Outdoor The trails and tribulations of a first time grower [journal]

I started the autos indoors and moved them outside in to the ground they got a great start , transplanting might have slowed down a couple as it is quite far from where they were . They reached around 30 - 50 cm after stunted but the rest are 60 - 110+ cm , worth documenting it seemed the Sensi Seeds strains grew taller as some include Super Autos and the short ones are Dutch Passion strains like Auto Duck which are all identical height so take from that what you will :toke::rofl:
I started all my seeds indoors, on a south facing windowsill in the sun. Problem is, if you have a cloudy week in May (very likely where I live), they suffer and don't grow, and the time keeps on ticking and the Dutch Passion seeds will start to flower on week 4.
I think my method was good for me for this year, but what I really need, is to put the seedlings indoors under lights for the first 2 weeks on a 24 hour regime. This will get them big enough in the first 2 weeks to be able to explode outdoors in the sun.

It's interesting what you are saying. Let me get this straight: so you started a bunch of seeds from different seedbanks, indoors and under lights? And the smallest ons where the Dutch Passions?

Looking good Ken, the FD is a beauty, i start all my girls indoors for 2 weeks and then they go out, just give em a couple of days to acclimate to sunlight:pass:

Last edited:
I started all my seeds indoors, on a south facing windowsill in the sun. Problem is, if you have a cloudy week in May (very likely where I live), they suffer and don't grow, and the time keeps on ticking and the Dutch Passion seeds will start to flower on week 4.
I think my method was good for me for this year, but what I really need, is to put the seedlings indoors under lights for the first 2 weeks on a 24 hour regime. This will get them big enough in the first 2 weeks to be able to explode outdoors in the sun.

It's interesting what you are saying. Let me get this straight: so you started a bunch of seeds from different seedbanks, indoors and under lights? And the smallest ons where the Dutch Passions?

Yes they were all under lights 20/4 and went out 2 .5 weeks
Out of 5 seeds (2 strains) from dutch passion
4 are around 40 / 50 cm and 1 is around 60.
The other 10 seeds (3 strains) from Sensi seeds are 3 to almost 4 ft in height and much much wider . Some are Super Autos

Last edited:
Looking goos Ken, the FD is a beauty, i start all my girls ondoors for 2 weeks and then they go out, gust tive em a couple of days to acclimate to sunlight:pass:
Did someone swap the keys on your keyboard or did you do a mil too much tincture? :)

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Did someone swap the keys on your keyboard or did you do a mil too much tincture? :)

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]
Opsy:crying: indeed somtimes after my evening blunt my eyes squint till my brain accept the thc wave, thanks for the heads up!

Yes they were all under lights 20/4 and went out 2 .5 weeks
Out of 5 seeds (2 strains) from dutch passion
4 are around 40 / 50 cm and 1 is around 60.
The other 10 seeds (3 strains) from Sensi seeds are 3 to almost 4 ft in height and much much wider . Some are Super Autos
That is good to hear. So maybe it's not all that bad. I'll have to look at Sensi seeds than. So for next year I'll look at Mephisto, Sensi seeds and Dinafem for outdoor auto flowers. If anyone has some suggestions, let's hear them below!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That is good to hear. So maybe it's not all that bad. I'll have to look at Sensi seeds than. So for next year I'll look at Mephisto, Sensi seeds and Dinafem for outdoor auto flowers. If anyone has some suggestions, let's hear them below!

Judging by how they're going i would 10/ 10 recommend the Super Skunk Autos by Sensi Seeds

The pictures don't do them justice it was a flying visit but you get the idea of the size , decent for Ireland Outdoors
Here is a link to the thread

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/outdoor-autoflower-ireland.66250/page-11

Some pictures I took yesterday off the think different. She's coming down on Monday, as I'm away over the weekend. Been following the official bio bizz nutrient schedule for this one, and it's colas are much fatter. She also had more sun and really high temps (28°C and 7 days of 35°C+). It shows. The main colla is super firm. Yesterday we had a storm here, and she was rocking slightly, as if it was a breeze rather than the 90km/u wind gusts that we had.
Main colla is about as thick as a coca cola can. I'll post back when I chopped her to tell you how much she yielded. Not that it matters very much to me, but does anyone know if the quoted yields the seed banks have on their websites, are dried weight or wet weight after harvest.?
e27b03cdaeead8bd9e2791fe7ff6f6b2.jpg
4fbee907226ac8022a9f212f4a7915e4.jpg
181a9d83b901983cff27d0f2c757322a.jpg
de60bf14547d7bda71aadc649251c8d6.jpg

Some pictures I took yesterday off the think different. She's coming down on Monday, as I'm away over the weekend. Been following the official bio bizz nutrient schedule for this one, and it's colas are much fatter. She also had more sun and really high temps (28°C and 7 days of 35°C+). It shows. The main colla is super firm. Yesterday we had a storm here, and she was rocking slightly, as if it was a breeze rather than the 90km/u wind gusts that we had.
Main colla is about as thick as a coca cola can. I'll post back when I chopped her to tell you how much she yielded. Not that it matters very much to me, but does anyone know if the quoted yields the seed banks have on their websites, are dried weight or wet weight after harvest.?
e27b03cdaeead8bd9e2791fe7ff6f6b2.jpg
4fbee907226ac8022a9f212f4a7915e4.jpg
181a9d83b901983cff27d0f2c757322a.jpg
de60bf14547d7bda71aadc649251c8d6.jpg

Quoted weights form breeders would be dry yields...of course their yield quotes can be taken with a grain of salt! So many depending factors.

Back