Completed The Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition 2020 and Winner Announcements

Man the forbidden is not big but a early cut and barely 6 day dried was incrediable.

This is 2 week after the first sample. Glad i made a clone early.
20200924_083223.jpg
20200924_083001.jpg

Went and saw the girls today... To be honest they look like they'll make it for now. I hate to do it but frequent visits are a must. Middle of next week they are calling for coldest temps we've had so lower than 31F! Might have to call it before then. Glad I got the white widow... Notsoquite stealth behind house with very little direct sun. She wasn't touched by frost or cold at all. She may go til after chopdate. WW,AP, AP,AP,GG,GG,GG,WW,WW
KIMG0281.JPG
KIMG0272.JPG
KIMG0274.JPG
KIMG0275.JPG
KIMG0276.JPG
KIMG0277.JPG
KIMG0278.JPG
KIMG0279.JPG
KIMG0280.JPG

After 2 days of rain. Had to tie some branches and the mains up to the fence a little. Here’s a peak
1A4A1614-6CEA-45BF-A2C6-40FD4E53B1E6.jpeg

A little branch I trimmed off the Jamaica Berry. Trimmed off a touch of bud rotting but still smelling nice.loose hazy stuff...
908587E3-8CEC-42FB-BC41-D1F6AA445898.jpeg

Went and saw the girls today... To be honest they look like they'll make it for now. I hate to do it but frequent visits are a must. Middle of next week they are calling for coldest temps we've had so lower than 31F! Might have to call it before then. Glad I got the white widow... Notsoquite stealth behind house with very little direct sun. She wasn't touched by frost or cold at all. She may go til after chopdate. WW,AP, AP,AP,GG,GG,GG,WW,WW

Great, they still look like they have plenty of life in them!
There's only one kind of "frost" we like around here.... :p

After 2 days of rain. Had to tie some branches and the mains up to the fence a little. Here’s a peak

A little branch I trimmed off the Jamaica Berry. Trimmed off a touch of bud rotting but still smelling nice.loose hazy stuff...

Nice buds. They look a lot like my Thai Gold .... except your whole plant is about 100 times the size, haha!!
Any berry flavors coming through?

Great, they still look like they have plenty of life in them!
There's only one kind of "frost" we like around here.... :p

Nice buds. They look a lot like my Thai Gold .... except your whole plant is about 100 times the size, haha!!
Any berry flavors coming through?
Thanks Shiva ! I like to grow large plants and these did the trick this year. I definitely plan on growing the Gorilla again but maybe the fast version or auto. I have some seeds for some Hawaiian strains that get big that I plan on trying next year. But will definitely build a better commercial type cage or restrict their size a little by using some airpots or rain science bags.

Saturday morning feed, girls still looking good. I see no bud rot or pm or any of that so I'll count myself "lucky?" So far... AP and GG got their last full spectrum feed today. Only Bud Explosion and molasses for them from here on out til flush... White Widow is trucking along with no signs of damage or slowing... She won't be dense.
KIMG0291.JPG
KIMG0282.JPG
my phone puts all my pics in random order...
KIMG0283.JPG
KIMG0294.JPG
KIMG0285.JPG
KIMG0296.JPG
KIMG0286.JPG
KIMG0297.JPG
KIMG0299.JPG
KIMG0289.JPG
KIMG0290.JPG
KIMG0301.JPG

Saturday morning feed, girls still looking good. I see no bud rot or pm or any of that so I'll count myself "lucky?" So far... AP and GG got their last full spectrum feed today. Only Bud Explosion and molasses for them from here on out til flush... White Widow is trucking along with no signs of damage or slowing... She won't be dense.View attachment 1237266View attachment 1237267my phone puts all my pics in random order...View attachment 1237268View attachment 1237269View attachment 1237270View attachment 1237271View attachment 1237272View attachment 1237273View attachment 1237274View attachment 1237275View attachment 1237276View attachment 1237277
GG,AP,AP,GG,AP,WW,AP,WW,WW,GG,GG,WW

@Waira Blue Widow update. She is very close to the end I grabbed me a few test branches off the btm a few days ago and dried em out, smoking them this morning and wow! After the dry she got very skunky. The aroma has completely changed which I am glad about she was dull and mild outdoors real soft but this morning breaking open a bud she is very skunky super loud and gassy. The buzz is still smooth and feels like a day time smoke kinda creative but energetic. Ill be starting to havest her next weekend she looks to hold between 3 and 4 lbs of bud on her so she will probably take a week or so to fully bring down as I also have 6 other bigger plants ill be starting harvest on next week also. I did end up crossing this girl to a gorilla glue, a gorilla glue #10 (gluex), my prized cbd pheno the powerhouse cbd( a massive plant already) and the OG cheese got hit with some pollen from her also. I really liked the stance of this girl and I hope I can bring some of her size into some of my other crosses. I love growing big huge bushy plants!
DSCN1547.JPG
DSCN1548.JPG
DSCN1555.JPG
DSCN1556.JPG

Just for fun a few pics of my Powerhouse CBD ( Blue Cheese x ACDC CBD) this plant might be the plant to finally break the 5lb mark ive been trying to hit for years! She is going to need to go till late October though to get me to some solid weight she has at least 3 weeks left but luckily she is very healthy and resistant to pest and disease so far and the cold 40 deg. F nights don't seem to bother her much. Next year I have to bring my cage game up to date though. small cages and trellis netting are kinda outdated for what Im trying to do now a days. Im going to drop some $ next year and get some pig fence and do some professional caging and hopefully that will get me to where I want to go with my grow style. Big Massive Loud Trees.
DSCN1544.JPG

You can see some of the tape holding her together in the top pic lol. All of the outdoor girls are taped and tied together lol. That branch was completely broken off a few weeks ago I put some clone jell on her and tied and taped it back to the tree and its still banging away at bud!
DSCN1566.JPG

@Waira Weekwee update

It's all over now until next year outdoors. In this climate, I doubt if I'll try another FF version of photos, as even the FV's aren't fast enough. I did enjoy growing the Green Poison though. If the ten days of smoke, no breeze and high humidity during late flower would have been sunshine instead, it would have been the perfect finish. I found maybe 2 ounces of bad buds during examination before hanging to dry.

Family says thanks and see you indoors pretty soon. :thanks:
926.JPG

IMG_3295.JPG

I went at her like scissorhands :tang: before chopping. She came down soon after the photos were snapped.
chop code.jpg

Thanks to everyone who participated in this competition. It has been a good time. :d5:

See you indoors in a few weeks with the tent up and running again. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back