Outdoor The trails and tribulations of a first time grower [journal]

Hey there Ken Bacon[emoji481][emoji482]
Boy I don't envy you right now you got lots of work ahead of you.

So yes for all those reasons that Maria gave you could cause seeds and also due to stress can cause them to seed up a little bit.
Its not a big deal won't affect anything it's personal smoke and you're not selling it so you're good....

But the seeds are least of your problem I wouldn't even worry about that whatsoever you got bigger fish to fry.

You need to keep a....Really.... close eye on that BUD ROT that is a Devastator.. IT will destroy that plant you have. You have to pay SO clouse attention every single chance you get. By pay attention to it you can save those buds.
I've done it and I know from personal experience just recently this year I saved my crop.

You're close enough to harvest you may have to make an executive decision and pull those buds from that plant and chop them buds down.

Another thing that helps while the buds are on the plant and still growing. You can pull the individual buds apart on a colon and just gently pull them away from the stem so there's air flowing between the stem and the bud. I've done it works but you still have to keep close eye on it.
The air flow in between them will help dry the bud out.
If you can get a fan out there to blow air. These are some of the only way you can save it.
I guarantee you you going to have trouble if you can't get air flow to those buds. If you got bud rot in one place you're going to have it elsewhere.
I found it in its infancy inside buds by pulling the buds apart and finding it deep inside they had no apparent visible Bud rot from the outside of Bud. But was deep inside just starting.[emoji109]

Its very hard to get around Bud rot even with the technique that I just showed you. But you don't have much Choice Bud rot is relentless seriously relentless.
It does not die easily it moves very quickly and once you got it you have to be vigilant because you're going to get it everywhere it just happens don't ask me why I'm not a biologist like that but it just happens and you got to be vigilant and be on it or you'll lose it and you'll be sad.
Good luck my friend. [emoji120][emoji109]
grow on grow bro[emoji482]

Ps...
When you find the bud rot in a Bud you can take and get rid of that bud rot off that bud once you cut it from the plant and lay that bud out to dry and you can save some of your smoke I've done it it works but you got to be vigilant.

It may be the worst enemy I've ever dealt with in growing cannabis.

Sorry if I sound so stressful but if you want to save that plant you're under stress right now.
I've watched that bud rot tear through a plant in 3 days and destroy it before I even had a chance to do anything about it. When I first understood what bud rot was all about a few years ago and you can't save it after that. it's done[emoji47] good luck.[emoji482]

Sent[emoji297][emoji100][emoji482]

Good eye you caught it quick that's the only way to combat this cannabis killer is quick quick I'm serious as a heart attack and it's the only way to combat it you've got it and you got to pay attention to it very closely now you're doing a very good job by pulling the buds off that you have spotted with it and you can save those buds by opening them up and cutting out the rot and then drying that bud out that's the only way I know of saving them.
Your best bet is to search those buds and pull them apart cuz with the rain and moisture you're having right now it's going to be Amplified.. dense buds are super culprit for Bud rot I know all too well pull your buds apart and look you'll find it inside those buds in its infancy and you can save them then but like I said you may have to make an executive decision and pull the whole plug on it. I've been there and done it if there a couple weeks early so what you still got a good crop as long as your trikes are opaque your safe even if there's some clear in there no big deal it'll still be good it may not be no couchlock buzz but it'll still be a good happy hi
good luck my friend[emoji482]

Sent[emoji297][emoji100][emoji482]

Some excellent advice from G2G, and confirmed my own worse suspicions of botyris on outdoor girls. I only have encountered bud rot once before indoor when I had a full tent, minimum lost but could've been worse.

Ken get that girl harvested asap, there is no point hanging on now, I will be applying same practice to my own.

Some excellent advice from G2G, and confirmed my own worse suspicions of botyris on outdoor girls. I only have encountered bud rot once before indoor when I had a full tent, minimum lost but could've been worse.

Ken get that girl harvested asap, there is no point hanging on now, I will be applying same practice to my own.
Yes, excellent advise indeed! I am now monitoring the plant more closely. She is in her 6th week of flower, so still 2 more weeks to go. Its been 3 days now since I cut the botyris away, and I haven't seen any other budsites that might have been affected. The weather in the next week will be more like summer here, so I'm not going to cut her down just yet. The pistils are starting to brown, but she is still forming new ones, and the calyxes are not even begun to swell yet. She is also still filling in the spaces between budsites. She is a little while from maturing yet. I will leave her to it and pay close attention for any other forms of mold. I'll post pictures of her, so you all can see how far she is advanced. Her aroma is also starting to be more pronounced, and it is like fresh cheese or yoghurt. She is supposed to become purple, but I haven't seen any purple yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back