Lighting Small UVB Experiment.

just a comment.... the sun hit's cannabis with uvb from sprout to harvest:thumbsup: :pass:

This is of course true. But the video posted previously, that I have used as the guide for this, makes certain recommendations that I am sticking to as closely as possible. I'm not trying to discredit or bolster his assertions. This is for my own learning curve and anyone who wants to follow. I'm glad to see others who have stepped up and decided to do a more detailed study. Especially using new bulbs without the fade factor of my old one. I can see a difference in the number of mutated trichs from when mine was new. There are hardly any now, there were many when it was new.

Granted its more realistic with full daylight hours of exposure from day one.. A good test would be outdoors with one plant under a UV proof screen. Maybe someone will take it on. A good window tint film would probably work.

One observation I can make easily is that of my three plants, two are showing heat stress and light burn from the LED being a bit too close. But, the one plant that has the UVB exposure and is the tallest, thus closest to the LEDS is showing NO sign of the stress at all. A reasonable conclusion, with all other factors being equal, is that the defense against UVB has the side effect of protection against heat and other lightwave burn. Yes, the tips are nute burned. There is no protection from my heavy hand.

Grapefruit Punch in flush.
259100-eb6dcf8df670734cfff1106966399ce6.jpg

Blueberry1 stressed.
259101-5d647cb153d23379ddf81df710e83748.jpg

Blueberry2 with UVB
259102-9c40702f27dd618dbbe6f0a66af83a2d.jpg

:pass:

:pop::nicethread:uvb drive's resin production, the more resin, the healthier and more potent the plant. also resin drive's trichome production as well. healthier plant = more trichome's . my 2 cent's :pass:all my led panel's have a uvb output, and the plant's get it, 20 hrs a day from seedling to harvest. but it also can be highly detrimental to your's and the plant's health,if in to large a dose. :biggrin: think about a cannabis plant at 14000 ft , in the tropic's, what do you think the dose of uvb would be, pretty powerful!:cheers:

Very interesting thread. i am very close to trying this.
So if i get the 10 to 15 wt. lizard light and put it on its own timer for like 8 to 10 hours a day, it sounds like I will get a stronger healthier plant?
Cant wait for the smoke report.

:pop::nicethread:uvb drive's resin production, the more resin, the healthier and more potent the plant. also resin drive's trichome production as well. healthier plant = more trichome's . my 2 cent's :pass:all my led panel's have a uvb output, and the plant's get it, 20 hrs a day from seedling to harvest. but it also can be highly detrimental to your's and the plant's health,if in to large a dose. :biggrin: think about a cannabis plant at 14000 ft , in the tropic's, what do you think the dose of uvb would be, pretty powerful!:cheers:[/QUOTE

Sorry to disagree . Your input is worth a lot more than 2 cents.

I do agree with the rest of your post.. It would be ideal to know the output of the bulbs and it's comparison to the levels at the different locations. I do not have the resources to take on such a project. I'm sure the data is there to be mined but requires more basic knowledge of science then I have. Just the terminology would hang me up.

I can picture how useful the knowledge could be. I can picture an algorithm built into a smart LED allowing you to dial in your location and altitude so the light adjusts accordingly to feed only what the girls need.

I COULD use a trip to the Kush, OK, who's got the grant? :smoking:

Hey Joe Dirt, Good to have you here.

I'm happy to see an unexpected positive result beyond the potency question I'm out to answer. It almost makes frying my girls a little worth while.
Egzosets suggestion of "pulsing" the light is interesting. Worth looking into.
:pass:

Last edited:
[emoji14]op::nicethread:uvb drive's resin production, the more resin, the healthier and more potent the plant. also resin drive's trichome production as well. healthier plant = more trichome's . my 2 cent's [emoji14]ass:all my led panel's have a uvb output, and the plant's get it, 20 hrs a day from seedling to harvest. but it also can be highly detrimental to your's and the plant's health,if in to large a dose. [emoji3] think about a cannabis plant at 14000 ft , in the tropic's, what do you think the dose of uvb would be, pretty powerful!:cheers:
What led panels are you using that you have uvb output? I've been looking to purchase some but haven't found any

Back