New Grower Start up (11/6/22)

That's called a FIM. Some people do it intentionally. Don't sweat it :thumbsup:
More like a FIRM (fuck i REALLY missed) lmao. I really wanted to keep that fan leaf on there. Now it just looks dumb lol. Its a pretty strong plant Im sure it'll bounce back just fine. Im just nervous to see what happens to it now.

It's still young! It'll probably turn out fine - and who knows - you may have discovered the latest High Stress Training methods for hefty autos! :D
Its a photo tho lol. Only the granite runtz is an auto the 3 others are photos. Getting into the auto game just starting with freebies. It'll be fine I just cant believe I made that cut after making a perfect one 2 seconds before that lmao :doh:

Its a photo tho lol. Only the granite runtz is an auto the 3 others are photos. Getting into the auto game just starting with freebies. It'll be fine I just cant believe I made that cut after making a perfect one 2 seconds before that lmao :doh:
Even better news!! :D ... no life or death timer! You're little abused plant will turn out just fine with love! :D

Even better news!! :D ... no life or death timer! You're little abused plant will turn out just fine with love! :D
Yeah I know. I was excited to run these 2. I guess its a limited run from barneys if I remember right. Its their peyote purple x critical kush. I kinda wanted those to be the "stars" of this grow but looks like 1 of my stars has got a scar now lol.

Yeah I know. I was excited to run these 2. I guess its a limited run from barneys if I remember right. Its their peyote purple x critical kush. I kinda wanted those to be the "stars" of this grow but looks like 1 of my stars has got a scar now lol.

In another 90 days ... you'll not even notice the scar .... although you may get LOADS more buds sites and an even canopy (so every dark cloud has a silver lining right??) :D

It'll turn out ot be a blessing in disguise i reckon!

So I didnt take a pic but I decided to go ahead and top my peyotes today. First one went great, second one, didnt realize how far into my sheers I was cutting but I took the top off....and the start of the branch at that node.....and the fan leaf right under it. Well I took that fan leaf off cuz I cut halfway through its stem. Ugh I hate myself right now.
20221201_173415.jpg

Heres that peyote I did that heavy chop on. Doesnt look horrible actually. Plant took it well so far

Heres the other
20221201_173418.jpg

Day 28
So Im saying the one peyote I really chopped on when I topped it didnt even get phased by it. So thats great.

Did a plain watering today. The granite runtz was really dry but them freaking rain science pots do not let go of water, even the one directly in front of the passive intake was still pretty damp a few inches down the side. Decided to water them anyway because after I watered the runtz they were very light in comparison.

Gave the granite about 3/4 of a gallon Enough to soak the pot all the way through, it was light as air, surprisingly the granite is a trooper and wasnt droopy at all.

Gave the watermelon zkittles a hair more than half gallon. Since it was still moist I just wanted to rehydrate the top of the pot and with it being over 3 days since they got any hydration I wanted to make sure she had something.

The peyote that got the big chop I gave about 2/3s. It was lighter than both the other 2 but not as light as the granite was, and the other peyote I really only remositened the top, I saw roots starting to weave through the top of the soil so I just wanted to make sure they didnt dry out.

Granite Runtz
20221202_081705.jpg

Peyote that got the heavy chop
20221202_081702.jpg

Watermelon zkittles
20221202_081655.jpg

Other peyote
20221202_081659.jpg

Day 29
Not much to report today.

Defoliated a tiny bit the one peyote thats just not seeming to wanna stretch. Took off the mirroring fan leaf to the one I chopped when topping, figured get more light to the branches below. Also raised the light another 6 inches to see if it will help make the branches at the nodes stretch more because even they are stacking tight. The other peyote is behaving more like the watermelon skittles. Tighter stacking but its still no where this one. Oh well we'll see, even if she short and bushy shes still growing well.

Also tucked some fan leaves on all 4 plants. Seemed to have misplaced my roll of lst wire so I ordered a new one. Hopefully they get here soon said 3 days but all of these photos stems are beefing up quickly so itll be hard to really train them down soon. I already think its a bad idea on the shorter peyote, its node branches are already half as thick as the main stalk! Ill try and get a pic but its hard to get everything out of the way to get a camera in there. I measured her and shes only 5.5 inches where the other plants are almost double that. And using 2 different par apps they both say its only getting 280-300 which I figured would be low enough to get it to start really reaching.

This is the best shot I could get of the shorty peyotes branches. This thing is just a short beefy little thing.

20221203_194925.jpg

Watermelon
20221203_193656.jpg

Granite
20221203_193659.jpg
20221203_181434.jpg

And the other peyote
20221203_193703.jpg

May have over watered a tad notice the tips are curling down hard today but there was also a heavy drop in humidity again I think the filter on my humidifier needs replacing. Even tho I only put distilled water in there it has started to yellow a bit and its not wicking as well anymore.

Oh also before I forget nodes growing in on the watermelon are alternating already. That didnt start till nearly 2 months in on the caramel cream. Looks like the taller peyote is starting already too. Of course the granite runtz is showing already so it is also alternating but I figure thats not really unexpected.

Last edited:
Day 30 (1 month in!)
So today marks a month and I honestly couldnt be happier with the way everything is going.

Havent had to do much of anything and the only problem I had was starting bottom watering too early which Im just going to skip this run anyway, until I get a better understanding of the most effective way to utilize the system. But I like the control you have over top feeding each plant individually and since Im not going to have more than 4 plants going at a time, at least for a while, it just doesnt seem worth it to me to get into automatic irrigation.

So all 4 plants are looking good. Lst wire has shipped so hopefully its here by tuesday or Wednesday I definitely need to start training these 3 photos.

Noticed that both of the oldest branches on the granite runtz seemed to have "topped" themselves. I say that because they both have split into multiple tops by themselves, not concerned at all, and Ive seen it once or twice before on other sites when doing research but never really seen anyone talk about it here but I also havent been looking till now

So this is one of the branches that seemed to diverge on its own
20221204_102647.jpg

The one on the other side. Not a great pic but it looks like one of the chutes is going to split up again. Could be wrong hard to tell.
20221204_102721.jpg

Heres the whole granite runtz took pics with the grow light off and on to see how the color looks under more natural light.
20221204_102513.jpg
20221204_103041.jpg

Watermelon zkittles
20221204_102500.jpg
20221204_103033.jpg

Peyote with bad top
20221204_102505.jpg
20221204_103045.jpg

Other peyote
20221204_102509.jpg
20221204_103038.jpg

Not much else to report. Thinking about trimming away some of the oldest fan leaves on all the photos, they are all so big they are really making it hard to get into the pot and water without getting water all over them. Not a prob when just watering but with a feeding those spots fry up pretty quick and one of the leaves on the granite looks like a rusty washboard in the exact outline of the splash I got on it lol. So for the sake of keeping them leaves at peak efficiency imIm probably gonna do a small defoliation when I get my wire and start lst.

Super excited to see how they flower out. Im almost getting inpatient/anxious. Also Im kinda going into growing this much blind. I have a rough idea about how big all these plants will get but I did some snooping around the forum to see if anyone else had grown granite runtz all the way through and I found one and it was bigger than my caramel cream when I chopped it down and it had to still be quite a ways away from harvest from what I saw, so canopy management is a concern for me. After they all start flowering, I think im gonna have to drop it to 12/12 before the granite gets harvested. And im nervous about putting some netting up because I dont want it to be difficult to move stuff around when the granite is ready to come out.

So I went ahead and stripped the lowest fan leaves off all the plants. Though they were all basically in good health they were just in the way, and on my runt peyote it still didnt help open up access to the pot much.

20221205_182733.jpg
20221205_182726.jpg
20221205_182652.jpg
20221205_182524.jpg
20221205_182631.jpg
20221205_182520.jpg

I also chose to do this because on the watermelon zkittles the branches growing at the first node, have fan leaves that are suuuuuuper droopy. Im thinking its due to heat stress. I think the fan leaves I stripped covering these were blocking pretty much all air flow and light from hitting these because on the opposite side where the leaves were more exposed they are completely fine. So these should perk up a bit over the next couple days. Also rotated my 6" fan to indirectly pump more air towards that side of the tent.
20221205_182512.jpg

The rest of the plant looks fine. I also downloaded the photone app. I like it a little better than the ppfd app. It had a selection that was closer to the leds my light is made with. Feel it gave me better readings and I decided to lower my light back down a bit. My tape measure is in my work bag, so im not sure exactly where its sitting but according to the app its about 290-300ppfd at the top of each plant.

Back