Photography The Macro Thread

hi thanx ! that's a good price for a cannon ! I have a lumix tz70 30 x zoom and I wish the zoom was far longer on it !

@Mossy look at canon's power shots. true point and shoot cameras one zoom total and settings you use and point n shoot. that simple. SLR's are more complex usually even entry level ones. few are true point and shoot with DLSR's really. unless its fully suto and any photographer will tell you to get off the auto settings. so a power shot seems perfect for you. 200USD to around 4 or 600 USD. they range and was looking at them the other day cuz Im getting a new camera myself. i would look at those personally

Canon Powershot SX420 20MP 42x Zoom Bridge Camera - Red

It was Exactly what I was looking at @Eyes on Fire :headbang: £129 in the non-existant Argos sale but around £188 on Amazon..which is quite a price difference.

I've sent them a mail asking if they are getting them in or if they are just false advertising..:coffee:

Fuji make decent bridge cameras but you can get an entry level DSLR for similar money these days, then you just need a macro lens.... I use a Nikon D3300 http://www.tobydeals.com/en_GB/prod...Czw-gyaSISOnW30mBRc1HAAq1KyW1-8CA4aAkKz8P8HAQ and a Nikon 40mm macro lens http://www.tobydeals.com/en_GB/prod...nCNlyebH_RMf7RNcivfA_vLjy9wb5jiCYQaAjfW8P8HAQ these are both entry level and you can take pretty nice close ups.

I don't keep up to date any more but I'm sure Fuji led the way with super macro modes that focus down to as little as 1cm from the lens (when set to it's widest zoom). I too would expect they would still be up there with the best in class as they have quite a following with bug hunters and are often used with Raynox conversion lenses and a DIY flash setup to great effect.

Nothing against Nikon or entry level macro lenses (far from it as entry level can mean simple and that can mean better at some things) but Canon make the MP-E 65mm 1-5x macro for more advanced budgets and it makes shooting close ups like this (or even closer!) as easy as it can be.....

rpa2512.jpg

drf0211-6.jpg

Pics of plants whilst growing above and dry bud shots below....

rpabud-2.jpg

ddabud-2.jpg

hodbud-2.jpg

drfbud-2.jpg

......that lens with an appropriate flash is pretty much point and shoot.......you just have to point very carefully:smoking:

mhash2901-3.jpg

....so if you are going to buy into a DSLR system my recommendation would be Canon because nobody else makes a lens like it and it's really good for photographing weed with.:smoking:
:pass:

yeah I saw one for about 600 USD that went from roughly 20mm to all the way upto 600mm comparable zooming. now thats something else LOL point n shoot easy with that? few cameras have that ease of use ime. I have a Nikon D40 will have a cannon 70D i think not sure what Im going to buy. or even that power shot oi mentioned. badass point and shoot ease. for entry level? imho canon pwer shot is where its at. Fuji and Pentax also make stellar products but the ease of use of quality has always lured my to a buy.

does anyone have a Panasonic lumix FZ72 and could recommend it ! i have researched lots of reviews on this bridge type and it seems good but i never know what to believe on reviews

I have went ahead and took the plunge and got a used 1 of ebay ! £189 , the watchers were growing all the time onit , and another 1 had bids in less good condition an more price ! that's my christmass present in yay ! im glad i havnt spent my Christmas money on crap an hope to get many years use out of :)

the Lumix cameras are decent no doubt. problem is,is with many so called off or more off the wall brands they lack in lens upgrades typically. like pentax for example and lumix,sony and others. nice piece,will do fine for simple photography imo. I just watched a review on them not a few days ago LOL!

these are the two I have been tossing around HUGE since I need to buy a camera in about a week LOL!

Amazon product

Amazon product

you'll note that the tamron lens is long AND has a macro setting. I wanna see how its effected with + lenses mayhbe 1-4 or even 10 and see what we see WITH the long tube :D weeeeee

Back