DIY Television Armoire Grow Box aka BayLee420 goes Stealth

Listen up fellas.....so this talk about a DYI cabinet grow off. I got my little box that started out as a 36" wide kitchen sink base unit. I have added to it's height, another 12" on top of what in this picture.Would it fit the rules? I think it's floor is 22"x35". Sporting 4" HV fan, CAN carbon filter and a pair of MarsHydro 300w old model LED's. I would be game for a no holds barred any grow media(soil or hydro), any light set up Mephisto GROW THROW DOWN!

View attachment 536752
Yes.

The only construction requirement is that it MUST look like a piece of home furnishing from the outside. Home made cabinets, DYI put together furniture (Sauder Woodworking, Ikea), refrigerators, file cabinets, office funiture...it must look like the original piece w/o any clue from the outside that it's a ganja grow box. Tents are disqualified unless it's a tent not intended to grow weed in.

Mephisto Genetics (Preferred) but any seed bank, breeder will be allowed
Any light source, LED, CFL, MH, HPS
Hydro set ups of any kind, Soil, Coco
No limit on how many plants in one grow space
Any size growing container of any material.

Cannot stress this enough...The "Cabinet" must look legit...no hack jobs.

Last edited:
Mephisto GROW THROW DOWN!
Although I'd like to have a total Mephisto Genetics Smack Down.. I am going to allow any seed bank or breeder strain. Gotta be fair. As long as the cabinet is stealth. I don't mind what beans anyone pops.

Here is my cab just about nailed down. Need a little more light block on left door outside but that's easy to do. Here is outside and inside. 4 pots just waiting for seeds I dropped in water today so hopefully put in their new home tomorrow after work.
73de9fcd2c7e8a7e21985ac9d926da97.jpg
8fe8db31d50c73ef1997f8ed04e0309b.jpg

:WTF:

That's unbelievable...Perfect....Speechless....

Now that's what I am talking about. You have to so proud of yourself. Beautiful.

Your doors slide into the cabinet or fold back?
How's the exhaust port going?

:WTF:

That's unbelievable...Perfect....Speechless....
Thanks!! I think I need to add some Mylar to the sides still but that's an easy fix...
The new intake is strong enough now to hold a sheet of paper to the outside...that's what I needed.

Thanks!! I think I need to add some Mylar to the sides still but that's an easy fix...
The new intake is strong enough now to hold a sheet of paper to the outside...that's what I needed.

You are gonna just love working with this new set up. It's better looking than mine.

I don't know about that but i appreciate the kind words. The doors do slide in but I won't slide them now that when i use it for growing.

Intake and exhaust working great!! Keeps temps where they should be now. Super stoked [emoji41]

I don't know about that but i appreciate the kind words. The doors do slide in but I won't slide them now that when i use it for growing.

Intake and exhaust working great!! Keeps temps where they should be now. Super stoked [emoji41]
You made it look easy.

I believe @Chester has a grow space made out of a U-Haul wardrobe.

Last edited:
Me too...
Really makes me feel good to see one of my ideas being used. It really does. Now that AFN has two qualified DYI Stealth Cabinet Growers we should get some kinda of badge.
I'll take a badge...but just knowing I made something like this from something someone was giving away - and only cost me about $20 in new parts - is all I need. That and a few ounces of meds [emoji12]

Back