Fast Buds The Elvis grows Girl Scout cookies!

I put these all in 1gal pots because as I mentioned I am running 10 plants total. I did expect more height though and I have ET Dragons and Afghan Kush Ryders that went 23" and 24", but the GSC stayed at about 14" and today will be day 44. I may have shortened them inadvertently by keeping the lights to close initially. I am still getting used to having 3 300w rated LED's in my 4'x4' tent and I tend to keep em pretty close to the canopy. I need to keep some more distance during the first 4 weeks to induce some stretch. I think. Does that sound right.

1 gallon pots are just not going to grow big plants. There is not enough space to build a big root mass or hold enough water for a big girl.

Yeah, I knew that going in, and did it on purpose. But I have had numerous plants go up to 1M in 1 gal pots. It just becomes more like a hydro hybrid grow with waterings every 12hrs. Dinafems OG Kush auto was the last auto I had go big in 1gal, but I currently have a photo Dinafem Shark Shock CBD clone at 1M in a 1gal pot. She is getting 1L of water/nutrients every 12 hrs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I didn't get a whole tent of monsters. I wanted variety and thankfully it has been a walk in the park.

You may want to run a passive wick system with the one gallons. Would let you water much more effortlessly. I hear you on the overcrowding problem. I am going to start using co2 on autos soon and have no clue how big they will get then. Only one way to find out.

This has been an awesome read. I look forward to seeing future progress with this and future grows @Elvis. Keep up the hard work man.

Thank ya very much brudda!!
eimages.jpg

I put these all in 1gal pots because as I mentioned I am running 10 plants total. I did expect more height though and I have ET Dragons and Afghan Kush Ryders that went 23" and 24", but the GSC stayed at about 14" and today will be day 44. I may have shortened them inadvertently by keeping the lights to close initially. I am still getting used to having 3 300w rated LED's in my 4'x4' tent and I tend to keep em pretty close to the canopy. I need to keep some more distance during the first 4 weeks to induce some stretch. I think. Does that sound right.

If you want to you can knock a big hole in the bottom of your 1 gallon and stack it top of another 1 gallon pot full of fresh soil. those auto roots will go straight down and the plants will get bigger!!:pass:

It's really neat that you say that. I have been seeing more people on youtube using this form of growing. In theory it looks like it may give support and possibly faster recovery from transplanting. I've been doing my research on TLO and it's really neat method to growing. I get the concept behind the, "feeding the soil; rather than feeding the plant." I know that there is going to be a learning curve to say if you were to use a 3G pot fill 1.5G with super soil (Moonshine's FF recipe) and the 1G or so with a organic base soil. If you don't mind, can I receive your opinion on this? Thanks bro.

It's really neat that you say that. I have been seeing more people on youtube using this form of growing. In theory it looks like it may give support and possibly faster recovery from transplanting. I've been doing my research on TLO and it's really neat method to growing. I get the concept behind the, "feeding the soil; rather than feeding the plant." I know that there is going to be a learning curve to say if you were to use a 3G pot fill 1.5G with super soil (Moonshine's FF recipe) and the 1G or so with a organic base soil. If you don't mind, can I receive your opinion on this? Thanks bro.

they are way better organic growers on here. I use AN nutes not very organic.. look around here there are some killer soil threads

Back