State of AFN 2021

Hey everyone, love the feedback and thank you all for your support!

We do have a GoFundMe that was up from last year (and we hit our goal, raised about $2400, which covered site fees, got us our technical work done (man that sucked soooooo bad,) got us a plethora of add-on's, even a custom developed add-on (our photo gallery poll is a custom developed add-on.)

So I'll get you guys the link to it here, not sure if I need to reset it somehow or just keep it going, etc, but it's still live and active.

As far as the banners go, is that something we should put to a vote in a poll? Do both?

Does it matter which vendor? You all prefer a seed bank or breeder up there? Doesn't matter?

And for the record, we've never once shaded or slanted any reviews or testing we've ever done on the site. I won't name names (but in the backroom I will talk some shiiiiiiit,) but a certain lighting company (that is no longer on AFN) asked us to stage all the testing, to allow them access to all the posts and content to "revise" anything that was ill written, asked us to sign a legal agreement giving them that access/power, etc. We told them to eat a ****. And that will always be my answer to these companies that want to do that.

I want this to be transparent, I want our integrity to show through here with what we do here. We don't have to exist, we exist because we WANT to exist. And every effort to make this something other than our home has failed, so let's keep our home "our home." :hump:

This is why I push for the ads, because I know it won't effect anything we do/say :pass:

I am happy to donate a bit, I think we can easily do it ourselves without whoring out. I also think allowing some ad's is good because it can be helpful to some, and I am sure some of the vendors would like to be able to have real ad's here too.

I really don't like the idea of getting amazon involved, yes maybe a good way to make the site some money, but I don't like Amazon, and I don't think its needed.

I bet if you get the gofund me link up, the site will be funded in a week.

I'm all for the Gofundme! And why not ask vendors for donations vs selling a banner ad? Hell they give us seeds which cost them little, and they reap good sale because of it. Member word of mouth advertising, free of charge, I'd say they have a win win situation there. So ask for a little help from them!

Back