Indoor This will be a Slowmo Grow

I've been thinking about this and because I'm not a scientist I don't know. But I would assume not even though I don't know what it does measure!

I did read once that when it says 20% thc that actually means 20% of the active compounds are thc, NOT that the bud is made up of 20% thc. Probably poop but maybe it's starting to make sense now?

My head hurts trying to think - SC for breakfast :smoking: :pass:

I did read once that when it says 20% thc that actually means 20% of the active compounds are thc, NOT that the bud is made up of 20% thc. Probably poop but maybe it's starting to make sense now?

imo that does not really make sense to me... then u could in principle get a 25% thc rating from 1 trichome ?

@Dr. Babnik @hippy71 ...

there something i don't get :

Is THC % not a a percentage of weight ?
does 20% THC content in a 10g dried bud not mean 2g THC ?
No, no. Those percentages are dubious. They analyse on some extract from the bud.
I will find out how it's analysed and come back with a summary. Please be patient.

imo that does not really make sense to me... then u could in principle get a 25% thc rating from 1 trichome ?

Agreed but I think it may be closer than thc by weight. If you think about a bud, the vast majority of it is made of "plant matter" whatever that is.Proteins and shizzle perhaps. So it's not possible that 1/5 of the weight is made up of the THC inside the trich heads.

So the measurement they make is a percentage by weight of the oils in the sample, not of the overall weight of the sample.

Boom???

THC % is the percentage of the oils that are THC. Or in other words, the percentage of the active compounds?

@Dr. Babnik @hippy71

OK . i've read most of it :thumbsup:

anyway this still imo enables me to somewhat judge the end result and i might add somewhat predict outcome even before run is done ... if i can do that something is working for me...

But I will call it trichome percentage instead of THC % ... :crying::bighug:...

Cheers

would be funny to have our bubble hash analyzed :pass::vibe:

Back