I kinda follow that guideline myself...I dont start counting until I see first set of true leaves, and a second set just about to show. That way I know the plant is out of the seedling sprout "danger zone" , I have had seeds stuck in the seedling stage only to lag and then just quit altogether..no suicide note, nothing...just dead. This way I know the seeding is healthy and willing to grow with little worry.
agreed that is the correct way! cheers to ya! I only mentioned about this because I didn't think it looked at day 61, I know why now.. I think it looks good though, I said I wasn't being negative or anything.. I thought that may be the case is she had started count from day broke ground, which will throw time-line off... If someone expecting a plant finish 75 days and takes 90 they say breeder is wrong, but actually since peoples start dates are usually early...It will just put everything more on track in my opinion, if a strain takes 75 days or so, if using wrong time line you'll be looking at trics too soon in most cases..even more so on a first grow...was just trying help her establish a correct date for that plant..:pass::d5: that's not to say plants do not go way beyond what breeder says, some do... but most finish close or near time-line they call for..My Duurty Magic called for 65-75 days, first taking at 74 Days Dead on time line!! the 2nd is much larger & will be 2 weeks or so beyond the time line..

Last edited:
I kinda follow that guideline myself...I dont start counting until I see first set of true leaves, and a second set just about to show. That way I know the plant is out of the seedling sprout "danger zone" , I have had seeds stuck in the seedling stage only to lag and then just quit altogether..no suicide note, nothing...just dead. This way I know the seeding is healthy and willing to grow with little worry.
lmao I just re-read this again hahahaha, no suicide note:rofl::rofl: damn brother you have me laughing my ass off!

Yeah, I wouldn't hold a breeder to the days as I'm on my L's, but also it's great to have a timeframe and know where that start point is :thumbsup:

Did read this great article about trichomes, well worth a read, I thought it was really great.

http://growhappyplants.com/look.html
yes, to me having an accurate or fairly accurate time-line.. just helps as your learning, so at different stages you know what you should be seeing or not seeing, kinda like how I noticed this didn't look 61 days... In time you'll notice things like that also... I know you didn't know what day to use for start date and that isn't uncommon at all, I think your doing a great job, considering the things that had come up with her... :bighug:

About the "days" thing, the most important thing is to check when the plant is ready, irrespective of how many days the breeder says it will take until it's mature enough to harvest. There is a window of harvest, from just ready to very ripe.
On the "just ready" side of things, you probably want 70% of the pistils to have changed color from white (or pink) to brown / orange, and the trichomes (the little bulbs of crystal) to be changing from clear to cloudy (white).
On the "very mature" side of things, then almost all the pistils will be brown (or fallen off), and the trichomes having maybe 50% cloudy and 50% amber.
The earlier harvest tends to be "higher", whereas the later harvest more "stone".
Often the buds up top and down bottom will have some differences, with the lower buds maybe needing a little more time.
I personally prefer a slightly earlier "high" product, so harvest earlier than most.
But earlier will also mean less weight. Pistils changing to orange / brown doesn't mean that the calyx (the little pointed flower itself) is fully matured in size, as they often bulk up after the pistils have turned and they are no longer viable to seed.
A lot of people will pick a little bud fairly early, fast dry and test, and then wait a little longer, etc.
That's also a good way to maybe stagger your harvest, keep them separate, and test smoke them.
You can find whether an earlier higher flower is better for you, a medium one, or a late matured flower works for you.
Main point, look at your plant, and see when it's ready, and don't worry too much about what day it's on.
Though definitely record what day, if you want to grow that same strain again and need to time things.

You got this, girl!!!
Maria, you are Oh so right! Just started a two stage harvest on my Sour Hound. She has quite a bit of Amber on top third and below mainly milky, so I took her up top and am gonna give the rest two days, maybe, because I'm not into couchlock myself, it's always me smokin dumbshit anyways!!! LOVE IT

Maria, you are Oh so right! Just started a two stage harvest on my Sour Hound. She has quite a bit of Amber on top third and below mainly milky, so I took her up top and am gonna give the rest two days, maybe, because I'm not into couchlock myself, it's always me smokin dumbshit anyways!!! LOVE IT

Happy harvest, @stedimed !

Day 56-ish :thumbsup:

Happy New Year AFN'ers!!! Hope you all had an awesome one :cooldance:

Things are looking ok now, haven't been able to spot any new damage to leaves or pests anywhere on them. I have put sand around the base also.

Feeding 2.5mL of Grow & Bloom, 1mL of Calmag.

I'm about to make a trip out of town for a week so my girlfriend will be taking care of her. I'm unsure of when to stop feeding nutes and start with just water? Have a few photos below of trichomes, bit of a mix on main cola. Some are clear, some cloudy and some translucent amber.. Also took a shot on one of the small lower buds too.. :coffee:

0201_4706.jpg

0201_4714.jpg

0201_4718.jpg

Main cola
0201_4719.jpg

Main cola
0201_4721.jpg

Lower small flower
0201_4723.jpg

Day 56-ish :thumbsup:

Happy New Year AFN'ers!!! Hope you all had an awesome one :cooldance:

Things are looking ok now, haven't been able to spot any new damage to leaves or pests anywhere on them. I have put sand around the base also.

Feeding 2.5mL of Grow & Bloom, 1mL of Calmag.

I'm about to make a trip out of town for a week so my girlfriend will be taking care of her. I'm unsure of when to stop feeding nutes and start with just water? Have a few photos below of trichomes, bit of a mix on main cola. Some are clear, some cloudy and some translucent amber.. Also took a shot on one of the small lower buds too.. :coffee:

View attachment 845777

View attachment 845778

View attachment 845779

Main cola
View attachment 845780

Main cola
View attachment 845781

Lower small flower
View attachment 845782
looking very good Blanch! them trics will stay like that for a while yet, I wouldn't start looking at them for another 15+ days maybe slightly more, once the caylxs start swollen you'll know when she getting closer and that's about time you'll start looking at trics... I just not want ya start looking way to soon, as the buds not mature yet, still quite a ways to go..I'll let ya know when good time start checking is... I know I seen some people in past check early, then next I know I'm seeing harvested photo's of unfinished plant...I doubt that would happen here coz so many people watching... :d5::pass::bighug::dancer::slap:

Back