New Grower Sweet Tooth Auto, Early Plant Indoor/Outdoor Grow Journal

Going along nicely I see, and thanks for the nutes details, will help me and others immensely.

I believe your getting some sourcrack, I think they will be perfect size for that box, i got 4 waiting to go in the next couple of weeks or so, just waiting on the council to come do some planned maintenance ( don't want them deciding that they need to run a wire through the cupboard ime going to use lol) .with a bit of luck will be going at same time , will be good to compare notes.

Keep up the good work

Going along nicely I see, and thanks for the nutes details, will help me and others immensely.

I believe your getting some sourcrack, I think they will be perfect size for that box, i got 4 waiting to go in the next couple of weeks or so, just waiting on the council to come do some planned maintenance ( don't want them deciding that they need to run a wire through the cupboard ime going to use lol) .with a bit of luck will be going at same time , will be good to compare notes.

Keep up the good work

Yeah i am happy so far, getting nice and frosty and still got over a month to go, if she keeps up at this rate even the fan leaves are gonna have a sugar coating. Will keep up with the nute details till the end as i will in all future grows, you will find it helps when keeping up and planning with your feed schedule.

Yep Sour Crack is on its way and will be the next one going in, again sunlight and CFL. Looks like you cant go wrong with Mephisto Genetics, well same can be said for many other breeders here. Also was the most personal and hassle free purchase buying direct through Mitch, what a top guy with perfect customer attention.

Yeah best be safe, rather than sorry. At least once you are in the clear you can get on with the grow panic and hassle free, it will have a positive effect on your girls, growing nervously leads to mistakes that can be detrimental, patience brother is key.

Will be fun to have a grow to run alongside with, might pop another in a beer can at some point for the next contest, i get a feeling Sour Crack could be a good strain to run in a small space, due to her compact size and short growth period.

Here is a closeup of the frostiness so far.

[video=youtube;tiKKMfAJWHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiKKMfAJWHQ[/video]

Last edited:
after reading tour method of trimming and tucking and such, I've come to the conclusion that we are brother's from different Mother's. or you have a spy cam in my cab as I do it the same exact way.:D

after reading tour method of trimming and tucking and such, I've come to the conclusion that we are brother's from different Mother's. or you have a spy cam in my cab as I do it the same exact way.:D

HaHa it is just the way special people do it lol, nah seriously i think it is the most productive and stress free method to open up all possible bud sites, i also have to keep it in that last week of preflower as close to the end of the stretch as possible, that way you know where the bud sites will be that need exposing, dont slow down veg as it is just about done already, buds get as much light as possible all the way through full flower and when i have trimmed in full flower in the past, it has always resulted in a hermie flower or two (always on the same nodes that i trimmed).

Nothing to back this, is just the way in my head it seems to work best, there are good arguments for and against trimming and at the end of the day, as in many things is personal preference.

Last edited:
Lots of science involved with growing. But I'm discovering that with all of the variables involved, growing is truly an art form!

Day 46

Things still ticking along and the buds are slowly starting to bulk up. Smell is increasing a bit but still not overwhelming and with the room door closed is not escaping, so no need to try The Neutralizer yet. She is starting to get real frosty around the bud sites and it is even spreading to the base of some of the smaller fan leaves, first time i have had a plant frost up that much with so long to go.

I know i said no more trimming and did not want to, but have had to take about another 10 leaves including 2 of the bigger fans, as in some places where i had tucked and tied them moisture was appearing on the between the leaves, almost like they where sweating, so took them off as i did not want to risk mildew or mould appearing on them, will be keeping a eye out for hermies due to this though for next few days.

Temps are sitting between 19c-24c lights off and on, humidity even though i dont have a way of checking i would say is low (between 35-50) as i have been controling it along with airflow by opening the window and adjusting how open the front of the box is depending on temp and time of day, as since the new light went it heat went up a bit along with humidity, since doing this temp has dropped a bit but even with the fresh air blowing through the room are staying acceptable, and has reduced humidity in the box by a hell of alot.

Has been two feeds since my last update one on day 44 (Grow 3ml/L + AlgAMic 2ml/L + Bio Bud 5ml/L + Bloom 3ml/L) and again today (Grow 3ml/L + AlgAMic 2ml/L + Bio Bud 5ml/L + Bloom 3ml/L + CalMg 1ml/L) these where both 1L mixes, she is taking up a litre every two days now, so am thinking to up the feed to 2L mixes from the next feed on, and try to feed every three days, also will be adding CalMg 1ml/L to every feed till two weeks before harvest, where i will switch to just Bloom+Bio Bud, till a flush over the last 3-5 days.

Well thats about it for now, getting close now and hoping i dont fall at the final straight due to any unseen disasters.

Happy growing to all, till next time......

2015-02-28 12.29.07.jpg 2015-02-28 12.29.44.jpg 2015-02-28 12.32.10.jpg 2015-02-28 12.32.24.jpg 2015-02-28 12.32.39.jpg

Have been looking into the sweating leaves a bit more and look to have found the answer, was only on the leaves that were below another that was touching and as most of the stomata are on the underside of the leaves makes sense. Well after the trim up yesterday no more leaves touching so no more moisture on the lower leaves, but good thing seems to be it means conditions are good and she is stress free, as if temps where to low or high, RH was off or she was stress this would not be happening.

Here is the info i found copy and paste from another forum.

What your plants are doing is called transpiration and it is a part of photosynthesis. As your plants roots take in H2O (water) during photolysis (the light period), the thylakoids of the grana in the chloroplasts of the leaves breakdown most of the H2Omolecules into H+ and O-- ions, the O-- ions automatically form covalent bonds and make O2 (oxygen) which exits the plant through the stomata (stomas) located on the lower epidermal layer (underside) of the leaves. Some of the H2O is not split up and exits the plant through the stomata as H2O vapor. During the carbon dioxide fixation period (the dark period; however, carbon dioxide fixation occurs during the day as well) CO2 that has been absorbed through the stomata is broken up in the stroma of the grana in the chloroplasts of the leaves. They bond with the H+ ions left over from photolysis and form C6H12O6 (glucose) which is converted into starches and transported to the meristematic tissues (grow points, tips of roots and shoots). The reason that plants transpire is to both cool the lower parts of the canopy and raise the humidity near the stomata which accelerates photosynthesis. The water you are noticing is just a buildup of the water vapor that has exited your leaves.
The rate of which your plant photosynthesizes is determined by the amount of which the stomata are open or closed which is determined by the Turgur pressure (H2O pressure) within the plant. Humidity, amount of light, temperature, and CO2 concentration are the main factors that determine turgur pressure. In no light, the stomata completely close, also in temperatures above 100F or below 30F will also completely close stomata, low humidity (below 20% RH) will cause closing of stomata, CO2 concentration too high (above 2000 ppm) will also close stomata.
By the sound of things, your plants stomata are wide open and with 24/7 light, they are maximizing their potential for photosynthesis to occur. Keep those climates just how they are and those will be some happy plants.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Day 50

Not much to report really, she is still slowly bulking up on the buds and smelling real nice (very citrus smell mainly like lemon with a twist of orange that comes in after).

Have stuck with 1L feeds every two days for the time being, as it has been a humid week so wanted to keep the moisture as low as possible to lower the chance of mold or rot as the main cola is pretty dense now. After nearly two bad weeks on the weather front and being only under the CFL things are looking up and have got a whole week of sun forcast and temps are rising nicely (nearly to the stage she will most proberly be finishing up with a good few days outside in direct sunlight, going to slowly get her used to the change a few hours at a time each day to stop it shocking her)

Have backed off the grow a bit over the last two feeds and they were as follows.

Day 48, Grow 2ml/L + AlgAMic 2ml/L + Bio Bud 5ml/L + Bloom 3ml/L + CalMg 1ml/L
Day 50,
Grow 2ml/L + AlgAMic 2ml/L + Bio Bud 5ml/L + Bloom 3ml/L + CalMg 1ml/L

I would say at a guess will be looking at harvest around days 64-71 but will have to wait and see as she may even go a little longer.

2015-03-04 12.08.18.jpg 2015-03-04 12.08.45.jpg 2015-03-04 12.10.07.jpg 2015-03-04 12.11.56.jpg 2015-03-04 12.12.25.jpg 2015-03-04 12.12.47.jpg

She's looking fantastic mate, lovely colour and frosting up nicely, great growing and DIY skills bud.:Sharing One:

Back