DIY Television Armoire Grow Box aka BayLee420 goes Stealth

This is something I've wanted to do for years and years. Make a grow cabinet with enough stealth that it can be placed in a persons home and not be detected. I chose a television armoire from a DYI, make it yourself furniture company. They are sold at all box stores if you just look around. I need to tell everyone up front that if you can find a cabinet already assembled or an old TV armoire. Then do it. The box that this armoire came in was shipped to my home and it weighed 208 LBS. That is correct. TWO HUNDRED EIGHT POUNDS. Up two flights of stairs with a hand truck and a $25.00 tip to the driver. It is now leaning against the den's wall and ready to be assembled. I am not going to bore you with every little detail of the assembly. I'll post the things that really will make it a grow cabinet. As everything I try to do is make it simple, economical and workable. So if anyone needs to see me make a "stealthy" cannabis grow cabinet. Then the project will be starting soon.
Just found this...hope you don't mind if I show a pal what is possible? Excellent journal here...

Never really wrapped up this thread...

The Stealth Armoire Grow Cabinet was a project that came out okay. There are still tweaks that I can do to make it more stealthy. However she's good to go for my needs. If the armoire was in a living room (now that would be ballsy). It would need more work on her light proofing. The SAGC is in my Den. Nobody goes in my Den except my beagle dog. It's off during the day. From 12 Noon to 6 early evening the lamp and exhaust fan are off. Anyone who does come over to my home wouldn't even know the armoire was no more than an entertainment cabinet. I have no close friends..(except Rhyce Saroni). I like people on a one on one..but most people suck. Friends can suck more. Also if you have to grow weed then you keep everyone out of your house period. Or Go Stealth.

It doesn't take Bob Vila to build one of these. My best suggestion is to look on one of the online sites that offer used furniture. this style TV armiore is really out of date with the current Media TV setups. Most people now mount the TV on their wall. Get one that the doors open flush with the sides is preferred. Not ones that the doors slide into the cabinet. In fact try to avoid those unless you are a Bob Vila.

The second way to get a stealth project started is buy a Sauder Woodworking or AKEA DYI cabinet. There many designs in entertainment center or wardrobe style cabinets. You choose the style that will fit your stealth needs. They are some what easy to build. Most only require a few tools that are common household tools. Phillips head screwdriver and a small hammer. They can easily be assembled and taken apart. Do not glue these pieces together. For one reason most manufacturing companies give you a Life Time warranty on parts. Second and MOST IMPORTANT is they weigh a FLIPP'N TON. You will need to take these apart if you plan to move them. No joke....listen to what I am telling you. DO NOT GLUE THE PARTS. Okay.....design the inside exhaust port, light/lamp set before hand. Use Panda wrap or whatever to cover the areas need to be covers on the pieces BEFORE ASSEMBLY. Also do not paint DYI furniture.. it can be done, but it's NOT RECOMMENDED. Do all your cutting of the intake and exhaust on the cabinet before assembly too. The final step is to assemble and 90% of all the guts, so to speak, should be done before putting the pieces together. Always double check your work and pre-assemble if necessary. DYI furniture is made of MDF. It's very dense and hard. When cutting holes into it for intake and exhaust. There will be plenty of dust. Fine dust that will get everywhere. A shop vac would be nice to have. Eye protection and a dust mask are required.

Next is if you build a DYI. Do it in the room it's going into. Don't think that you'll make it in the garage (unless i's staying there) and move it to where you need to move it to. DYI furniture is VERY HEAVY and top heavy to boot. A falling 200 lb cabinet can hurt. ALWAYS ASSEMBLE IN THE AREA IT'S GOING IN.. Assemble the pieces as per instructions and tweak the set up.

It took me 12 days to complete this project. I did a few hours at a time and didn't rush it. If you have all the plans done ahead and put your mind to it. Two or three weekend, vape and get stoned assembly days should be enough time. You will need additional tools like a jig or copping saw, Dremel and a nice power drill to complete the project. The back of my armoire came with a cheap cardboard back that would not support the exhaust. I bought a 1/4 MDF board from a lumber yard. Dremeled the exhaust and intake with those.

Hope this gives you all a better idea on how the Stealth Armoire was done.

Last edited:
7d1dc68385ea4a4a615931d197b6009e.jpg
285eee8d906f0183689a19201858a233.jpg
192b82424c42e5d53681b484fbab8145.jpg
ca5df4d65d55a725124bd822fbbcfcc6.jpg
dc6a74b63a8848407a26dd6b8e1120eb.jpg
3241158d43bcf9ab85f3ad4163a1af1a.jpg

1.58'X3.25'X3'= 15.405

Last edited:
do you have a speed controller for the exhaust ? it helped me dial in my temps. and damn that cab is looking sweet
I guess so...The Max 6 has a three speed control. I keep on #2. The negative pressure is great and the inside cabinet's temp is 8-10 degrees warmer than the outside Den's temp. I am happy with the set up. Needs more light proofing, however, she's running well.

Back