Indoor Tobe's test and breeding ground

These three little plants are BlueCandy I have hold them small because I was looking for a male at my friend's blueberry grow but I didn't found the right one so I flower them out for a little extra smoke. The mother plant is still alive;)
IMG_20240112_200820.jpg
IMG_20240112_201013.jpg
IMG_20240112_201040.jpg

@Doctor's Choice
Hey my friend
I noticed I haven't tagged you in this thread . There you can see some of my projects. In my autoflower crosses are Lowryder2 but only 25% or less .
A other question do you got experience with Mighty Mite ?. There are some autoflower phenos to find but it's not with Lowryder in the genetic backgrounds.

Little info to the 90's blues I was gifted the seeds from Blue Star Seeds my friend is the owner and got a co-op with DJ Short. They got some nice projects running.

Have a nice day
cu tobe

Little update to the Jaggen x Orange Assault f1
The plants develop good two weeks I think , than I push them to flower. At the first pic the 5 cuts with the bottle are BlueCandy, I want to pollinate them with 90'sBlues pollen. If I find a good male in the Jaggen x Orange Assault I will also pollinate one of the BlueCandy cuts
IMG_20240205_195234.jpg
IMG_20240205_195245.jpg
IMG_20240205_195249.jpg
IMG_20240205_195252.jpg

@Doctor's Choice
Hey my friend
I noticed I haven't tagged you in this thread . There you can see some of my projects. In my autoflower crosses are Lowryder2 but only 25% or less .
A other question do you got experience with Mighty Mite ?. There are some autoflower phenos to find but it's not with Lowryder in the genetic backgrounds.

Little info to the 90's blues I was gifted the seeds from Blue Star Seeds my friend is the owner and got a co-op with DJ Short. They got some nice projects running.

Have a nice day
cu tobe
Wow, my friend, your passion for Orange Assault is legendary! 😍I hope you'll find the same love for our strains. Your meticulous approach to breeding, saving pollen, clones, and selecting top plants truly shows your dedication and responsibility🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽 You're a true breeding enthusiast! Thanks for sharing here☀🙏🏽your hard work sets a great example for others!

As for the Mighty Mite, it's an old Canadian strain from the 80s-90s, known for its very early and fast flowering. I grew some 👍🏽🌱

I have a couple of questions for the doctor if I may..Might have to split in into another thread or continue in my breeding thread as I don't wanna foul Tobe's one. :bow:

As you might know already I'm about to embark in a multi year project.
First I want to find the White Widow I smoked when I was younger. It still exists as I smoked some a couple of years ago and it took me back thirty years in the past. For this I've sourced regular photo seeds from the three sources that claim to have the 'real' deal. Now, I'm not into politics and want to do this search blind. ie, As soon as the seeds germinate and transferred into small P9 pots I won't know which is which. My missus will keep a note on what's what, but since she doesn't smoke or has any affinity with my mistress, go figure :eyebrows:, I can't be influenced by her.
The males from the original batch will get a treatment of Ethephon to turn them female, which is my guess, would make things easier to find a couple of special trannies. Of course before the treatment I will take clones to keep the original chemotype available.
After this rigorous selection I hope to keep three ladies and three gents which will be crossed to one another and labeled. These seeds will have to be grown out and tested. Just to find the right male. (hint for any @Cultivators by then)

Until this part everything is very straight forward and has nothing to do with growing auto's.
But now come the questions...What cultivar should I use as the auto parents. Should I go for a proven auto cultivar of recent years, with the risk of getting so much variance in the resulting F2 after two breeding sessions to get the recessive auto gene to apear again? I've got a great specimen which is already great on it's own.
Or should I go with one of the more well known auto variants of the White Widow, @Antonio_DutchPassion Dutch Passion's come's to mind. Or should I go with a cultivar like Lowryder, which lies on the foundation of most auto's? This would be taking a step back in my opinion as potency wasn't all that great back then, but on the other side the genetics inside that cultivar are the most pure to begin with. This is the same reason I went looking for the original breeder of White Widow and tumbled into the rabit hole of lies and deceit.
I want to finally end up with a White Widow in auto format, stable and with as less variance a possible. For me of course, but also to share with friends who never grew up with that fantastic cultivar.

What's your thoughts on this subject? And I apologize in advance if I offended you by calling Lowryder a low potency cultivar, I've never smoked it so I can't say and am going on what I've gathered on the interweb.

Regards,

Bob :toke:

But now come the questions...What cultivar should I use as the auto parents. Should I go for a proven auto cultivar of recent years, with the risk of getting so much variance in the resulting F2 after two breeding sessions to get the recessive auto gene to apear again? I've got a great specimen which is already great on it's own.
Or should I go with one of the more well known auto variants of the White Widow, @Antonio_DutchPassion Dutch Passion's come's to mind. Or should I go with a cultivar like Lowryder, which lies on the foundation of most auto's? This would be taking a step back in my opinion as potency wasn't all that great back then, but on the other side the genetics inside that cultivar are the most pure to begin with. This is the same reason I went looking for the original breeder of White Widow and tumbled into the rabit hole of lies and deceit.
I want to finally end up with a White Widow in auto format, stable and with as less variance a possible. For me of course, but also to share with friends who never grew up with that fantastic cultivar.

What's your thoughts on this subject? And I apologize in advance if I offended you by calling Lowryder a low potency cultivar, I've never smoked it so I can't say and am going on what I've gathered on the interweb.

Regards,

Bob :toke:

I have no experience breeding, but I'd look for an auto with a similar profile to my photo to get started.

While the cultivators are coming, who's got that old school Sour D? Been like 20 years since I had that good Sour D.

I listened to a podcast at some point over the last week and they mentioned that there is no original White Widow. It was passed around a group of people in Europe and they all came up with their own versions.

Might be this one

Or one of the James Loud Genetics podcasts. I listen to a lot in the background. Hard to keep track.

I don't think you'll go wrong with the Dutch Passion version. It's more than likely what gets grown and supplied to the coffeeshops in Holland.

Qb

Last edited:
Also something that might interest you. @Bob's Auto's

I have some seeds I pulled from bud I got in Goa, India which is just North of Kerala. Supposedly where the male comes from according to some stories.

I think I might pop a few of them to see what I get after this current grow. The smoke was really psychedelic and trippy with crazy visuals.

I may have a couple spare to send if you like?

Qb

Back