Some help with drying/curing

So I think my nose is just broken to the smell of weed. Seriously. I had COVID over Xmas and my sense of smell has not been the same. I've been letting people try what I've harvested and they all keep telling me how amazing it is, how good it smells and trying to buy from me, which I don't do. And I don't even smell it in my house. I don't try to hide the smell at all. But when people come over the first thing they ALWAYS say is "wow that smells good"...

Also I do want to say, having more in the bag definitely slowed drying way down. RH is still 70+ when I check. I'm going let them go until it gets to a steady 65 then jar them.

I do have 1 question though. Those of you that use Boveda, how long do you use 1 for?

Also I do want to say, having more in the bag definitely slowed drying way down. RH is still 70+ when I check. I'm going let them go until it gets to a steady 65 then jar them.

I do have 1 question though. Those of you that use Boveda, how long do you use 1 for?
You keep them in the jar till they get solid then you replace. It will keep your weed perfect. They last 6 months to a year

You keep them in the jar till they get solid then you replace. It will keep your weed perfect. They last 6 months to a year
Ughhh. I was throwing them away after the jar was empty. Guess I should have asked sooner. Would have saved myself some money :wall:

Thanks for the reply @Olderfart

So I think my nose is just broken to the smell of weed. Seriously. I had COVID over Xmas and my sense of smell has not been the same. I've been letting people try what I've harvested and they all keep telling me how amazing it is, how good it smells and trying to buy from me, which I don't do. And I don't even smell it in my house. I don't try to hide the smell at all. But when people come over the first thing they ALWAYS say is "wow that smells good"...
I don't have covid and I don't smell the weed growing in my house. Others smell it though when they come over tho. I am immune to the smell from growing I think. But when I'm close to flowering plants I can smell em.
Ughhh. I was throwing them away after the jar was empty. Guess I should have asked sooner. Would have saved myself some money :wall:

Thanks for the reply @Olderfart
Just keep it sealed in a jar if your not using em til you need em again

So what you’re saying is that because we grow weed we can’t smell it anymore? I just left a dispo, just went in to test my nose and didn’t smell any weed. The weed I checked out smelled like dirt and grass. No dank smell.

I’m just want to know if I’m drying curing right lol. If. I can’t smell weed and my friends are all saying mine smells really good, I can stop stressing so much lol

I can only smell the good things in it now. Like the Pina Colada, I have been grown if I rake my fingers over its greasy leaves It smell like a Pina Colada. Strawberry Banana smelled like Starbursts. But I cannot smell that dank weed smell. But I cannot smell Natural Gas anymore LOL.

I recharge my Boveda. With care, they seem to last for years. I recharge them by putting them in a container screened to keep the Boveda envelopes out of the water in the bottom of the container. They will absorb water from the high RH in the container, bringing them right back to where they were new. At least that is what mine seem to do every time so far.

There is nothing magic about Bovedas, they are simply a permeable envelope containing a special mix of salts that release moisture below a particular RH, and absorb it at higher RH. You could put your own salt mix together to accomplish the same thing, but the permeable envelope would be hard to duplicate.

But definitely don't throw them out... :pighug:

Pulled some of the blue dream out and trimmed it to do a jar check. I thought they were pretty well dry. In a little over an hour the hygro said 82%. Like I said the other day, my idea of dry and actually dry, not the same.

Back