DIY Television Armoire Grow Box aka BayLee420 goes Stealth

So I have a friend giving away the item in the pic I have attached so I'm going to try to make something like you've done just for the hell of it. Have a full roll of Mylar film and 2 Mars 300 lights (will just use 1) and I'm going to try to make my own stealth grow box. Once I get going I'll either post here or create my own post...this should be fun!! Thanks for all the tips and tricks here!!
2b1618094eb73cb0db6d80c38a67243f.jpg

Well it looks like it worked out real good for you. A bit of this for your efforts. :slap: What the little flower things on either side of the plants?

So here is the inside of my cab...not nearly as fancy as the master but it should work. The inside is lined with Mylar and has small humidifier, 6" fan, and small fans for intake and exhaust. Ran my 300w (140 actual) light with everything else going to make sure it would be ok - temps run about 78 and humidity about 45%...should work just fine. Will drop some new seeds next week probably and give it a trial run. A little buttoning up of a few things but should work just fine.
aac82af428354e1c3c345cd8c65e6092.jpg

bc54a8ed2adb135c8891f63abf3b457a.jpg

I should add I have about 28" from light to shelf so plenty of room for most strains as long as I don't go huge pots. And I have another of the same light if I think the one isn't enough. Figured I'd try 2 at a time in here and see what happens. If needed and they get too tall I'll move them to my bigger tent if more space is needed.

Last edited:
So I made one slight change and have it running a heat test to see what this change will make. I wasn't sure my single 300w led would cover everything I want to do so I added a second 300w that I had - both are new style Mars. Have to find a way to make them stay level but that should be simple. Hopefully the heat doesn't get too high or I'll have to add more extraction. Also need to add Mylar to the sides...

d7c39d1f5e5a06bcfd89197ad897952c.jpg

Looking very nice there. One way to exhaust the hot air is to run a "cool" tube with an intake and exhaust going over the lamps. Then have a separate intake for the fresh air. This would work with HPS and MH lamps. Not sure about LEDs. Is your room air conditioned? My Den is at 70F and the inside grow cabinet is 81F-83F. If you can keep an A/C on or have an intake/exhaust fan in a window to blow air into the room is another option. Hope this helps.

Does my heart good to see one of my ideas working for you.

Excellent job. :slap:

Thanks man!! Room is about 68 normally and LED's run much cooler. Has small fan in bottom right pulling air into the cab and another upper right for exhausting...
Will know more when I get home after its been running for about 6 hours to get a good feeling on running temps.

Back