New Grower Start up (11/6/22)

They look fine to me
Im not saying they look horrible but they were much perkier while I was top watering. Also I cant find any literature on how to use wicking bases effectively and I am not great at trial and error, it tends to be try and give up if it gets too tedious

I've never bottom watered this particular way, but I used autopots for a couple of years and that's a bottom watering system and this does look familiar. I think you're just a week early with it on the bigger ones and 2 weeks early on the smaller ones. They'll grow out of it either way though. Don't sweat it too much :thumbsup:

So I just wanted to throw an update up here because I was thinking about installing one in the ducting in my basement, but there is a heat register on the backside of one of the ducts basically right on top of my tent, its open now. I feel completely blind, Ive been living in this place for almost 4 months now, have been going in the basement almost daily and just now noticed this vent. :doh:

Day 24
Couldnt get any decent pics but the granite runtz is starting to show sex, theres pistils at the 3 and 4th node so I guess the countdown for that one begins, was hoping that one would wait another week or 2, but it is what it is.

Couldnt get any decent pics but the granite runtz is starting to show sex, theres pistils at the 3 and 4th node so I guess the countdown for that one begins, was hoping that one would wait another week or 2, but it is what it is.
All of my plants started to show sex around day 14-20 when they were rather small. 3bogxmango and sour stomper were less than 10 inches tall when I noticed the first signs of sex. I don't think I can establish any sort of strong correlation between how early they showed sex and how large they got by the end of their veg stage. Initially I thought early signs of sex around ~day14 meant that the growing window was closing, but my concerns were unwarranted.

20221128_200128.jpg

Was finally able to get my camera to cooperate with me, this is the granite runtz

Day 24 update
So now that my camera was cooperating with me. Wasnt focusing and my phone kept closing out of the camera app. Needed an update.

Since opening the register in the basement the temps are nice. Humidity isnt bad either

Added another riser to get the granite runtz a little closer to the light and raise the dli, raised it and bumped it up to 50% to help out the granite runtz and not overload the others as they are vegging still. The 3 photos are getting about 450ppfd probably closer to 500 with the door closed and with the extra 5 inches the granite runtz is getting closer to 600-625ish. Still a little low but they are getting 18 hours still.

I plan on bumping up the power to 70% and raising the light to the top,after I top the 3 photos after this next node grows in a little more. I really want them to start getting taller so Im hoping after the stress of the top that they really start to reach for the light. Planning on getting a small, but tallish table to put the granite on to keep the light levels in the flowering range.

20221128_195857.jpg
20221128_195801.jpg
20221128_195756.jpg
20221128_195751.jpg
20221128_195742.jpg

Tried getting a pic of the nodal growth on each plant. They didnt come out great but each plant has got some healthy internodal branch growth and I think they will all take to a topping well. This watermelon zkittles is getting me anxious as hell. Its really starting to pick up the pace since I got the temps to stay above 70 during the day.

600-625ppfd is considered low at this stage? For an auto?
Tbh idk i just wanted to give it a little boost plus my app i feel really isnt accurate. If my phone isnt perfectly level the readings bounce around alot but that was the highest it said. The lowest was 500. I think its the screen protector on my phone. So I have no idea what it actually is

I use Photone also and I have an otter box so I’ve always assumed it’s not perfect but it’s not gonna be way off either. I’m clueless to the science of lighting which is why I asked, I go by the plants but refer to the app for an official number for notes for future grows. I always like to see and ask what other guys are doing.

Back