Completed The Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition 2020 and Winner Announcements

Got up at 5 AM this morning to make some bubble hash and went outside with my first cup of coffee to find a very heavy frost everywhere I was wondering why my heater kicked on last night when it was set to 45 deg F. Thankfully at least their is no rain in the forecast for the next few weeks and some warmer weather coming. Never seen nothing about frost in the weather though. Good thing I have some good sized plants going a few heavy frost wont bother them a bit. Maybe some purple Michigan outdoor bud for me this year!

Update day- woke up and went to feed the girls... got frost last night... not heavy but frost the same. Only getting to 58F today but all sun so hoping they make it through!
131138D0-3414-47C1-A259-E8BF4991057B.jpeg
E239BA18-CCB3-4B98-B17A-3635D3585B94.jpeg
09F0BFE6-AB1F-4F44-94D9-0DACEC41C4B4.jpeg
4101ED75-8D1D-413F-BCE9-9947437C3F2E.jpeg
B0F7DBA4-9B83-4582-8BEF-A13F933C177A.jpeg
7B566C74-5C52-4D8E-93C5-7DED5E070FCC.jpeg
8E8D4271-9886-4AC6-AB0D-0AEE26560E03.jpeg
EDBBE6B2-16D1-469A-AFBC-AF9AFAB53CF4.jpeg
2D803C4F-71AB-4343-AA19-ABC8197A4426.jpeg
83A4E983-1223-42E6-A95E-953CA77036A0.jpeg
B2541044-760A-475D-83A5-09906D5A9998.jpeg
B42D99E0-720E-475F-ABEC-C72DEE5A8D8B.jpeg
First 4 are AP, second 4 are GG, and white widow hidden in her low light cubby didnt get touched by frost at all!

@Waira

Down to one now as I had to chop the other Thursday night due to continuing rot. :wall: I checked each bud after chopping before hanging to dry and found 3 more buds that were toast. I would have preferred going another week with it yet nature said nope. :nono:

I'm not seeing any fast flowering on the final Green Poison. Weather has been counterproductive for flowers though going on two weeks now. Will see how she holds up and take her as long as I can. :shrug:

No night pics this week as it looks like rain coming :help: EDIT the sun came out again so I gave a thorough exam and cut out 4 buds that had rot. I can't chop it as I have no place to dry until the first one is done hanging. So open to any suggestions about that.
IMG_3280.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

I did a little top cut on this one a few weeks ago for some back building.
IMG_3282.JPG

And a closer up. A ways to go
co.jpg

That's all folks for this week. Happy growing and good vibes all :smokeout:

Last edited:
@Waira and all, My photoperiod Black Domina (Pet Chicken) clone that I harvested last week is dry. The dry weight is 6.7 ounces with about a half ounce of trim. That is great because I usually get much less from growing indoors in 5 gallon buckets I have not grown smoke outdoors in 30 years. In the jar it gives off a peppery earthy aroma, very smooth and tasty with nice sized nugs. Ya it got cold here too I put the Stardawg and Alpine delight in the garage and borrowed my neighbors umbrella to help keep the freeze off my other Black Domina that is in the ground. It worked. All organic :baked:

Attachments

• jars.JPG
    jars.JPG
    293.8 KB · Views: 100
  • buds on trays.JPG
    buds on trays.JPG
    293.8 KB · Views: 103
  • buds on glass.JPG
    buds on glass.JPG
    363.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Stardawg.JPG
    Stardawg.JPG
    344.9 KB · Views: 99
  • umbrella day.JPG
    umbrella day.JPG
    368 KB · Views: 111
  • Alpine delight.JPG
    Alpine delight.JPG
    350.8 KB · Views: 104
:headbang: :clapper: Alright, another one cross the finish line in good fettle- :d5:

:thumbsup: Buds look very good 4D, FS is spot-on for appearance and frosting ... I really enjoyed mine, and her interesting aroma profile. You getting anything like a light peppery/spice and creamy notes to her aroma?
CM came out classic Sweet, solid and gummy!
..shrinkage! :crying: ...I hate when that happens, it's a mystery to me why some practically evaporate away, and others hold their bulk notably better... I suspect that at least in part, it's a water content thing....

OK mate, you need to pick one for your official Poll entry, recall one live and one dry bud shot.... let me know so i can snag the pic and put it in the staff thread ,... :cheers: -- great to have you along 4D, Cheers and good luck!

You got it spot on @Waira , the Fugue State definitely has a peppery/creamy note to it. Smokes quite nice and has a good heady buzz.
Cream mandarin has more of a floral/citrus smell.

Here are the two pics of the Fugue State recalled for the vote. I'm happy about the live shot, unfortunately the buds weren't the most photogenic on this one. Oh well, was fun to compete in my first battle. I'm sure there will be more!
IMG_8577.JPG

IMG_8586.JPG

Jamaica Berry toppled.. didn’t take any live bud shots because I was harvesting in the rain.... as soon as it drip dries a little. But here’s the top 7ft of herView attachment 1234811View attachment 1234812
Holy fekballs! I can see why you just whacked her- :rofl:

Bloody crap weather- :cuss: ,,, fingers crossed for a better stretch to finish on mate! :goodluck: :karmacloud:
Your previous message got garbled... :confused1: LOL! .... MC is going to be a treat! Only a little bit of mold here and there, even with so few BotryStop treatments... She'll be down this week coming, and has a sweet berry candy and kinda menthol aroma - :drool:... she's gonna be an easy trim, labor-wise I think, but the resin load will make it a gummy mess!

@Waira update on the Dinafem Blue Widow. She is stacking heavy and fast should finish around the 9th of October ish if I can keep her healthy till then or weather permitting... She is heavy and big should be a fun harvest for sure. She is getting a nice piney smell and some blueberry soft undertones. I should see some stacks on her in a few more weeks she is already looking real nice....
Up on my ladder getting some pics of the tops today!
:headbang: That's what I'm talkin' about! ....I'd say she's going to be your entry queen, so be sure to get some great last pics of her when ready! She looks very resinous, and night flash pics will show her to best advantage- :pimp:
A bit of cold T's should see some coloring up on her,...

Update day- woke up and went to feed the girls... got frost last night... not heavy but frost the same. Only getting to 58F today but all sun so hoping they make i
:yoinks: whoa, that's a pretty heavy coat Jp, did they recover OK? I hope conditions improve enough to get you across the finish line - :goodluck: :karmacloud:

Down to one now as I had to chop the other Thursday night due to continuing rot. :wall: I checked each bud after chopping before hanging to dry and found 3 more buds that were toast. I would have preferred going another week with it yet nature said nope. :nono:

I'm not seeing any fast flowering on the final Green Poison. Weather has been counterproductive for flowers though going on two weeks now. Will see how she holds up and take her as long as I can. :shrug:

No night pics this week as it looks like rain coming :help: EDIT the sun came out again so I gave a thorough exam and cut out 4 buds that had rot. I can't chop it as I have no place to dry until the first one is done hanging. So open to any suggestions about that.
:doh: ... past a point there's no stopping it, even GP isn't mold-proof! Like I said, be sure to get a good live pic while you can, dry is not a worry,... you need both to get into the polls!
Cool retards nutrient mobility, along with eveything else, and it's certainly possible to have a slower pheno',...
If she's ripe enough mate, you can break her down into smaller buds, course trimmed, and into paper bags... a single layer, not crowded, and keep it as close to decent room T and RH% as possible (65-70F, about 40-55% RH%)

Back