New Grower Skunk #1(growers choice)

Girls are looking a little droopy and light green. May or may not be something to watch. Nitrogen issue?

I think it was heat stress? The a/c went out and just got it replaced.
If it doesn't clear up in a few days,ill days, to up nitrogen
And thank you

Question about tap water.. mine is hard water and ph 8s 7.8ish after 24 hours, since im in soil how important is ph?
also how beneficial would a ro system be?
I've been trying to research it but so many different opinions i get lost. So any input would be great..

I read some articles on sulfuric acid and I think I'll stop it. There's a few things I found I'm not comfortable with.
So thanks to everyone.

Question about tap water.. mine is hard water and ph 8s 7.8ish after 24 hours, since im in soil how important is ph?
also how beneficial would a ro system be?
I've been trying to research it but so many different opinions i get lost. So any input would be great..

I read some articles on sulfuric acid and I think I'll stop it. There's a few things I found I'm not comfortable with.
So thanks to everyone.

Hi There! :D

PH is all important for nutrient uptake from the plant. If RO is an option, I'd consider it with those numbers.
If the soil isn't in the nutirent uptake range of 6.0 - 6.5 the plant wont take the nutes it needs.

Look at the chart on the right for soil - It's not perfect but gives an idea of nute availabilty and why 6.0 - 6.5 is a safe bet. (don't worry too much about the last 3 bars ... If anyone ever gets an iron, magnese or boron tox/def ... I'll eat your hat! :rofl: .. as they're as rare as unicorns)

1621520827802.png

By this chart - at 7.8 you've locked out nitrogen uptake.

So your nitrogen deficiency (or any other deficiency) could well just be a PH problem rather than a deficiency - and adding more nutes wont solve the problem (in fact probably make it worse) .. until the PH is in range.

You can add lime to soil to buffer it .. Although i buy a bag of prebuffered soil and my water isn't so far out that it works. With super hard water, you'll need to lower it.

I've not used an RO system, but have a feeling that you'll also need to add things to water that it takes out (Calcium)

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks,
guess I was on right track then, will take me some time to get all that together, maybe next month, in mean time ill pick up some different acid and try to get on right track.
Our city tap runs 350ppm plus and ph stays high.
I'll flush them tonight with new feed.
Any suggestions on acid. I think maybe they use buffers?
Also is backstrap molasses during flower ok?

Im growing in a buffered soil and I just finished up my second grow and I can tell you first hand that pH is one of the most important things to keep track of. My first grow sufferd big time. It made it to the finish line but man, it was a lesson learned for sure. Once I bought a decent pen and was diligent about setting my pH to between 6.4 and 6.6 for every watering, with and without nutrients, it made a huge difference.

I have been using General Hydro pH UP and pH Down. Use the plant grade one, marine adjusters aren't the same. I just get from my local shop. I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to do it but this was the simplest and easiest way for me.

These are pictures of today.
It still has not showed sex.
So I am thinking about just trashing it?

Attachments

• 20210522_060327.jpg
    20210522_060327.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210522_055244.jpg
    IMG_20210522_055244.jpg
    883.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210522_055257.jpg
    IMG_20210522_055257.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
These are pictures of today.
It still has not showed sex.
So I am thinking about just trashing it?

um, first off, u've failed to mention in this thread what strainz ur growin & if they're autoz or photoz :confused1: u may have mentioned it in ur intro thread, but i don't feel like tryin to find it, lol :rolleyes2: anyhoo, i meself do see this plant showin sex at the main nodez, so...:shrug: if they're not wantin to go into flower, whether auto or photo, u can alwayz flip to 12/12 on the lightz to make em flower ;) and yes, u can feed molassez all thru the life cycle...jus make sure it'z unsulphured blackstrap, uzin 1-2 tspn per gal o' water, once a week & ur good to go :thumbsup: ppp

My apologies I'm new to forums. The one with issues is skunk #1auto from growers choice seeds and her sister is in front of her. The other 4 are care bear autos by fire budz, and thank you for pointing out my errors. How long do I run them 12/12? Thanks for your input.

Back