New Grower Start up (11/6/22)

Yes, it has enough nutrients to get through the first month. OF is just about half again stronger than HF.
Really? Ok well then I will wait to feed, and I do have a small amount of ocean forest in there. Gardening store only had the 12 dry quart bags and they didnt have enough so I mixed in my remaining OF from my last run in. But it was about 1/4 of my total medium

Ever so tidy in there, and ready for fun - good luck this time around :pop:
Thanks man. I figured out what happened on my last run. It was the night I left my lights on in my basement. It must have shocked the bottom half of the plant which caused the pollen pods to grow on the bottom half of the plant. Ive been thinking about getting a 4in fan for an intake so I can close my passive intakes if I do it again.

Day 10
Not much to update but Im bored and still pretty sick.

Letting my soil dry out thoroughly, noticed some kind of greenish growth after soaking my pots a bit. Noticed my exhaust was set on 1 so it basically was moving no air at all, now that its set to 5 humidity has dropped from the low 60s to the high 40s-low 50s. The temp has also stabilized at about 72. So conditions are good right now. I brushed some soil around to make sure there was still some moisture under the dried out surface.
20221114_065758.jpg
20221114_065755.jpg
20221114_065751.jpg
20221114_065745.jpg
20221114_065737.jpg

Next week its suppose to be in the single digits at night so I may have to get a portable heater for my basement over the winter. We'll cross that bridge when it comes though. Found out I have about 400 bucks in cash back on my credit card I use for gardening so if I do need one I can get it right away and free so thats nice.

Day 12
Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I got my grated pot risers today, already got one under each pot. My saucers are coming on saturday and my wicking cord should be here tomorrow. Will not be using the wicking bases right away. Gonna wait till a good root system is established first, so it will just be wicking any runoff back into the pots for now. Then I will only be top watering maybe 1 time per week just to make sure water is making it to the top half of the pot but only if its visually dry.
20221116_184301.jpg

Also bought 8lbs of what was advertised as coarse perlite to spread over the top of my pots, and its actually 8lbs of small polished river rock. I'll keep it to mix in my next batch of soil but I wanted perlite to help hold in moisture and break up and oxygenate the water on the way down. Unfortunately I dont think this will help because its polished smooth and not porous.

Other than that update, plants are doing ok. Heres a pic of each one.

Watermelon Zkittlez
20221116_183936.jpg

Peyote Critical #1
20221116_184027.jpg

Peyote Critical #2
20221116_184110.jpg

Granite Runtz (auto)
20221116_184208.jpg

Day 13
20221117_071407.jpg

Gave the girls about 16oz of water each last night, also with a little bit of feed and I think they liked it. Definitely grew a bit over night. 2nd set of true leave are in on almost all of them, beside that peyote thats a day behind everything else.

Also it doesnt come in on the photos well, but both peyote criticals have this orangish purple hue to the surface of the leaves as they grow in but fades when the leaves have come fully in.

Not concerned just think its kinda neat and hoping that orange comes through in flowering, it would be nice to see an array of colors in here if I got the right phenos, looks like besides the limited info on the granite runtz that the other 3 could go purple/orange which would be cool to say the least.

Back