Completed The Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition 2020 and Winner Announcements

@Waira said

past a point there's no stopping it, even GP isn't mold-proof! Like I said, be sure to get a good live pic while you can, dry is not a worry,... you need both to get into the polls!
Cool retards nutrient mobility, along with everything else, and it's certainly possible to have a slower pheno',...
If she's ripe enough mate, you can break her down into smaller buds, course trimmed, and into paper bags... a single layer, not crowded, and keep it as close to decent room T and RH% as possible (65-70F, about 40-55% RH%)

Yep, just what it is. I found rot on the other one as well. I went heavy defoliation on her as the weather is turning to the fall cool, wet, rainy season that ends in May if we are lucky.

I checked the trichs, and the upper buds are a bit farther along than I thought, so it won't all end up in the edible pile. At least there will be a bit that isn't speed racer stuff. I'm good with it and now I know a bit more about my outdoor season here.

I'll try the paper bag method if I need to. See if I can create more hanging space first.

I'll get a picture or two tonight as this last girl could come down anytime now.

57981FD4-7415-4FE8-AE04-B4B6D04C562E.jpeg
BEC9A8C7-70BC-4396-8409-251E121C83CE.jpeg
CDA7DB32-36E5-4E7D-AB5D-BDE2B1D84A3E.jpeg

@Waira the JB is kind of disappointing and probably should have proped her up for a few more weeks. I’m sure I’ll be able to get some okay photos but not comp worthy. Pretty loose and lots of shrinkage.

The gorilla above is doing well and survived the rains well and the sunny weather should make for an interesting finish in croptober.

So, after 3 consecutive days of frost, most of the fans are browning and dying. The flowers look ok but with 3-4 weeks left... prob not gonna make it... may have to chop em and salvage what i can. Oh the joys of outdoor growing! And the rest of this week is supposed to be beautiful weather!
5E3FCFC9-71FE-4487-8063-B680B819C0F3.jpeg
E3D106C9-A49B-41E9-A2B1-0B7B9192A398.jpeg
64AA4F98-122D-4D6A-A29B-D2C1AAF3A569.jpeg
D294E628-A289-4F10-9FD3-9F109584CB14.jpeg
90C3CFDA-4386-4F62-9A5C-3DB482B0332D.jpeg
A7F8EF4C-DD4B-4059-A389-9F6F505658C4.jpeg

So are they goners? Will they fatten up? Most of the small fans are still alive. Only the large ones that were on their way out were fully damaged. Could i strip the large fans and let it grow?

I would keep em going, especially if you have some good temperatures and sun in the forecast. If you expect more cold temps at night, I suggest a heavy mulch over the roots and make sure the root zone is damp. I've had plants in hard frosts before in September and October and kept at it. I would defoliate the dead leaves for sure, and check closely for BR as well. Good luck to you and hope you get a few more weeks under them.

I would keep em going, especially if you have some good temperatures and sun in the forecast. If you expect more cold temps at night, I suggest a heavy mulch over the roots and make sure the root zone is damp. I've had plants in hard frosts before in September and October and kept at it. I would defoliate the dead leaves for sure, and check closely for BR as well. Good luck to you and hope you get a few more weeks under them.
Thanks @Kyote yeah last night of cold was sun night. Only supposed to drop to 40 F tonight and nothing lower than 53 for like six days!

Thanks @Kyote yeah last night of cold was sun night. Only supposed to drop to 40 F tonight and nothing lower than 53 for like six days!

And at this point, what do you have to lose? The buds will either get a bit bigger and mature, or they won't and stay about where they are now. Only thing I would really watch for is BR, as that is a bud killer. When I lived in North Central Washington State and grew outdoors for 5 years, only once did I harvest before the end of October. Pushed them as long as I could there. And there are a lot of commercial growers in the area who did the same.

So, after 3 consecutive days of frost, most of the fans are browning and dying. The flowers look ok but with 3-4 weeks left... prob not gonna make it... may have to chop em and salvage what i can. Oh the joys of outdoor growing! And the rest of this week is supposed to be beautiful weather!

Hola @Jpkindbud !

I agree with @Kyote -- what do you have to lose?
My Thai Gold lost almost all her fans and some inner leaves, too, mainly due to the acid rain here (pH like 4.5-5.0).
But those colas just kept on going.
Would have been better with fans, but the end result was still pretty good.
Especially if you say some sunny weather is coming up.
I'd remove the dead leaves, or at least trim them though, coz you don't want dead leaves inviting you-know-what.
All the best for the for the final end-run!!!!

Back