Grow Room Enviromental control heat issue

The exhaust is in the top front corner and the passive intake is in the lower back corner. The room temp fluctuates but stays cooler due to being in the basement. It's reading about 72F in the basement atm.
For spare parts I have 4" duct fans (2 of them) rated at 100cfm but with no variable speed control and a 4" inline duct fan rated at 195cfm w/ the variable speed control to play with.
Do you think popping a forced air intake in next to the passive would help or replacing should i try replacing the passive with a forced air? I just took the 100cfm inake out when I installed the 195cfm exhaust fan.
If your basement is 72, you might not get much cooler then high 70s with the light on. High 70s is fine though. I'd try putting the intake where the passive hole is and plug up the rest of the hole with some cardboard or whatever and see what it does. My tent is usually about 5* higher then the room. 72 seems kinda warm for a basement temp, basements are always mid 60s here with varying humidity

I would move the small fan to the other side of tent and lower it to get a bottom to top circulation. It looks as if that fan right next to the exhaust is blowing the heat into the tent.

If your basement is 72, you might not get much cooler then high 70s with the light on. High 70s is fine though. I'd try putting the intake where the passive hole is and plug up the rest of the hole with some cardboard or whatever and see what it does. My tent is usually about 5* higher then the room. 72 seems kinda warm for a basement temp, basements are always mid 60s here with varying humidity
I already did to see if it helps. Rigged the 195cfm fan up.

Attachments

• 20220904_161318.jpg
    20220904_161318.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
I would move the small fan to the other side of tent and lower it to get a bottom to top circulation. It looks as if that fan right next to the exhaust is blowing the heat into the tent.
That 9" fan is for cooling the light and heat sink. I mounted a 16" oscillating fan under the light to move the hot air around.

Attachments

• 20220904_162017.jpg
    20220904_162017.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 26
That's probably gonna be about as much as you can do. If the air in is the same as the air out, you're not gonna be able to cool more unless you can cool the basement
It'll be easier in the winter when the basement gets cooler, but I may have to build a swamp cooler outside to draw air through for the intake atm. That should cool the air by 5-10F

I think im going to leave the 195cfm intake fan for forced air intake, lower the light level a bit, and add a CO2 bag to help the girls deal with the extra heat. If need be, ill add a dryer vent hose to the air intake and have it pull through a swamp cooler.

Am I off base or will this work?

I didn't see were you mentioned a humidifier. My humidifier actually knocks my tent temps down a few degrees.
I have 2 humidifiers but both are warm mist humidifiers. I live in a humid area though so I only need to use it between seedling and early veg. The rest of the grow I use a dehumidifier in the basement to condition the air going in and help prevent mold and mildew in flower.

Back