JPG
    IMG_4445.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4446.JPG
    IMG_4446.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4447.JPG
    IMG_4447.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 15
Here are a few more pictures of the tiny plant for review - please let me know if you think the time is right to harvest.

Edit: I did have a bit of a mite problem early that I took care of.

Attachments

• Day62-1.jpg
    Day62-1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
  • Day62-3.jpg
    Day62-3.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
  • Day62-2.jpg
    Day62-2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
Back