Indoor Tobe's test and breeding ground

Hi @Waira
I only found a genetic test of the PNG in the phylos galaxy not from the auto pheno. I will ask my friend if he sent a sample to them. As I know right I am the first one growing this auto PNG gifted by my friend.
I will ask him if he has sent a sample for a genetic test and let you know if there are more information. I will definitely preserve them because I planted all the seeds I got and it would be a shame if I don't do it.
:jointman: Tobe mate, first thing's first, right?-- make more! :hump: ... Do you plan to try and isolate the "auto" pheno' as a separate line as well? That it can be cloned is so wonderful and fortunate, especially if it's very rare...
... I'm looking at the Phylos info on it now... 3 types submitted by Watson; do you know which one is this variety? As for the "auto" pheno' that will be very interesting to see results of! And it's for certain that this is a pheno' of this specific strain, not an odd mix-up? I guess that will be shown for sure when the analysis is done....:biggrin: All this talk about this pheno' had me going back and looking more into Lilly, and how it came to be that she's so bloody fast for a mixed nearly pure Sativa African strain.. (ACE is a goldmine, ay? :headbang: I figure Original Delicatessen is part of their group?)... Anyway, the speed seems to come from Bangi Congo (which is a small, very fast strain) and a PCK... So, here's another seemingly unusual speed manifestation in a population of long season equatorial Sativas,... Unless maybe she's a mountain dweller, and adapted to a shorter viable grow season? :shrug:... the more we talk about this "auto" pheno', the more excited I get = :cooldance:... the new pics of a lovely couple even more so now! I assume they will be on honeymoon fairly soon?:hump:

For the BBg cross I will use the MoB I think I will grow one outdoors this season and pollinate a few lower buds. I only got the green pheno and the taste and high was amazing. I harvest the MoB in two steps the most of them with around 20% amber thrichomes the taste was great a few buds got around 50% amber the taste changed a bit and wasn't so sweet but the stone was very strong.
I will also ask some friends if they got interesting landraces who show berry phenotypes.
From time to time I hate it to haven't enough space and time to do bigger selection but than I think it's my hobby and not my business and I got time to watch plants better.
Oh, you're grown out some MoB already! :d5: yes indeed, it's a very fine strain, the smoke is quite potent, and a superb balanced high... If you can, get some of Sticks MoB/OGK x C99a, that too is gob-smack strong ( I have mates it's too much for- :eyebrows:), berry still dominates but with cure, an earthy chocolate aroma has appeared and stayed... So dense and gummy!
m2.jpg

....MoB purple pheno' is something I'd like Stick to work on as well! Truth is, I've only had one fully green pheno' so far, on my first grow of it from original stock,.. I still have a few seeds left, getting rather old now, but all the other's I've grown were fully purple... they all had a pineapple-like note to the aroma, but that green one had "head shop/incense" notes to it instead,... This current one has neither, it's all berry.
Speaking of berry landraces, AoF is supposed to have one, so there's a potential choice! I think I'm going to try and run a few AoF's this season, hopefully get a lady out of it... I need to chat with him about how long it takes to show sex, which will in part likely determine if I run them in small pots and transplant female into bigger, or run a larger pot and put all three in it, just cut males down,... Any luck and a berry will show! I sure don't want the burnt rubber pheno', that turned me off of the old PJEM's back in the day,...not an aroma I appreciate! :nono: :rofl:

I am totally fixed on to work with the PNG my main interest is the flower trigger and some more tests are needed. I hope to finish them under 24/0 but we will see how this go....for future I will work with more sativa my friend who is a sativa expert told me Zamal act very different to the other sativa we know so for future tests this is on the list. I also ask if iam allowed to give out pure PNG seeds out to some people who got interest in tests to see if it's a under group of sativa which is not classified.
I know Sam the Skunkman found also a pheno like this in other sativa but if I know right he doesn't do any tests ... I hope to get a contact to him to talk about it and if possible do some tests together.
We will see what the future will give.

If iam allowed you are on my list and if @Waira want to be involved he can have some too...the other guys who got the seeds didn't grow them and I hope one of the two who got some will be testing them too.
It could be a real game changer for us autoflower junkies
Tobe, did your friend explain how Zamal is different specifically? It's a mountain grower typically, right, so I'm guessing speed id part of it at least?
Sam the Skunk man, funny you mention him! This season I'm also growing Female's Skunk Special, supposedly a real old school variety originally made by him... I'm wanting seriously stanky skunk aroma! If you contact him, ask about this strain and what he thinks please,...
Oh man, I'd be honored to try out the "auto" pheno'--- upon approval, and when it's good and ready my friend! :bow: Maybe next OD season? ...the longer more normal pheno' won't finish in time here I'm afraid,...
All the landrace talk makes another nice seed score come to mind- :eyebrows: ... a certain mate sent me some South India seeds a while back which are burning in my mind to get run! I was sorely tempted this year, but the conditions at the grow site (less than a mile away from a cold Bay) make this more risky than I wanted to venture. If I can get inland more, I will run them, if not, then I will gamble next season anyway!

Hi @Waira
To the PNG , yes I try to isolate the auto pheno my luck I got a female and a male.
I will also make a batch of photoperiod version of the PNG .
To the Zamal , started flowering under 18/6 but my friend didn't test them under 24/0 the tendency to get herm plants are very high so it will be a bit tricky to test it next to my autos... my friend will grow some Zamal in the future and I safe some pollen from the auto PNG to do some test crosses....after more research and a other guy told me he grow some Tansania sativa they show a auto pheno too....the most sativa growers don't use the light schedule I do and grow for buds or photo seeds so I hope to find a few growers/breeders who like to do tests and research.

To Sam the Skunkman he is David Watson and send the samples to phylos...I don't got the time to find a way to contact him...but I will do

To the BBg I only got the green pheno from the MoB and liked them, from AoF I got a few seeds left and will grow them in the future to see if I find a berry pheno I will keep you updated my friend.

...I can't receive seeds at the moment for security reasons and have to work with my own collection but the selection is big enough for the next year's.

......new pictures coming soon

Have a nice day
cu tobe

To the PNG , yes I try to isolate the auto pheno my luck I got a female and a male.
I will also make a batch of photoperiod version of the PNG .
:karmacloud: :woohoo: :karmacloud: green blessings upon thee! Now we get to see how strongly it manifests over this next generation,... what do you predict Tobe?

To the Zamal , started flowering under 18/6 but my friend didn't test them under 24/0 the tendency to get herm plants are very high so it will be a bit tricky to test it next to my autos... my friend will grow some Zamal in the future and I safe some pollen from the auto PNG to do some test crosses....after more research and a other guy told me he grow some Tansania sativa they show a auto pheno too....the most sativa growers don't use the light schedule I do and grow for buds or photo seeds so I hope to find a few growers/breeders who like to do tests and research.
:eek1: Wow, another two landrace's with this trick up their sleeves, flowering under 18/6! I note that so far, all of these are landrace "Sativa's" (coincidence, or something to it? i wonder...).... The hermie tendency, do you mean it's something inherent to the Zamal in general, or only under 24/0 lighting? I ask because I think there's something to that 24/0 schedule that can trigger this some cases,... it's just anecdotal, one of those low number example 'trends" I see here, often in Sick Bay, but again I distrust a certain level of coincidences! I speculate it's very strain dependent, and potentially linked to those that have a significant % tropical Sativa in them... Such "native" strains from this latitude never see such long days, perhaps something in their physiology makes them ill suited to such exposure. Or it could be something purely physiological, unrelated, and some plants just can't function well with that constant photosynthetic machinery operating,...Or the balance of physio'/metabolics is fragile, and all it takes is a little more stress to tip the scales into some sort of malfunction, like expressing hermies... I also think that there are phenotypes that show their differences in such physiological/metabolic ways, not in morphology, or the other usual manifestations,... I've had a plant that was under chronic micronutrient defc.'s, from seedling stage to pre-bloom, I could not get ahead of it... her seed sister, same mother plant, growing in the same pot, never suffered such issues... Oddly enough, it was the use of Optic Foliar Transport and micronute supplement that finally fixed it, but that may have been a quirk of her maturity stage, just before bloom started- :shrug:... that plant hermied anyway! :doh:

To Sam the Skunkman he is David Watson and send the samples to phylos...I don't got the time to find a way to contact him...but I will do
Ahh,... another dot connected! good to know mate,...

:greenthumb: - PNG's coming along nicely Tobe,... you have a lot going on in that tent! :hump: :passit:

:karmacloud: :woohoo: :karmacloud: green blessings upon thee! Now we get to see how strongly it manifests over this next generation,... what do you predict Tobe?

:eek1: Wow, another two landrace's with this trick up their sleeves, flowering under 18/6! I note that so far, all of these are landrace "Sativa's" (coincidence, or something to it? i wonder...).... The hermie tendency, do you mean it's something inherent to the Zamal in general, or only under 24/0 lighting? I ask because I think there's something to that 24/0 schedule that can trigger this some cases,... it's just anecdotal, one of those low number example 'trends" I see here, often in Sick Bay, but again I distrust a certain level of coincidences! I speculate it's very strain dependent, and potentially linked to those that have a significant % tropical Sativa in them... Such "native" strains from this latitude never see such long days, perhaps something in their physiology makes them ill suited to such exposure. Or it could be something purely physiological, unrelated, and some plants just can't function well with that constant photosynthetic machinery operating,...Or the balance of physio'/metabolics is fragile, and all it takes is a little more stress to tip the scales into some sort of malfunction, like expressing hermies... I also think that there are phenotypes that show their differences in such physiological/metabolic ways, not in morphology, or the other usual manifestations,... I've had a plant that was under chronic micronutrient defc.'s, from seedling stage to pre-bloom, I could not get ahead of it... her seed sister, same mother plant, growing in the same pot, never suffered such issues... Oddly enough, it was the use of Optic Foliar Transport and micronute supplement that finally fixed it, but that may have been a quirk of her maturity stage, just before bloom started- :shrug:... that plant hermied anyway! :doh:

Ahh,... another dot connected! good to know mate,...

:greenthumb: - PNG's coming along nicely Tobe,... you have a lot going on in that tent! :hump: :passit:
Hi Waira my friend
The Zamal is a very sensitive strain and got the herm tendency not only at 24/0 light as I know right.

I also made more place in the tent and chopped some of the autos , some are not ready but good enough for the smoke and I need the place.

Updates coming soon

Have a nice day
cu tobe

:smoking:... makes sense to me Tobe, I think some true landrace plants have that intersexing thing as a survival mechanism, and from their perspective, a good one! Reproduction is the biological imperative, to pass those genes on in the next generation,... Trust this biologist, mother nature is notorious for "work arounds"! :hump:
Light stress is arguably the [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] overlooked factor with indoor growing... there is no set bar that works best for all strains, there's a range of tolerances, and certainly there's such a thing as too much even without the typical outward symptoms (burning)... especially true with LED's, the more subtle signs are the tell there... Botanists know already that there's a limit to what the photosynthetic machinery can actually use per unit time. Beyond that it starts to have negative affects,...subtle and slight at first, true....but factor in other potential stressors like bad VPD, and it can magnify problems more and make a tangle of diagnostic symptoms! :confused1: :doh: And LED intensity is so deceptive to our eyes, many still don't grasp that our vision is NO substitute for a PAR meter..... One day I hope to learn how it is that auto's, and these odd-ball seemingly day-neutral photo's have bypassed the usual day/night length feedback loops that govern veg and bloom!

:coffee: Wooo!-- early harvests! Nothing like a nice zippy trippy high = :woohoo:... I'm thinking of playing around some this year, snipping a branch or two earlier than usual to make note of the differences in the buzz and terp's.... Like on the AoF, which is already going to be narcotic and heavy,... and Lilly the African cross which is on the opposite side of that spectrum, maybe take some early and late,...:eyebrows:

:smoking:... makes sense to me Tobe, I think some true landrace plants have that intersexing thing as a survival mechanism, and from their perspective, a good one! Reproduction is the biological imperative, to pass those genes on in the next generation,... Trust this biologist, mother nature is notorious for "work arounds"! :hump:
Light stress is arguably the [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] overlooked factor with indoor growing... there is no set bar that works best for all strains, there's a range of tolerances, and certainly there's such a thing as too much even without the typical outward symptoms (burning)... especially true with LED's, the more subtle signs are the tell there... Botanists know already that there's a limit to what the photosynthetic machinery can actually use per unit time. Beyond that it starts to have negative affects,...subtle and slight at first, true....but factor in other potential stressors like bad VPD, and it can magnify problems more and make a tangle of diagnostic symptoms! :confused1: :doh: And LED intensity is so deceptive to our eyes, many still don't grasp that our vision is NO substitute for a PAR meter..... One day I hope to learn how it is that auto's, and these odd-ball seemingly day-neutral photo's have bypassed the usual day/night length feedback loops that govern veg and bloom!

:coffee: Wooo!-- early harvests! Nothing like a nice zippy trippy high = :woohoo:... I'm thinking of playing around some this year, snipping a branch or two earlier than usual to make note of the differences in the buzz and terp's.... Like on the AoF, which is already going to be narcotic and heavy,... and Lilly the African cross which is on the opposite side of that spectrum, maybe take some early and late,...:eyebrows:
Hi my friend
Yes you are right intersexing is for survival , that's why people who preserve landraces also use intersex plants and don't select against different traits.

To the AoF a great strain I can tell you I got a male full covered with thrichomes and pollinate a Afghan Helmand girl, the bad thing I was making photos from the girl after it ring at the door and my dog started to run and broke the main steam of the girl. I got around 10 less good seeds but I want to give them a try and save them. With less space I don't know if try them this year. At first I need new lights after that I will buy a new tent to got one test room one for selective breeding and a male room.

I got so much cool projects in my head , outdoor I got some autoflower plants at the moment , I grow them guerilla style. Around 20 are out for a test.
Orange Assault X Bluetooth
Harle tsu z6 x autoCBD haze X powerkush autoduck
Orange Assault X UK auto cheese (skunk pheno selected)

I the greenhouse some photoperiod waiting to go out.
MoB
Acid Skunk
BLR X Sugar Punch
Hypro Amnesia
Blues
WW x BBG

All around 40 plants some lower buds from different strains will be pollinated by the PNG auto male

Much to do this season and the weather is great 10C° night , 24C° day

In my stressful environment, heat, cold, blinding photons, sativa doms have a tendency toward
herms/nammers and early harvest.
:jointman: Tobe mate, first thing's first, right?-- make more! :hump: ... Do you plan to try and isolate the "auto" pheno' as a separate line as well? That it can be cloned is so wonderful and fortunate, especially if it's very rare...
... I'm looking at the Phylos info on it now... 3 types submitted by Watson; do you know which one is this variety? As for the "auto" pheno' that will be very interesting to see results of! And it's for certain that this is a pheno' of this specific strain, not an odd mix-up? I guess that will be shown for sure when the analysis is done....:biggrin: All this talk about this pheno' had me going back and looking more into Lilly, and how it came to be that she's so bloody fast for a mixed nearly pure Sativa African strain.. (ACE is a goldmine, ay? :headbang: I figure Original Delicatessen is part of their group?)... Anyway, the speed seems to come from Bangi Congo (which is a small, very fast strain) and a PCK... So, here's another seemingly unusual speed manifestation in a population of long season equatorial Sativas,... Unless maybe she's a mountain dweller, and adapted to a shorter viable grow season? :shrug:... the more we talk about this "auto" pheno', the more excited I get = :cooldance:... the new pics of a lovely couple even more so now! I assume they will be on honeymoon fairly soon?:hump:

Oh, you're grown out some MoB already! :d5: yes indeed, it's a very fine strain, the smoke is quite potent, and a superb balanced high... If you can, get some of Sticks MoB/OGK x C99a, that too is gob-smack strong ( I have mates it's too much for- :eyebrows:), berry still dominates but with cure, an earthy chocolate aroma has appeared and stayed... So dense and gummy!
View attachment 1055398

....MoB purple pheno' is something I'd like Stick to work on as well! Truth is, I've only had one fully green pheno' so far, on my first grow of it from original stock,.. I still have a few seeds left, getting rather old now, but all the other's I've grown were fully purple... they all had a pineapple-like note to the aroma, but that green one had "head shop/incense" notes to it instead,... This current one has neither, it's all berry.
Speaking of berry landraces, AoF is supposed to have one, so there's a potential choice! I think I'm going to try and run a few AoF's this season, hopefully get a lady out of it... I need to chat with him about how long it takes to show sex, which will in part likely determine if I run them in small pots and transplant female into bigger, or run a larger pot and put all three in it, just cut males down,... Any luck and a berry will show! I sure don't want the burnt rubber pheno', that turned me off of the old PJEM's back in the day,...not an aroma I appreciate! :nono: :rofl:

Tobe, did your friend explain how Zamal is different specifically? It's a mountain grower typically, right, so I'm guessing speed id part of it at least?
Sam the Skunk man, funny you mention him! This season I'm also growing Female's Skunk Special, supposedly a real old school variety originally made by him... I'm wanting seriously stanky skunk aroma! If you contact him, ask about this strain and what he thinks please,...
Oh man, I'd be honored to try out the "auto" pheno'--- upon approval, and when it's good and ready my friend! :bow: Maybe next OD season? ...the longer more normal pheno' won't finish in time here I'm afraid,...
All the landrace talk makes another nice seed score come to mind- :eyebrows: ... a certain mate sent me some South India seeds a while back which are burning in my mind to get run! I was sorely tempted this year, but the conditions at the grow site (less than a mile away from a cold Bay) make this more risky than I wanted to venture. If I can get inland more, I will run them, if not, then I will gamble next season anyway!
I'm looking for big stink2. Gotta Strain Hunters' Skunk germing right now. We can compare and contrast our olfactory offerings:d5: Mine's going to the raised garden, hoping for fast&stinky

Last edited:
Back