Completed The Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition 2020 and Winner Announcements

@RYCBAR I don't think anyone meant to offend you mate :bighug:......some of the most helpful/knowledgeable outdoor growers around the place are in this thread trying to impart a little bit of their knowledge to everyone, to learn from!......shoot I learn something new from this thread from the more seasoned guys all the time....my grow skills wouldn't be half what they are now without the help from most of the guys in here....we're all just trying to help everyone grow the best herb possible :pighug:

Hey @Waira I forgot to post up on my auto's this week am I still cool. I have so much going on its hard to keep up on everything. My garden is most important so Im sorry I have a ton going on and I hope Im not too lat with the auto's. I really have only 1 im interested in posting on my Black Gannie cross but.... Everyone is looking great out their this year going to be a tough season! I hope to have a season where im not too busy so I can really post up on what I do... I hate to say it but I have a HSO tester Fast Green crack that has fully auto flowered in my grow pen this year. Shit but I as I know stuff happens I have another already ready to replace it.... Fuck that messes up things for me with fast flowering seeds.. Could possibly cost me many #'s but as in mother nature things cant always be perfect but being prepared is what makes for greatness. I will make up for the auto.....
:crying: I didn't notice, but now you're busted! :naughtystep:...didn't update just a few days ago? Remember, only 3/mo is required, and if things get batshit busy there's wiggle room... Some of the "rules" are about anti-fraud/BS, which i don't sweat in this comp' much at all frankly..Too many eye's hawking down on the ladiez! :drool:... and to make sure there's fair participation which is what's it's all about anyway... Again, I got no worries!

:eek1:- huh, no shit, one of the GCFV's went fully auto on you? Well, it's a first that I've seen here, but the number of FV's run is hardly a good sample size! I don't know if HSO has made their FV's the same as Sweet does, F1's. And I can say for absolute certain the the auotflowering phenomena happens more way than 1, it is NOT just a simple double recessive Mendelian predictable deal, and nobody has ID'ed the genetics (or the exact "mechanism", how those genes are expressed) behind it,.... just the results from breeding, even spontaneous occurrence in landrace populations. I know a few private breeders that have had F1 auto x photo crosses show auto'ing on them, and have had 2 happen with me with their seeds! "Technically" impossible, right? Thus the questioning of the mechanism behind it...
An old member Tobe received landrace PNG seeds, grew them out ina tent under 20/4, and had a few go into flower! Something in equatorial varieties I'd wager, other similar things have been reported by some breeders I met at another forum...
Anyway, odd shit like that can happen, but I'd check in with HSO-Mark regardless, feedback like that is crucial to the breeders to track... It's one thing I love about Sweet, they date and lot# every pack! If there's trouble, it can help everybody out...:thumbsup:
Somehow, in that jungle you have going, I can't help feel this little hiccup hardly made you blink- :rofl: ... it's literally a first for me Jean-O, but knowing how mysterious auto'ing is, it was a matter of time right?

Ok - Was hoping this forum would be different...

If this is what I can expect from mods here, then ill show myself the door.

Can remove me from the comp.

Cheers
:jointman: it is mate, you've been here since '16,... I can see a bit why GTG's response came off a bit heavy handed, but some folks simply type the way they talk. What's missing is tone, inflection, all the other nuances that context and temper the words... GTG is not mean ever, or he'd never have been made staff,...but can be country-boy blunt (something I rather don't mind :rofl:)...100% positive no ill will projected here!
For what it's worth, I would have said a similar thing about foliars and various nutrient and pest related applications.....:shrug:

Last edited:
Update (because I’m bored lol): the one I broke lots of roots from, on the left in the picture, seems to be ok, she’s not grown as much as her sister (presuming they’re ladies until they prove me wrong). I guess she’s just sorting out stuff underground at the moment. I’ve also put some chicken wire cages around them. Don’t know why, but I’ve seen lots of you more experienced outdoor growers do this and I’m guessing it makes training branches easier and helps prevent them being eaten by anything bigger than a rat :biggrin:
CC9FFF7B-5453-46DD-8CD4-3B133E853D4C.jpeg

Update (because I’m bored lol): the one I broke lots of roots from, on the left in the picture, seems to be ok, she’s not grown as much as her sister (presuming they’re ladies until they prove me wrong). I guess she’s just sorting out stuff underground at the moment. I’ve also put some chicken wire cages around them. Don’t know why, but I’ve seen lots of you more experienced outdoor growers do this and I’m guessing it makes training branches easier and helps prevent them being eaten by anything bigger than a rat :biggrin:
View attachment 1196264
Looks good .. I dig the astronaut dude. The space-age garden gnome :pass:

entry 4-d Rock 5/29
Well here we go. My hats thrown in the ring.
114729FD-360B-4C8F-B704-A95ADEB33807.jpeg

Seeds dropped in glasses of water on May 23, popped from soil on May 28.

Battle Plants include:
Sweet Seeds Cream Manderine XL
Mephisto Genetics Fantasmo Express
Mephisto Genetics Fugue State

They’ll be spending the first week or so in these transplant cups inside and then will be put into 3 or 5gal fabric pots to live on the deck.

We’ll see how the weather fairs, they are calling for nightime lows tonight of 1C, Brrr. But should be the last of the cold weather here (fingers crossed).

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cools: :cool1::cool1::cool1:

:smokeout:Alright folks, it's time to start opening ceremonies on this years auto/photo grow competition! :smokeout:

This is year 4 of the Comp, and it's been a fun road (mostly!) to travel with growers doing their outdoor thing! Thrills, chill, and spills happen in a way that only OD growers know... It's a more relaxed contest, and is always filled with lovely plants and buds! The Comp' is open to anybody, with any genetics they wish, any grow method... Breeder and product showcasing is welcome too!
@Waira @trailanimal @TheMongol @the green bandit .. will be helping to run this contest - :thanks:

>>> shout out to past players and known interested contenders: @dankstyle J @Ribbzzy @MasonJarOG @Jean-O @SOOTDAWG @wwwillie @Jraven @Weed Warrior @daleday @hecno

:greencheck: GENERAL RULES:

- 30th Oct Final finish date

-- Any cross Auto or Photo.... Any start date, just be aware of the finish date!

-- Battle Code must be included with the germ photo and harvest photo ----> [ 2020 OD auto/photo Comp; (name); (strain); start date/harvest date ]

-- No plant in this Battle is eligible for any other Battle.

-- Only participants wishing to be included in the Final Poll need to provide preferred weekly Updates....(3/month minimum)
*(Guerilla Growers can apply to the Team Leaders for a Guerilla pass which will enable you to post updates every 2-3 weeks and still be in the Final Poll.)

-- You can select up to 3 Battle plants for the duration of the battle...in case they get eaten, ripped, destroyed, etc.,...

-- You must name your Final entry plant 2 weeks before harvest or the final Poll date.

-- Voting will consist of live bud/cola shots and dry nugg' shots (1 each) for both auto and photo' plants submitted for polling... So 4 polls total, live and dry auto, live and dry photo....
-- winners determined same way as last year: the combined votes for the auto's and photo's live and dry will be tallied to determine auto winner and photo' winner....

-- prizes TBD

-- It is acceptable for outdoor plants to be started indoor...as long as the vast majority of the plant life is outdoor.

>>> Any questions, feel free to ask! :goodluck: :karmacloud::growing::spels::growing::peace: :wiz:

>>>>> current contestants ---->
-- Jpkindbud -- [5/4]

-- Growtogrow

-- Hecno

-- Jean-O

-- DMHeights

-- Quentin
Hallo! I
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cools: :cool1::cool1::cool1:

:smokeout:Alright folks, it's time to start opening ceremonies on this years auto/photo grow competition! :smokeout:

This is year 4 of the Comp, and it's been a fun road (mostly!) to travel with growers doing their outdoor thing! Thrills, chill, and spills happen in a way that only OD growers know... It's a more relaxed contest, and is always filled with lovely plants and buds! The Comp' is open to anybody, with any genetics they wish, any grow method... Breeder and product showcasing is welcome too!
@Waira @trailanimal @TheMongol @the green bandit .. will be helping to run this contest - :thanks:

>>> shout out to past players and known interested contenders: @dankstyle J @Ribbzzy @MasonJarOG @Jean-O @SOOTDAWG @wwwillie @Jraven @Weed Warrior @daleday @hecno

:greencheck: GENERAL RULES:

- 30th Oct Final finish date

-- Any cross Auto or Photo.... Any start date, just be aware of the finish date!

-- Battle Code must be included with the germ photo and harvest photo ----> [ 2020 OD auto/photo Comp; (name); (strain); start date/harvest date ]

-- No plant in this Battle is eligible for any other Battle.

-- Only participants wishing to be included in the Final Poll need to provide preferred weekly Updates....(3/month minimum)
*(Guerilla Growers can apply to the Team Leaders for a Guerilla pass which will enable you to post updates every 2-3 weeks and still be in the Final Poll.)

-- You can select up to 3 Battle plants for the duration of the battle...in case they get eaten, ripped, destroyed, etc.,...

-- You must name your Final entry plant 2 weeks before harvest or the final Poll date.

-- Voting will consist of live bud/cola shots and dry nugg' shots (1 each) for both auto and photo' plants submitted for polling... So 4 polls total, live and dry auto, live and dry photo....
-- winners determined same way as last year: the combined votes for the auto's and photo's live and dry will be tallied to determine auto winner and photo' winner....

-- prizes TBD

-- It is acceptable for outdoor plants to be started indoor...as long as the vast majority of the plant life is outdoor.

>>> Any questions, feel free to ask! :goodluck: :karmacloud::growing::spels::growing::peace: :wiz:

>>>>> current contestants ---->
-- Jpkindbud -- [5/4]

-- Growtogrow

-- Hecno

-- Jean-O

-- DMHeights

-- Quentin
Hallo! I m new in this forum, but i wish to join the FIRENDSHIP battle. The problem is that i am a bot advanced in the growing phases, my country allow me to dig the gilrs early so now it s almost early flowering phase. Hope to learn a lot form you

Some nice strain choices mate :d5:.....they are two of my favorites from the meph stable!....the crystal covered nuggets from the fugue state in late bloom is a magical sight :wiz:.....the buzz from both is fantastic :dizzy::goodluck:
View attachment 1196311

Battle Plants include:

They’ll be spending the first week or so in these transplant cups inside and then will be put into 3 or 5gal fabric pots to live on the deck.

We’ll see how the weather fairs, they are calling for nightime lows tonight of 1C, Brrr. But should be the last of the cold weather here (fingers crossed).

Some nice strain choices mate :d5:.....they are two of my favorites from the meph stable!....the crystal covered nuggets from the fugue state in late bloom is a magical sight :wiz:.....the buzz from both is fantastic :dizzy::goodluck:

Thanks, I‘ll do my best to do them justice. Let’s hope the weather does the same.

View attachment 1196311

Battle Plants include:

:greencheck:....:yeahthat: All solid cultivars man! FEx and FS treated me very very well- :baked:... FEx can be pretty zippy-trippy if you get a Haze leaning pheno'; nice aromatics, lemony/floral/sweet/incense blend.... FS was sharper and a mild creamy-peppery notes, very resinous where it counts most!
CM is a classic, I've not run her yet but never heard a sour note on that one- :thumbsup:

Back