New Grower Start up (11/6/22)

So I went ahead and stripped the lowest fan leaves off all the plants. Though they were all basically in good health they were just in the way, and on my runt peyote it still didnt help open up access to the pot much.

View attachment 1544201View attachment 1544202View attachment 1544203View attachment 1544206View attachment 1544207View attachment 1544205

I also chose to do this because on the watermelon zkittles the branches growing at the first node, have fan leaves that are suuuuuuper droopy. Im thinking its due to heat stress. I think the fan leaves I stripped covering these were blocking pretty much all air flow and light from hitting these because on the opposite side where the leaves were more exposed they are completely fine. So these should perk up a bit over the next couple days. Also rotated my 6" fan to indirectly pump more air towards that side of the tent.
View attachment 1544215
The rest of the plant looks fine. I also downloaded the photone app. I like it a little better than the ppfd app. It had a selection that was closer to the leds my light is made with. Feel it gave me better readings and I decided to lower my light back down a bit. My tape measure is in my work bag, so im not sure exactly where its sitting but according to the app its about 290-300ppfd at the top of each plant.
Screenshot_20221206_051324_AC Infinity.jpg

Decided to include tent conditions with this post in case anyone was wondering. I know its not a major issue at all, just figured Id get a couple questions about environment if anyone was wondering.

Day 31
Got my rubberized lst wire today. Gotta say, I hate it. Should have just gone with the cheap twist tie stuff. Thought it would be a little easier to use have a little more rigidity, which it does, too much in fact.

I traind all the lowest branches down and some above them but for right now i just wanted to open up that one peyote and train some leggy branches on the watermelon down.

Speaking of the watermelon I just decided to snip that one branch with all droopy leaves. Left the mirroring side on. It appears the side I cut was no longer growing. While the ok side is growing slow its now 3 nodes ahead of the side I chopped so it just wasnt going anywhere.

Did a little lst on all 3 photos, left the auto alone as the structure on that is beastly and does not need it.

Once again I forgot to turn my resolution down so all the pics I took wont upload and I just spent 1.5 hours screwing around lst'ing so Im done going in the tent for today.

Needless to say now that the watermelon is spred open it looks like so much less plant now.

Seems like growth on the watermelon and my runt peyote has slowed down a bit, but that could just be me being home and checking it too often on my days off and just not noticing it because I am always looking.

Last edited:
Got my rubberized lst wire today. Gotta say, I hate it. Should have just gone with the cheap twist tie stuff. Thought it would be a little easier to use have a little more rigidity, which it does, too much in fact.

I traind all the lowest branches down and some above them but for right now i just wanted to open up that one peyote and train some leggy branches on the watermelon down.

Speaking of the watermelon I just decided to snip that one branch with all droopy leaves. Left the mirroring side on. It appears the side I cut was no longer growing. While the ok side is growing slow its now 3 nodes ahead of the side I chopped so it just wasnt going anywhere.

Did a little lst on all 3 photos, left the auto alone as the structure on that is beastly and does not need it.

Once again I forgot to turn my resolution down so all the pics I took wont upload and I just spent 1.5 hours screwing around lst'ing so Im done going in the tent for today.

Needless to say now that the watermelon is spred open it looks like so much less plant now.

Seems like growth on the watermelon and my runt peyote has slowed down a bit, but that could just be me being home and checking it too often on my days off and just not noticing it because I am always looking.
Whole tent
Watermelon zkittles
peyote critical

20221207_040217.jpg
20221207_040231.jpg
20221207_040502.jpg

These are the best photos I could get. Really not liking using these style ties with the gussets on my rs pots.

Whole tent
Watermelon zkittles
peyote critical

View attachment 1544658View attachment 1544659View attachment 1544660

These are the best photos I could get. Really not liking using these style ties with the gussets on my rs pots.
Been messing around with this photone app and I love it compared to the ppfd app. Forgot that I screenshotted the readings directly above each plant and surprisingly even with the pretty drastic height differences the amount of light hitting the canopy seems to be pretty even.

This is the reading for the granite runtz auto
Screenshot_20221207_050414_Photone.jpg

The watermelon zkittles
Screenshot_20221207_050332_Photone.jpg

The normal peyote critical
Screenshot_20221207_050340_Photone.jpg

The runted peyote critical
Screenshot_20221207_050349_Photone.jpg

Thinking about actually paying for this app so I can get leveled readings with the gyroscope. That is a great feature. Tried keeping my phone as level as possible but you can see by the photos it wasnt.

Been messing around with this photone app and I love it compared to the ppfd app. Forgot that I screenshotted the readings directly above each plant and surprisingly even with the pretty drastic height differences the amount of light hitting the canopy seems to be pretty even.

This is the reading for the granite runtz auto
View attachment 1544664
The watermelon zkittles
View attachment 1544665
The normal peyote critical
View attachment 1544666
The runted peyote critical
View attachment 1544667

Thinking about actually paying for this app so I can get leveled readings with the gyroscope. That is a great feature. Tried keeping my phone as level as possible but you can see by the photos it wasnt.
Appearently I misunderstood this app. I thought I had to pay to use the pro features. Yeah you dont....

Day 33
Got a little bit to report today

Looks like some calyxs are showing up on the granite runtz auto. My phone wouldnt focus well enough to get a pic. So I'll just wait till they get bigger.

Also decided to chop off that other 1st branch on the watermelon zkittles. The leaves were not perking up and all the fan leaves had become droopy yesterday and over the night. Nothing else is wrong with the plant. I think its very possible that I did dry out an area in my pot and the roots that fed those 2 branches are basically dead. The leaves were still a healthy green just no internal water pressure to give the leaves rigidity. When you touch the leaves it felt like silk, almost no texture to the leaves at all. Hopefully with the heavy watering I gave it hydrated 100% of the soil.

I watered yesterday giving each pot a gallon of plain distilled ph'd water. What concerns me right now is the peyotes and granite all had run off after about 5 minutes after watering, so much on one I felt it was a good idea to dump the run off out so that it didnt wick it back up right away and waterlog the bottom of the pot. But the watermelon zkittles had none, I even poured the remainder from the peyote that had so much runoff I stopped watering it. It was probably less than .25 gallons but still no runoff whatsoever. Its a little concerning to me that my biggest plant, also the only plant Ive had to prune entire branches off hasnt had runoff once. I guess when I do a flush in a couple days I will keep an exact measurement off what I put in till runoff.

The peyote that had the excess runoff is doing fine. My soil is draining very well. I think I will continue to use FFHF as a medium. Even though it seems to be the same blend as ocean forest. It drains better and is no where near as hot. Thinking it was the remainder of my OF that made it difficult for my seedlings at first. It seems like once they got to a certain size and used up most of the excess nutes from the OF they turned around pretty quickly.

Took some pics but not of what I did. I realized during my last run if I stood in a certain spot and snapped a pic every day I can almost turn it into a flip book in its own photo album. Its kind of cool and a little dorky.

20221207_174626.jpg
20221207_174625.jpg
20221207_174623.jpg
20221207_174621.jpg

Day 34
Did some research on afn to find out more about how to care for autos. I really liked the read "The Life Cycle of Autos", but this raised a question that was answered by @Dale's Proper Bud thankfully. Shout out. Would have fed for flower a little late if I waited till week 6 or 7. Shes really starting to skunk up my tent when I open the door. Think shes gonna be a pretty nice strain. Will be flushing with sledgehammer on all 4 in 2 or 3 days to add yucca and help make the switch on the granite. Probably should be feeding her already but I just gave her a plain watering yesterday so I dont wanna over do it.

The 3 photos are all doing well, the 1 peyote is still a runt with really freaking tight node spacing, so that will be interesting when I make the switch to 12/12 in a couple weeks. Noticed that since I adjusted the light after downloading the photone app none of the plants beside the granite have alternating nodes anymore.

Dont really know what thats about, but then again I didnt even know the nodes start to alternate till my last grow so obviously theres still more I need to research about cannabis physiology. Gotta thumb through my ed rosenthal bible again. Its been too long and I feel theres a bunch of info I didnt retain. Good thing I just bought if off google play a couple months back so I can read it whenever I have downtime.

Trimmed some fan leaves off the taller peyote to give some more light to the lower branches. Insane to me how big these fan leaves are getting at only 4 weeks and a couple days of age. So much so I had to measure it. 11.25" seems astonishingly huge compared to the bulk of photos I see on here but that could just be how Im interpreting what I see. Looking smaller than they actually are.

20221209_074723.jpg
received_1528892677893606.jpeg

Top left, runt peyote critical
Top right, granite runtz
Bottom left, non runted peyote critical
Bottom right, watermelon zkittles

The granite and the watermelon are starting to take over their side of the tent so I think when I do my flush on sunday or monday Im gonna rearrange the tent and slide the taller peyote back, move the watermelon over to the left and bring that runt peyote up to the front where the watermelon is to even out the tent and give a little bit more side to side space for those 2, to widen out a bit more. And so I have more room to continue lst.

Also will be defoliating most of the big ass fan leaves in the way a week or so before I make the switch to flower. Still on the fence about waiting till I see alternating nodes again or not. Once the stretch starts I dont wanna have my tent be over packed and have to trim whole branches to get them to fit nicely.

Back