Completed The Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition 2020 and Winner Announcements

My little forest is thriving! Can't wait for harvest , but I know I'm gonna have to! No flowering yet, doubtful that I will finish in time for competition. Still, they're so beautiful!
View attachment 1213289View attachment 1213290View attachment 1213288View attachment 1213287
Nice long sativa looking hand leaves...
What latitude are you at? I'm at the 42 and the flower time here.
I start seeing flowers on plants around August 8th respectively... So the flowering time. For most of the plants that I run starts around July 28th 27th respectively.
If the plant your runing is a long flower period plant ie sativa...then you'll see flowering more around August10th to the 15th. As it takes sativa dominant strains a little longer to show their flowers.:pass:

Nice long sativa looking hand leaves...
What latitude are you at? I'm at the 42 and the flower time here.
I start seeing flowers on plants around August 8th respectively... So the flowering time. For most of the plants that I run starts around July 28th 27th respectively.
If the plant your runing is a long flower period plant ie sativa...then you'll see flowering more around August10th to the 15th. As it takes sativa dominant strains a little longer to show their flowers.:pass:

Yes I know man, my latitude is 35. Usually i start seeing flowers around the end of July. Didn't expect to see any, dont even know why i mentioned ''no flowering yet''. The plants i'm running are supposed to be the longest photoperiod sativas so I dont expect to be finished before November. They are ace seeds tropical mix .
Was always fascinated by landrace strains (if there are any, anymore ) and I'm definitely a sativa lover. Hate couch lock.

IMG_20200714_161042.jpg

Yes I know man, my latitude is 35. Usually i start seeing flowers around the end of July. Didn't expect to see any, dont even know why i mentioned ''no flowering yet''. The plants i'm running are supposed to be the longest photoperiod sativas so I dont expect to be finished before November. They are ace seeds tropical mix .
Was always fascinated by landrace strains (if there are any, anymore ) and I'm definitely a sativa lover. Hate couch lock.

View attachment 1213311
She's a very beautiful sativa...

There's a lot of nice long-running sativas. Some Vietnamese strains and Thai strains are very long flowering sativas.
Seeing you're at the latitude of 35.. you can really run some long flowering plants.
The Neville's Haze I grew here in Michigan. I forced it to start flowering in mid-july and it still she took all the way to the 1st of November to harvest and it could have went another 2 weeks longer. But I was at the end of my growing season at that time as I didn't have a greenhouse then.

Couch lock... Make no mistake about it..A Sativa can put you in couch lock too.
Depending on what stage you harvest ie. Clear to some opaque. Few clear and more Opaque with some Amber. Opaque with a lot of Amber. Amber with very little opaque and Amber to dark Amber...Going too far dark Amber can go the other way and renders the THC lesser euphoric effects . if gone too far in some strains.
With any cannabis plant containing the cannabinoid THC will determine type of couch lock or non couch lock the plant will give you.
Some strains of cannabis do not give a good indication of Amber or non Amber.
Then you have to look at the decomposing trikes with a microscope to see what shape they're in to determine how far you've gone into the flowering process to reach couch lock status..
There's other factors to consider but those are the most common ones....
:thumbsup: :peace::pass:

@Waira
Update Hawaii Maui Waui
View attachment 1213013View attachment 1213014View attachment 1213015View attachment 1213016View attachment 1213017View attachment 1213018View attachment 1213019

So her buds are starting to fatten up now. Starting to get a little wider and developing the nice dank buds as I know this plant can produces... Buds that are so hard they're like pieces of hardwood or Rock. Very dank plant. THC is about 18% and she always produces a good harvest even though she's being shadowed by the OG Fire HB. This plant would probably be about a half again time bigger if she could have more sun. But she's holding her own and doing pretty good..
:pass:View attachment 1213340

Maui Waui brings back some good memories. Lived in Seattle in the 70's and went to a party where I had to drive on the freeway to get there and home. Got smoked up with MW and ya, the drive home was interesting. I thought I was flying on the freeway and looked at the speedometer and was doin 35mph. First sensimilla experience for me was unforgettable to say the least :dizzy:

:d5: @Growtogrow -- dude, I want to camp in your cage! :rofl: Do you provide "room" service? ....I see all of the Comp girls are making some meaty hashbats, but the BC takes the prize there! Monster calyxes too- :drool: ... Maui is still my fancy though,...:biggrin:
Just out of curiosity, what are all those dried flower looking bits I see scattered around, do you have an obnoxious tree shedding them?
opted from taking a battle plant this weekend n took down the fast buds lemon ak non battle auto but it was pretty impressive for a short auto so i wanted to share a few pics of this outdoor auto
That's one chunky chick Jean-O :kiss: - does she have lemon aroma?

@Kyote :greenthumb: girls are loving the better weather, clearly!

My little forest is thriving! Can't wait for harvest , but I know I'm gonna have to! No flowering yet, doubtful that I will finish in time for competition. Still, they're so beautiful!
:vibe: wow, it a jungle in there! For sure, that lean fingered Thai looking gal has my eye.... Hecno grew a Laotian cross that looked very similar,... I love that look, nothing like it! Send a pic to ACE, maybe they can ID it,... it's early yet, but have to started scoping for sexing yet?
We'll keep fingeres crossed mate, maybe (likely) at least one of them will finish in time,... we can probably offer a little extra finish time if it's that close....

entry Shiva's Missy 7/14
Hey all your Outdoor Amigrows!

I'm going to be joining this Outdoor Grow Battle comp very soon.
I have the okay from the mods in charge.
I started some outdoor plants months ago, all documented here on AFN (check my sig line, La Buena Hierba guerilla grow).
I just have to get out with a (very late) Battle Code.
Have it written up, just not easy to get to the site and photograph during the day.

But I'd like to slap down a couple of pics from a week ago, first is Thai Gold photo, second is Jack Herer auto, both from La Buena Hierba:

20200709 LBH Selection (3).jpg

20200709 LBH Selection (1).jpg

The Thai Gold is about 4 weeks older, taking her time.
The Jack is also taking her time for an auto, but is healthier green.

I started some outdoor plants months ago, all documented here on AFN (check my sig line, La Buena Hierba guerilla grow).
Have it written up, just not easy to get to the site and photograph during the day.

But I'd like to slap down a couple of pics from a week ago, first is Thai Gold photo, second is Jack Herer auto, both from La Buena Hierba:

Better late than not at all. Sumptin like that. :biggrin: Thai and JH yums :joy: I

@smokeyfromau --time to get harsher mate! That milk isn't doing doodly,... Potassium bicarb' is a meaner hit, and the safer type fungicides too (not neem, too stanky/oily),... You can snip off the worst leaves, they cannot be saved, all they do now is feed the fucking PM! I wish you had the Optic Foliar ATAK and Transport, that stuff hits hard and deep because of the Transport hauling the Cu into the epidermis where the PM is vampiring out nutes!
As you can see, some cultivars are rather weak against fungal attacks,... Hazes tend to be pretty tough fortunately, but this Amnesia (A Haze relative) clearly didn't get those genes- :doh:
The rest of the gang is looking beastly my man! :d5:
:d5:
Hey Waira, THanks mate i noticed the milk was not doing much. She will have no fans left, lol she is plasted badly no wonder the poor girl wilted a bit. She is pretty big for an auto also, so worth saving, be an okay yield i would expect. That sounds like something to get hold of, the OPtic Foliar ATAK. I thought of a diy bubbler to aerate the water and nuts. Yes not the best Amnesia , or she missed too much on her good genes. Thanks mate, Gang is having some issues and some new additions also to follow up. see where i can get Pbcarb from, meantime i got at the supermarket 3% hydro peroxide and bathed her in it, includ spraying the soil layer

@smokeyfromau This might be worth ago . --
One powdery mildew organic remedy is to use dilute solutions of hydrogen peroxide (9 parts water to 1 part hydrogen peroxide). Spray it on the plants thoroughly about once a week,

Read more at Gardening Know How: Powdery Mildew: Homemade And Organic Remedies https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/pl...dery-mildew-homemade-and-organic-remedies.htm
Thanks Hecno, That is good link mate, i gave it a go and isolated the PM girl, she is down the back yard and will be in the shed at night with door only slightly ajar for air for her.

Awesome news amiga ! Glad to have you aboard :smokeout::d5:

Back