Completed The Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition 2020 and Winner Announcements

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cools: :cool1::cool1::cool1:

:smokeout:Alright folks, it's time to start opening ceremonies on this years auto/photo grow competition! :smokeout:

This is year 4 of the Comp, and it's been a fun road (mostly!) to travel with growers doing their outdoor thing! Thrills, chill, and spills happen in a way that only OD growers know... It's a more relaxed contest, and is always filled with lovely plants and buds! The Comp' is open to anybody, with any genetics they wish, any grow method... Breeder and product showcasing is welcome too!
@Waira @trailanimal @TheMongol @the green bandit .. will be helping to run this contest - :thanks:

>>> shout out to past players and known interested contenders: @dankstyle J @Ribbzzy @MasonJarOG @Jean-O @SOOTDAWG @wwwillie @Jraven @Weed Warrior @daleday @hecno

:greencheck: GENERAL RULES:

- 30th Oct Final finish date

-- Any cross Auto or Photo.... Any start date, just be aware of the finish date!

-- Battle Code must be included with the germ photo and harvest photo ----> [ 2020 OD auto/photo Comp; (name); (strain); start date/harvest date ]

-- No plant in this Battle is eligible for any other Battle.

-- Only participants wishing to be included in the Final Poll need to provide preferred weekly Updates....(3/month minimum)
*(Guerilla Growers can apply to the Team Leaders for a Guerilla pass which will enable you to post updates every 2-3 weeks and still be in the Final Poll.)

-- You can select up to 3 Battle plants for the duration of the battle...in case they get eaten, ripped, destroyed, etc.,...

-- You must name your Final entry plant 2 weeks before harvest or the final Poll date.

-- Voting will consist of live bud/cola shots and dry nugg' shots (1 each) for both auto and photo' plants submitted for polling... So 4 polls total, live and dry auto, live and dry photo....
-- winners determined same way as last year: the combined votes for the auto's and photo's live and dry will be tallied to determine auto winner and photo' winner....

-- prizes TBD

-- It is acceptable for outdoor plants to be started indoor...as long as the vast majority of the plant life is outdoor.

>>> Any questions, feel free to ask! :goodluck: :karmacloud::growing::spels::growing::peace: :wiz:
I started my outdoor crop back in february and dont have germ pics can I still get in on this? I hope so it takes a few months to get em big so I start early in the year. I should be getting them in the ground outdoors in the next week or so its still snowing here in Michigan darn it....

A pic of the girls from about a month ago. I opened up my outdoor grow a bit and added a second fence around it I think I have enough room for grow space outdoors now but I incorporated my veggie garden into my weed garden this year. Last year I ran out of room in my 30x30 ft cage with 10 plants Im not having that issue this year! Fresh water out of my creek a nice silty bank to grow on full sun all day! All organic growing planted straight into the ground for peak performance of the plants! Im keeping my eye on the weather forcast waiting for the cold spell to break so I can get these girls outdoors they are quite a bit bigger now and my small indoor autoflower grow is getting overrun with photo girls.

DSCN1031.JPG
DSCN1029.JPG
DSCN0938.JPG
DSCN0944.JPG
DSCN0942.JPG
DSCN0945.JPG

Ill be throwing in a few autoflowers this year also but probably wont start them for a few more weeks!

Last edited:
:smiley1: They will thrive out there. Nice open space, good water, good soil. You're gonna grow some happy plants for sure :thumbsup:

And that tree in the background on the 5th picture, that is something else too.

I started my outdoor crop back in february and dont have germ pics can I still get in on this? I hope so it takes a few months to get em big so I start early in the year. I should be getting them in the ground outdoors in the next week or so its still snowing here in Michigan darn it....
:headbang: Of course Big J'! ...though i almost missed you because of the name and (creepy) avatar change - :rofl:
Just make your code sign up and post when the girls are established, and you have chosen your 3 horses to run just like last year... it's only at the end do you pick the single final entry plant...
You will be the lone monster garden again very likely, so that will be a treat for all! :growing::hump:
...still looks pretty chilly, fingers crossed for a fast warm up.....

Would love to give you guys some competition, but light is gonna be limited in my location.
:dammit:gaaahhhh! dammit,... Sucky to hear mate, but if anything changes the door is always open for you! :bighug:

:headbang: Of course Big J'! ...though i almost missed you because of the name and (creepy) avatar change - :rofl:
Just make your code sign up and post when the girls are established, and you have chosen your 3 horses to run just like last year... it's only at the end do you pick the single final entry plant...
You will be the lone monster garden again very likely, so that will be a treat for all! :growing::hump:
...still looks pretty chilly, fingers crossed for a fast warm up.....

:dammit:gaaahhhh! dammit,... Sucky to hear mate, but if anything changes the door is always open for you! :bighug:
Well thanks for getting at me I've been itching to get into the outdoor battle! Im hoping to have some decent size plants to show off again this year Ill just have to see if I get lucky again!!! Hopefully @Weed Warrior might change his mind and join in still this year. Its always nice to see how someone else is growing and see if they have any good ideas I can borrow! It was kinda tough getting all my amendments for the year with the lock down I had to order everything off amazon but I have everything I need for the year. The mail person thought I was crazy with my daily drop off of fertilizers for like 2 weeks lol.

:rofl: "decent size" you say, for a change?! :finger::haha: After the beating you took at harvest, I thought you were going to pots! :help:

J' what girls do you have in the queue? If I recall, you got a couple fast versions to try....:greenthumb: Me too, Red Mandarine F1FV and Green Crack FV!

I'm debating over 6 or 7 plants, all the fog of uncertainty is making it a little dicey,... soberly thinking, it should only be 4-5, but that's not gonna happen- :rofl:
RM, Ice Cool, Pineapple, F99 x Black Lime Reserve and Mimosa Champagne (if it bloody gets here) are lock-ins,... GC and NL or LavaFreeze (not here yet either) may fill out the bill....

Back