Grow Room Smorf's Micro #4: Mephisto northern cheese haze

I went ahead and made a thread in the infirmary to make sure i figure this out before anything gets worse.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/tiny-white-dots-on-leaves-and-growth-on-fabric-pot.59907/

My plan as of now is to check it out with my loupe later and i might wipe the outside of the pot down with the 70% alcohol i used to clean the inside of the box. I will also give an extra day to allow for the pot to dry out before watering again(have been watering every two days so i will wait until the third day now until i figure this out).

Hi man, can you put up a pic of the white spots on leaves? The only thing I think I can see on the pic above is ever so slight tip burn, or maybe ever so slight calmag deficiency, if using chem nutes probs best to up it slightly.

And about the growth on fabric pot, just be careful using that high alcohol near the soil, I think so long as it's just the side of the pot nothing to worry about, just thinking straight alcohol could harm the soil life. Surely if this was ok before, you'll be fine.
:hookah:

@Sensi Jay i will try to snap a pic later of the white dots if any are there still. Im using gbd supersoil with roots organic soil(plus dolomite lime and ewc) so im only planning on maybe needing biothrive bloom towards the end if even needed at all. I also have GO calmag if needed.

Thank you for taking the time to help out guys. Much appreciated.:cheers:

I also get some of this...(white dots).

Initially I thought it was thrip damage << I had what we call 'springtails' in one pot last year and spent a lot of time cabinet cleaning and airpot sterilising before restarting again. Then I thought maybe 'viral' << I have recently had to ditch a collection of 4 different 'Wandering Sailor' type variety of plants which have got themselves a virus transmitted probably via aphids... and the dotting is strangely similar << but I haven't seen anything in the cabinet to suggest aphids have got in and unlike yours my dots DON'T wipe off.

I think as per whoever suggested salt deposits is probably correct. While I don't do a foliar mist as you have done I am aware that there are always splashes going on and with misting you will always get concentrations of salts at the evaporation tips (especially if you have soft/chalky water). If there are no signs of creepie crawlies or flapping things and the spots wash off I really wouldn't worry.
:pass:

What worries me more, is my NCH is a couple of weeks behind yours and she looks much more Sativa leaf - I will post a couple of comparison pics once she's taken on more structure but looks like we may have very different pheno's ha ha, I like mine small and fat so the thought of a Sativa dominant thug in the cabinet fills me with a combination of horror and a challenge in LST.

Looks good tho :D

Last edited:
Day 24
Getting some leaves clawing and i took better pics.
The white dots on the leaves look like tiny little rocks or salt i guess under my loupe.
After i took pics i wiped the outside of the pot with a moist paper towel.
I guess the little white spots on the leaves could be residue from the optic foliar overgrow seeing how my bottle is about a year old?
temporary.jpg
temporary.jpg

Heres the best i could do for the little white spots
temporary.jpg
temporary.jpg

temporary.jpg

Day 25
Gave 18oz water with 0.15ml mammoth p.
Will spray overgrow tomorrow.

Yeah im going to guess its some kind of residue from the overgrow because my bottle is a little over a year old. Hardly any residue anyways i can barely get pics of it. Will see if i still have residue when i stop spraying during flower and i will get a new bottle for the next grow, mine is almost out anyway but i should have enough for this grow.

She looks great. Cant say enough how easy the structure is allowing me to keep an even canopy doing lst so far. Excited to see how it goes when the stretch begins:pop:

temporary.jpg

Day 27
Gave 20oz water with 0.2ml mammoth p.

Looking good except for a few lower leaves.
Wont be suprised if i end up needing to feed biothrive bloom in flower for this grow too.
since im using a half gallon pot i dont think there is any way to have enough food in that amount of soil to finish all the way.
temporary.jpg
temporary.jpg
temporary.jpg
temporary.jpg

Last edited:
Back